Trapped Austrailian Miners

Whatever forum news there might be...see here...and suggest any new forums.

Moderator: Andrew

Trapped Austrailian Miners

Postby Liz22562 » Tue May 02, 2006 4:25 am

Andrew,

I just read an article regarding 2 miners trapped in a mine in your state of Tasmania. My sincere thoughts and prayers for the third miner that was crushed and a quick recovery of the 2 remaining miners.

Please let us know when they are rescued!
Liz22562
8 Track

Postby Andrew » Tue May 02, 2006 8:59 am

Thank you!

6 days in the hole so far....amazing that 2 of the 3 guys hav ebeen found alive, but yes, even this minute in day 7 they are stuck in a cage burried under rocks.

Working 24/7 to get to the guys and latest news says maybe tomorrow.

They are now being fed water and jelly beans via a tube - possible from a small drill hole thru the rocks.

The whole state is glued to the news....
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Jonny B » Tue May 02, 2006 11:33 am

Andrew wrote:Thank you!

6 days in the hole so far....amazing that 2 of the 3 guys hav ebeen found alive, but yes, even this minute in day 7 they are stuck in a cage burried under rocks.

Working 24/7 to get to the guys and latest news says maybe tomorrow.

They are now being fed water and jelly beans via a tube - possible from a small drill hole thru the rocks.

The whole state is glued to the news....

At least your fellow countrymen are trying to rescue them. We had a mine catastrophe happen in the states this year. What did the feds and/or people do? Considered them dead and did nothing to save 'em.
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby Andrew » Tue May 02, 2006 11:50 am

Wow...that certainly wouldn't happen here...they are still digging :)
Andrew
Administrator

Postby yak » Tue May 02, 2006 12:31 pm

Andrew wrote:Wow...that certainly wouldn't happen here...they are still digging :)

Glad to hear that, Andrew, but sorry to hear the news. My prayers are with the trapped men, their families, and the rescuers.
And to the family of the one who didn't make it.
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Liz22562 » Mon May 08, 2006 10:57 pm

Hey Andrew,

This weekend, one of the cable news networks had a segment on the trapped miners in Tasmania. They actually had an animated recreation of what happened to the 2 trapped miners and how they are digging a tunnel to get to them.

2 plus weeks is a heckuva long time to be trapped in a cramped cage in a mine but it is very apparent workers are doing everything possible to keep them comfortable and safe.

Please keep us updated. No doubt we will here about it as soon as they are rescued. Thoughts and prayers to the families and to the 2 men still trapped!
Liz22562
8 Track

Postby Andrew » Tue May 09, 2006 11:22 am

Freed this morning...finally....amazing scenes here!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby chickpea » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:32 am

I saw these 2 guys on GMA this week. Amazing story! They were saying that they refused to be carried out and told the EMTs they were walking out of there on their own.
chickpea
LP

Location: Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?

Postby Liz22562 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:06 pm

This is a great ending to an amazing story. I wish I had seen them on GMA, chickpea.

Seems the biggest problem they are having here in the states is the oxygen supplies. Seems like most of the guys died because their oxygen gave out. I read an article that stated they were suppose to last 2 hours. Seems to me if you have trapped miners you would want an oxygen supply to last a heck of a lot longer than 2 hours. Go figure.
Liz22562
8 Track

Return to MR Site Updates, Forum News & Requests