Any way to ban a member sending 419 scam messages?

Whatever forum news there might be...see here...and suggest any new forums.

Moderator: Andrew

Any way to ban a member sending 419 scam messages?

Postby Todd H » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:10 am

I keep getting messages from someone named mary55 that are basically 419 scam messages. Here's the message...

From DANIEL AWUS.

Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire
west Africa.=email-(danielawus@hotmail.com) or (d_awus03@yahoo.com)

My dear,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into long time relatioship and financial transaction for our mutual benefits hence I write with due respect .I am DANIEL AWUS and I inherited an important sum of money from my late father who died in a recent crisis in Cote d'Ivoire. I wish to request for your assistance in investing this money in a lucrative venture under your directives and guidiance in your country.
I want you to assist me for the transfer of this sum of Two million, five hundred thousand United State Dollars.($2.500,000) to your account designate hence I will give you the contact of the bank where the money is so that you can contact them immediately and discuss with them since I do not know much about financial issues.
I will give you some resonable percentage from the total sum for your assistance while I pray that you do not betray me at last. Please it is important you contact me immediately for more clarifications on the next step hence it is my wish to relocate to your country as soon as this transaction is concluded.Pls do response via this email: (danielawus@hotmail.com) +22507001145
Thanks and God bless you.

DANIEL AWUS.

Any way we can ban this person? Thanks.
Todd H
Ol' 78

re

Postby lights1961 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:50 am

I got the same email today!! Yes please lock em out..

Rick
lights1961
Compact Disc

Postby Andrew » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:49 am

Well and truly banned and eradictaed. Sorry for this and for those others that got mailed before I got kill this asshole off.

Any more, let me know ASAP.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Todd H » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:07 pm

Will do Andrew.

BTW, love the site. Keep up the good work!
Todd H
Ol' 78

Postby pinkfloyd1973 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:11 pm

Oddly enough I got the same one in French, I just deleted it because even in French I knew it was a scam :D

Robin 8)
"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause."
pinkfloyd1973
Cassette Tape

Postby F.FRED » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:12 pm

Andrew wrote:Well and truly banned and eradictaed. Sorry for this and for those others that got mailed before I got kill this asshole off.

Any more, let me know ASAP.

Thank you :D
F.FRED
Fresh Air

Return to MR Site Updates, Forum News & Requests