Metallica Form

Whatever forum news there might be...see here...and suggest any new forums.

Moderator: Andrew

Metallica Form

Postby styxdudebrandon » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:36 pm

We need one Man!
styxdudebrandon
45 RPM

Postby styxdudebrandon » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:36 pm

RIDE THE LIGHTNING!!
styxdudebrandon
45 RPM

Postby GetNervous [EmoBoi] » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:46 am

I totally afree. we need a Metallica Forum!! by the way.. i love styx too and my name is also brandon :P
GetNervous [EmoBoi]
Radio Waves

Postby ShootingStar07 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:39 am

Are metallica a melodic rock band? I know they were originally a thrash band. Melodica however are a a melodic rock band. It is just such a shame that they were not that great.
ShootingStar07
Radio Waves

Postby Penny » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:15 am

There's a metal forum where Metallica can be discussed. There are a lot of other metal bands who deserve a forum before they do. And they've gone to shit.
Reaching out to catch a piece of paradise
Penny
LP

Postby Behshad » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:30 pm

ShootingStar07 wrote:Are metallica a melodic rock band? I know they were originally a thrash band. Melodica however are a a melodic rock band. It is just such a shame that they were not that great.

Wtf do you mean they werent that great?
Metallica is one of the best bands ever. They managed to create their own recognizable sound, great songs and a perfect band name.
They wipe the floor with any of the bands on MR.
They just went downhill with St Anger.....
Other than that, they have produced many great songs for all tastes!
Behshad
MP3

Postby ShootingStar07 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:50 am

Behshad wrote:
ShootingStar07 wrote:Are metallica a melodic rock band? I know they were originally a thrash band. Melodica however are a a melodic rock band. It is just such a shame that they were not that great.

Metallica is one of the best bands ever. They managed to create their own recognizable sound, great songs and a perfect band name.

Please re read my post then think about what you wrote. Melodica produced an album call St anger?

Metallica did produce some good albums... after the black album they went to the garbage dump and never got out of it. Also as I said in my orginal post they are not a melodic rock band.
I would prefer to talk about Millenium or Melodica. Rick Springfield... Survivor, Boston.. Journey...
ShootingStar07
Radio Waves

Postby ShootingStar07 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:55 am

Behshad wrote:

!

Does that include Baron Yngwie MalmStain and Talisman? :lol:
ShootingStar07
Radio Waves

Postby Behshad » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:55 am

ShootingStar07 wrote:
Behshad wrote:

Please re read my post then think about what you wrote. Melodica produced an album call St anger?

Metallica did produce some good albums... after the black album they went to the garbage dump and never got out of it. Also as I said in my orginal post they are not a melodic rock band.
I would prefer to talk about Millenium or Melodica. Rick Springfield... Survivor, Boston.. Journey...

I read what you wrote originaly and you didnt specify, you just said too bad they werent that great.I guess youre the one who didnt read my post.
And what about ST Anger? I guess you confused me on that one,,,,or is it an abbot&costello routine?
They WERE great,,, one of the greatest,,,, and even songs from their load and reload are better than the average crap on the radio today.
Should they have their own forum on a melodic rock forum? probably not, cause theyre heaveier than your average MR.
Behshad
MP3

Postby ShootingStar07 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:57 am

Behshad wrote:
ShootingStar07 wrote:
Behshad wrote:

I read what you wrote originaly and you didnt specify, you just said too bad they werent that great.I guess youre the one who didnt read my post.
And what about ST Anger? I guess you confused me on that one,,,,or is it an abbot&costello routine?
They WERE great,,, one of the greatest,,,, and even songs from their load and reload are better than the average crap on the radio today.
Should they have their own forum on a melodic rock forum? probably not, cause theyre heaveier than your average MR.

Melodica are that great..... lol
ShootingStar07
Radio Waves

Postby Behshad » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:01 am

ShootingStar07 wrote:
Behshad wrote:

!

Malmsteen yes...Malmsteen is a great guitar player, but it takes more than that to 'compete' with Metallica.

Talisman NO! lol
Talisman has produced more GREAT songs than Metallica& all the bands on MR, COMBINED !:)
Behshad
MP3

Postby ShootingStar07 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:13 am

Behshad wrote:
ShootingStar07 wrote:
Behshad wrote:

!

Malmsteen yes...Malmsteen is a great guitar player, but it takes more than that to 'compete' with Metallica.

Talisman NO! lol
Talisman has produced more GREAT songs than Metallica& all the bands on MR, COMBINED !:)

I liked Orion... and thought And justice for all was awesome. They are just not an AOR or a melodic rock bnad....Hence the reason why they should not have a forum.... it is great to have a discussion about music....
What you fave YM album? My is Oddessy....which works well as a melodic rock album buit back in the day I thought it was really heavy.....
ShootingStar07
Radio Waves

Postby Behshad » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:45 am

ShootingStar07 wrote:
Behshad wrote:
ShootingStar07 wrote:
Behshad wrote:

!

Talisman NO! lol

I liked Orion... and thought And justice for all was awesome. They are just not an AOR or a melodic rock bnad....Hence the reason why they should not have a forum.... it is great to have a discussion about music....
What you fave YM album? My is Oddessy....which works well as a melodic rock album buit back in the day I thought it was really heavy.....

Odyssey is his best when it comes to commercial radio hit songs... I like all songs on that album
But I also like the 1st album alot , cause of all the great instumental songs on it.
My 2 fav singers would be JSS and JLT :)
Behshad
MP3

Postby ShootingStar07 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:37 pm

I have never heard of YM on the radio but I take your point that Odessy is more commercial. I really like Crystal ball and riot in the dungeon. The first album is good but I prefer the later albums. So what would you say is the Yng's worst album?
ShootingStar07
Radio Waves

Postby Behshad » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:00 am

ShootingStar07 wrote:I have never heard of YM on the radio but I take your point that Odessy is more commercial. I really like Crystal ball and riot in the dungeon. The first album is good but I prefer the later albums. So what would you say is the Yng's worst album?

War to end all wars...
mainly because of the production,, very poor sound quality,, and it earlly affects the song quality

Some of Yngwie songs were on radio back in 87, including crystal ball and heaven tonight. MTV used play Heaven tonite video quiet often.
Behshad
MP3

Postby ShootingStar07 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:55 pm

Behshad wrote:
ShootingStar07 wrote:
Some of Yngwie songs were on radio back in 87, including crystal ball and heaven tonight. MTV used play Heaven tonite video quiet often.

Okay I will change my fave album to fire and ice... since I am wearing that tour t shirt at the present time
ShootingStar07
Radio Waves

Postby GetNervous [EmoBoi] » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:23 pm

Behshad wrote:

agreed... i never got to play it that much though.. i had st. anger on vinyl but sumone stole it from me... :(
GetNervous [EmoBoi]
Radio Waves

Return to MR Site Updates, Forum News & Requests