tesla

Whatever forum news there might be...see here...and suggest any new forums.

Moderator: Andrew

tesla

Postby toby70374 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:46 pm

would be nice to see a tesla forum
toby70374
Fresh Air

We should have a Tesla forum !!!!!!!

Postby Newk69 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:22 am

Toby, just a few words, i belong to the Tesla Street Team, and there is alot going on with them with a new album and box set due out soon. Iwas fortunate to meet the band last year a bunch of nice guys, party party !!!!! 8) 8) 8) and yes they will be touring this summer i willl keep you posted. Newk69
Newk69
Fresh Air

Postby Angiekay » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:15 am

Tesla will release not one, but two covers album this year. The first is called Real To Reel, and it will be out June 5th. The 13-song collection has the band's take on songs including Deep Purple's "Space Truckin'," the James Gang's "Walk Away," the Rolling Stones' "Honky Tonk Women," Traffic's "Dear Mr. Fantasy," and Led Zeppelin's "Thank You," which is the first single.

The second album, which is called Reel Two, has songs like Mott The Hoople's "All The Young Dudes," Bad Company's "Shooting Star," Sly & the Family Stone's "I Want To Take You Higher," Peter Frampton's "Do You Feel Like We Do," and Black Sabbath's "War Pigs." The catch with this record is that it will only be available with the purchase of a ticket to the band's summer tour, which starts June 7th in Santa Rosa, California.

Tesla singer Jeff Keith said, "Real To Reel is a collection of songs that inspired us back in the day when we first heard them in the '70s. We originally had a large list of songs in mind for the record, and we had a lot of fun picking out the ones that ultimately made it onto the album. Making music is all about feeding off of your inspirations and putting your own touches to it. We feel we�ve accomplished this to the highest extent."
As for why "Thank You" is the first single, Keith said, "We went back and forth about a lot of Led Zeppelin songs. We had planned on doing 'The Song Remains The Same,' and it was (guitarist) Frank (Hannon) who thought we should do 'Thank You' instead... I was so blown away that it inspired me to sing what I think is my best vocal performance on the record. When I finished recording in one take, it was just mind-blowing. Everyone in the studio was in tears." He added, "We all felt it was the perfect choice for the first single... It's a sacrilegious song to cover, and we didn't think we'd do it justice, but we were up for the challenge... Led Zeppelin inspired us to be a band in the first place."
The Real To Reel tracklisting includes:
1. "Space Truckin'" (Deep Purple)
2. "Walk Away" (The James Gang)
3. "Hand Me Down World" (The Guess Who)
4. "Bad Reputation" (Thin Lizzy)
5. "Thank You" (Led Zeppelin)
6. "I've Got A Feeling" (The Beatles)
7. "Day Of The Eagle" (Robin Trower)
8. "Ball Of Confusion" (The Temptations)
9. "Rock Bottom" (UFO)
10. "Stealin'" (Uriah Heep)
11. "Bell Bottom Blues" (Derek & the Dominos)
12. "Honky Tonk Women" (The Rolling Stones)
13. "Dear Mr. Fantasy" (Traffic)
The tracklisting for Reel Two includes:
1. "All The Young Dudes" (Mott The Hoople)
2. "Make It Last" (Montrose)
3. "Shooting Star" (Bad Company)
4. "Not Fragile" (Bachman-Turner Overdrive)
5. "Street Fighting Man" (The Rolling Stones)
6. "Is It My Body" (Alice Cooper)
7. "I Want To Take You Higher" (Sly & the Family Stone)
8. "Do You Feel Like We Do" (Peter Frampton)
9. "Beer Drinkers & Hellraisers" (ZZ Top)
10. "Seasons Of Wither" (Aerosmith)
11. "Saturday Night Special" (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
12. "War Pigs" (Black Sabbath)
The Tesla itinerary (so far):
June 7 - Santa Rosa, CA - Wells Fargo Center For the Arts
June 8 - Anaheim, CA - House Of Blues
June 9 - West Hollywood, CA - House Of Blues
June 11 - San Diego, CA - House Of Blues
June 14 - Las Vegas, NV - House Of Blues

Angiekay
Stereo LP

Postby Newk69 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:45 am

Angie, thanks as for the 2nd reel to reel album, rumor has it that it won`t be for sale only for purchase at live shows, even though i find this hard to swallow. And Jeff Keith is coming out with a Country album , no date has been set yet. I`m just looking forward to when they come Eastcoast, thanks again , stay in touch John :) :) :) :)
Newk69
Fresh Air

Postby pynch » Tue May 01, 2007 2:51 pm

Rock on! I don't usually get very motivated by these retrospective cover-records, but I'm actually looking forward to this one. 8)
pynch
Fresh Air

Postby johnroxx » Wed May 02, 2007 6:00 am

Newk69 wrote:Angie, thanks as for the 2nd reel to reel album, rumor has it that it won`t be for sale only for purchase at live shows, even though i find this hard to swallow. And Jeff Keith is coming out with a Country album , no date has been set yet. I`m just looking forward to when they come Eastcoast, thanks again , stay in touch John :) :) :) :)

The 2nd CD volume will indeed be available at Tesla's 2007 concerts, but it will be FREE with ticket purchase, not for sale.

The only exception to this is a handful of festival dates the band is playing.

;^)
johnroxx
8 Track

Postby Deb » Thu May 03, 2007 7:59 am

Interesting, thanks for the info Angie. :)
Now Playing: Green Tinted Sixties Mind - Live. https://youtu.be/e9YPFXVNINU?si=zDfcdUBpoaDSatLG
Deb
MP3

Postby Angiekay » Tue May 08, 2007 2:08 am

Tesla is posting online some of the songs on their upcoming covers album, Real To Reel. In addition to Led Zeppelin's "Thank You," which Tesla chose as the first single, the band has now posted online full versions of their covers of the James Gang's "Walk Away," "Ball Of Confusion" by the Temptations, and "Rock Bottom" by UFO. The tracks can be accessed at the new website teslarealtoreel.com.

In addition, the band has posted three songs at their myspace page. "Thank You," Deep Purple's "Space Truckin'," Traffic's "Dear Mr. Fantasy," and the Beatles' "I've Got A Feeling" can be listened to at myspace.com/teslatheband.

Real To Reel, which also includes songs originally made famous by the Guess Who, Thin Lizzy, Robin Trower, Uriah Heep, Derek & the Dominos, and the Rolling Stones, comes out June 5th.
Tesla has recorded a second covers album, with the title Reel Two, which will be given to fans at their North American tour stops beginning June 7th in Santa Rosa, California. That collection features tracks originally recorded by Mott The Hoople, Montrose, Bad Company, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, the Rolling Stones, Alice Cooper, Sly & the Family Stone, Peter Frampton, ZZ Top, Aerosmith, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Black Sabbath.

Angiekay
Stereo LP

Postby Trey » Mon May 14, 2007 4:12 am

Angiekay wrote:
The Tesla itinerary (so far):
June 7 - Santa Rosa, CA - Wells Fargo Center For the Arts

GOT tickets for this show! I just heard on the radio that ticket holders will be receiving a copy of Real to Reel. :D
Trey
Fresh Air

Postby ladoda2day » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:19 pm

Just bought the CD. GREAT
ladoda2day
Fresh Air

Postby The Crew » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:54 pm

There needs to be a TESLA FORUM, over 25 years and still rocking? There needs to be a Forum.
The Crew
Radio Waves

Postby mikemarrs » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:51 pm

was the new tesla covers CD any good?
mikemarrs
Stereo LP

Postby ltbob » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:56 pm

the only reason a bands cover songs is money,or just cant come up with anything good on there own.
ltbob
Ol' 78

Postby ltbob » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:57 pm

the only reason a band cover songs is money,or just cant come up with anything good on there own.
ltbob
Ol' 78

Return to MR Site Updates, Forum News & Requests