Outfield & Loverboy?

Whatever forum news there might be...see here...and suggest any new forums.

Moderator: Andrew

Outfield & Loverboy?

Postby 7 Wishes » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:45 pm

It's always hard to get current info on these guys, especially the Outfield.
7 Wishes
Stereo LP

Re: Outfield & Loverboy?

Postby IngoK » Thu May 10, 2007 10:49 pm

7 Wishes wrote:It's always hard to get current info on these guys, especially the Outfield.

Didn´t they had a big hit in the 80´s? Don´t remember the name of the song (The Outfield- of course not Loverboy).
IngoK
LP

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri May 11, 2007 2:21 am

The Outfield recently released a new CD online. Then it was released retail with a different track list. They also offered up a free Live CD for download. (They had a few hits in the 80's).
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby *Laura » Fri May 11, 2007 3:10 am

7 Wishes wrote:It's always hard to get current info on these guys, especially the Outfield.

The Outfield are great.They have a few old songs that I still love listening to and I have to say that the new album was such a nice surprise!They're still good!

Too bad there's not really much info on them out there.
They have a Myspace,but it's not what I expected.

http://www.myspace.com/therealoutfield

The official site might give you a better idea on what they do.

http://www.theoutfield.com/
Image Available @ LuluBooks.com
*Laura
Stereo LP

Postby IngoK » Fri May 11, 2007 5:39 pm

jrnyman28 wrote:The Outfield recently released a new CD online. Then it was released retail with a different track list. They also offered up a free Live CD for download. (They had a few hits in the 80's).

Thanks, I´m downloading right now. :D :D :D
IngoK
LP

Postby 7 Wishes » Tue May 22, 2007 4:03 pm

John Spinks had cancer and was not doing well the last I heard from the Outfield's manager, Danny Roberts, in late 2006 - I haven't heard from him since, and the site hasn't been updated in a year to the day. I'm quite worried. This was the last post:

It has come to our attention that people are expecting to see The Outfield play shows later this year (2006). Please allow us this moment to clarify that situation.

John has been seriously ill for the past year. He has undergone major surgery due to a rare liver cancer and he was/is unable (at this present time) to commit to playing shows until such time that he is fully recovered. However, John and Tony did continue to write and record during the downtime, the outcome of which became some of the extra songs that now appear on the officially released version of 'Any Time Now'. Although John's condition continues to improve on a daily basis he is still under strict instructions from his doctors not to rush back into any rigorous touring schedule that might hamper his ability to recover fully.

John and Tony would like you all to know that The Outfield is still (to this day) as important to both of them as when they first started putting the band together almost 30 years ago. A big 'thanks' to everyone who still remains loyal to the band and it's music. We intend to keep writing and recording new material throughout 2006 (and beyond).

We will keep you all updated as soon as we have any further information about any future shows.

Have a great summer,

John and Tony.
7 Wishes
Stereo LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Tue May 22, 2007 11:52 pm

There is a new Loverboy coming out soon, right?

el 'bato had a new song up a while ago.

Watched a little set from them on OnDemand the other night, they sounded great. Can't get over the pipes Mike Reno's still sporting.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Blueskies » Wed May 23, 2007 5:50 am

Shania wrote:

The Outfield are great.They have a few old songs that I still love listening to and I have to say that the new album was such a nice surprise!They're still good!

Too bad there's not really much info on them out there.
They have a Myspace,but it's not what I expected.

http://www.myspace.com/therealoutfield

The official site might give you a better idea on what they do.

http://www.theoutfield.com/
Wow! Thanks for the link! Thats great to get that whole album ...and for free! :D
Blueskies
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Slickone » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:49 am

Does anyone know what date and where the live album was recorded that The Outfield offers for free on the website ("The Outfield Live")? It was put up there 12/27/05

Also does anyone know how to get the original 17 track web release version of Any Time Now (vs. the 12 track Sidewinder Records version).

I can't find an Outfield discussion group/forum anywhere. Anyone know of one?
Slickone
Radio Waves

Postby timmyd » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:20 am

the new loverboy Is out and its fantastic! Great melodic roke,Reno sounds great! the songs are good with good hooks and chorus's........
timmyd
Fresh Air

Postby RockInDetroit » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 am

Loverboy information is readily available on this site just do a search on loverboy. They are still active and haven't stopped in years. The new cd is great.

As for the Outfield. Things have been quite on that front. I too am worried that John Spinks is not doing very well.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby RockInDetroit » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:05 am

Loverboy information is readily available on this site just do a search on loverboy. They are still active and haven't stopped in years. The new cd is great.

As for the Outfield. Things have been quite on that front. I too am worried that John Spinks is not doing very well.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby RockInDetroit » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:08 am

RockInDetroit
LP

Postby Uno_up » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:37 am

This has beeen up for a month now at their site...things sound encouraging to say the least...a new release this year and a possible tour!!!

Update: 12/23/07
Hi Everyone... Happy Christmas !!!
Thank you all so much for your continued support and kind messages throughout the past year.
2007 has passed by so quickly. Over the past 6 months I / we have started working with Nettwerk One Music who also represent Avril Lavigne and Sarah McLachlan. Prior to that we had been recording new material (basically just for fun) with no set agenda but as time moved forward, it was obvious that a new set of Outfield songs had started to take shape. Having spoken at length with the guys (at Nettwerk) regarding the possibilities of a new Outfield CD, they are enthusiastic and supportive of the idea and we are now working closely with them in developing the content of the material being chosen for release sometime in 2008. Our booking agents have also been in constant contact with us explaining that promoters are looking to book The Outfield for live shows next year. If all goes to plan, we hope to be playing selected dates to promote the release of the new CD.
We’ve noticed a multitude of acts and singers on Youtube and Myspace who continue to sing Outfield songs (especially Your Love). A Big thank you to all the guys who have taken the time to record these unique video’s.
The Outfield website is also being updated in 2008 and Danny is at present working on a full blown inter active bio of the band that will include lots of un seen photo’s taken from our personal collections. Hopefully these new images will fill in a few of the missing gaps that we are continually asked about regarding Outfield history and trivia.
Tony and I will also do our best to keep everyone up to date with regular news bites about what’s going on with the Band as we get closer to finishing the album.
As for now, have a great Christmas and we look forward to seeing you all real soon.
Love and Peace,
John and Tony.
Uno_up
Cassette Tape

Return to MR Site Updates, Forum News & Requests