Thunderground (what a shame)

Whatever forum news there might be...see here...and suggest any new forums.

Moderator: Andrew

Thunderground (what a shame)

Postby ShootingStar07 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:29 am

I was really looking forward to Thunderground and thought that there would be a big market to see the new rising stars of AOR. It seems like I was wrong. It is a great shame as now I have nothing to do next week. Well I suppose I will ahve to play my Journey and boston albums back to back.
ShootingStar07
Radio Waves

Re: Thunderground (what a shame)

Postby Little Lenny » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:33 pm

ShootingStar07 wrote:I was really looking forward to Thunderground and thought that there would be a big market to see the new rising stars of AOR. It seems like I was wrong. It is a great shame as now I have nothing to do next week. Well I suppose I will ahve to play my Journey and boston albums back to back.

No you're not wrong there are some that would love to see a line up like this I love Wig Wam I think they're great but, it's just a sad fact that the Thunderground festival wasn't confirmed until April time this year, in the uk anyway. And by that time the vast majority of people had already committed to other festivals, gigs, rallies etc. The thing is we all only have so much money in our lives, those of us that aren't living like the landed gentry to put aside for such things. The rest of the time we have other commitments such as work, home and families which need money too. People can't just go to every single festival, and it's a sad thing, but also one of those things that happens.
Will you be going to Firefest in October at Nottingham Rock City? :)
Little Lenny
8 Track

Postby Little Lenny » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:37 am

Wigwam will be playing next week after all, at the nottingham rescue rooms...with dante fox as support act, I belive the tickets are £15 in advance you can check the deatils out on

http://www.arfm.co.uk

the news section
Little Lenny
8 Track

Postby ShootingStar07 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:28 am

Little Lenny wrote:
ShootingStar07 wrote:I was really looking forward to Thunderground .

People can't just go to every single festival, and it's a sad thing, but also one of those things that happens.

I have to agree I thought that four months was to little time to make a real success of TG. Also I would have liked it if L&D productions has started somewhere a little smaller first and then worked their way up. I am definitely going to Firefest as I have been to all the other ones. The chance to see Jorn and Harem Scarem has proved to much for me.
ShootingStar07
Radio Waves

Postby ShootingStar07 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:33 am

Little Lenny wrote:Wigwam will be playing next week after all, at the nottingham rescue rooms...with dante fox as support act, I belive the tickets are £15 in advance you can check the deatils out on

http://www.arfm.co.uk

the news section

I live in London so the main things to tempt me to Nottingham would have been the chance to see the Poodles (their new album rocks) again, Brother Firetribe and the mighty Wigwam. Seeing Wigwam by themselves is not as much of a pull as seeing the above three bands. I wish them all the success in the world.
ShootingStar07
Radio Waves

Postby Little Lenny » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:05 pm

ShootingStar07 wrote:
Little Lenny wrote:
ShootingStar07 wrote:I was really looking forward to Thunderground .

People can't just go to every single festival, and it's a sad thing, but also one of those things that happens.

I have to agree I thought that four months was to little time to make a real success of TG. Also I would have liked it if L&D productions has started somewhere a little smaller first and then worked their way up. I am definitely going to Firefest as I have been to all the other ones. The chance to see Jorn and Harem Scarem has proved to much for me.
can't wait t see Jorn and Harem Scarem myself, especially since this is going to be H.S's last ever show :( They're a great band too...but that's usually the way with things isn't it. This will be my first Firefest, but not my partner Shaggy's. :)
Little Lenny
8 Track

Postby stevieboy69 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:43 pm

Well - there's always "Rock of Ages Fest" - Wolfsbane, Girlschool, New Generation Superstars, Blaze Bayley, Stairway, Sacred Heart, Dante Fox, The Satin Dolls, Rock$tar and many more - £20 for a day, £35 for the weekend - profits to charity.

Tickets available from the Tamworth Tourist Information Centre & www.ticketweb.co.uk subject to booking fee

Regards
Steve
stevieboy69
Fresh Air

Postby Little Lenny » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:11 pm

Of course, see there's something happening nearly all the time :D
Little Lenny
8 Track

Return to MR Site Updates, Forum News & Requests