Request: Ignore Mod (Ability to block/ignore username(s))

Whatever forum news there might be...see here...and suggest any new forums.

Moderator: Andrew

Request: Ignore Mod (Ability to block/ignore username(s))

Postby texafana » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:15 pm

With so many personal attacks, fkyous, name calling, etc, it would be great if we could click on a username, block/ignore the user so we never have to read their posts again. Any posts by flagged users would simply never show up on the forum. There may already be a forum "mod" you can add to the forum software to do this. (pausing to search....) Found a couple. ;)

http://www.crescendo.net/software/phpbb-ignore/

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... e+user+mod
texafana
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:41 pm

Will look into this and will also add that personal attacks and general riff-raff comments are not accepted and this week seems to be going much better after cracking down on this.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby texafana » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:40 am

"Any posts by flagged users would simply never show up on the forum."

I just wanted to be clear....

"Any posts by flagged users would simply never show up on the forum (for the user who added them to their block list)."

Thanks for considering it. I think the forum is awesome, I love the heated debates, etc, but after a few fkyous, dkheads,blowmes, etc, it would be nice to just click on a button and make it all go away. ;)
texafana
Cassette Tape

Postby Behshad » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:34 am

There already is a button for you , in case you feel the heat is too much to handle :lol: 8) :wink:

Behshad
MP3

Postby Liam » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:04 am

Behshad wrote:There already is a button for you , in case you feel the heat is too much to handle :lol: 8) :wink:

LMAO. NICE, bro. :lol:
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby texafana » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:49 am

Hence my request for this feature. :roll:
texafana
Cassette Tape

Postby Behshad » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:57 pm

texafana wrote:Hence my request for this feature. :roll:

So youre tellin me that , instead of ignoring my post above(which was nothing but HUMOR,look into it) and move on, you'd rather have a button to do it for you!?
Dude, you seriously need to chill out. You can not expect this place to turn into your every day boring forum. You can not get pissed when someone jokes with you. And you certainly can not expect everyone to agree with you.
I understand if you have some problems with some people (including myself) here, but is it to the point where you simply can not be in control of what you can and can not read here? Is it THAT hard for you to fight the curiousity to read what some overgrown juveniles post towards you?
Isnt it just easier to scroll down and skip posts by those who are in your black list? And when would this end? Cause Im sure if Andrew would give you a shiny ignore button , next you would ask him to put a adult-filter on this site so any big bad words turn into **** and ********* .
I know youre still fairly new to this place, but I hope in time you will realize that we all come here to have fun. We're not here to hate people. We're here to mainly discuss what has brought us all here, MUSIC!
Sure, we all do get pissed here and there,, and some express it more often than others,,, but at the end of the day, if you look back, you will laugh about the fact that you actually were so pissed that you wish you had an ignore button !
You can not expect this forum to be perfect. But as long as we all contribute, this forum is damn near to be a perfect one.Just remember one thing.,.. you can not hold a grudge against people forever,,, life is too short !!!

* Not that its any of my business, but just out of curiousity, I do wonder if you actually have a ignore button you use in real life, when someone pisses you off :roll: :)

*I cant belive you said hence!
Behshad
MP3

Postby texafana » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:39 am

"Isnt it just easier to scroll down and skip posts by those who are in your black list?"

No. Scrolling over fkyous, immature bs, personal attacks, is something the end user browsing this forum should not have to do. If the mods won't take the time to install word filters or crack down on the bs, they should at least give users the ability to ignore users so their drival doesn't even show up. This has nothing to do with my personal feelings toward anyone. I come here to read, debate music in a mature manner, I don't come here looking to send fkyous, bs, personal attacks to other users, and I sure as hell don't feel like reading it from other users.

Please install the button, it won't affect your forum at all. And for those that like posting fkyous, personal attacks, etc, the ignore mod doesn't stop your post(s) from being seen from everyone, just the person who wants to ignore you. ;)
texafana
Cassette Tape

Postby texafana » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:42 am

"Not that its any of my business, but just out of curiousity, I do wonder if you actually have a ignore button you use in real life, when someone pisses you off.."

Ofcourse. When I was younger I didn't, and it landed me in a few places I'm not proud of. But life's too short to get pissed off and cause conflict, ignoring the bs is alot easier. ;)
texafana
Cassette Tape

Postby Behshad » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:51 am

texafana wrote:"Isnt it just easier to scroll down and skip posts by those who are in your black list?"

No. Scrolling over fkyous, immature bs, personal attacks, is something the end user browsing this forum should not have to do. If the mods won't take the time to install word filters or crack down on the bs, they should at least give users the ability to ignore users so their drival doesn't even show up. This has nothing to do with my personal feelings toward anyone. I come here to read, debate music in a mature manner, I don't come here looking to send fkyous, bs, personal attacks to other users, and I sure as hell don't feel like reading it from other users.

Please install the button, it won't affect your forum at all. And for those that like posting fkyous, personal attacks, etc, the ignore mod doesn't stop your post(s) from being seen from everyone, just the person who wants to ignore you. ;)

It still doesnt make sense. If you dont wanna read something, just dont read it. if you the name of the poster, then you just go to the next post/topic.
Also, what kind of personal attacks did you experience above that desperatley required an ignore button? :roll:

Oh and nice try with the jailbaird-wannabe comment, so youd come across tougher,,,,, didnt work tho :) :lol:
Behshad
MP3

Postby texafana » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:58 am

"Also, what kind of personal attacks did you experience above that desperatley required an ignore button?"

You're not getting the point, there are tons of personal attacks, fkyous, personal name calling on this forum, I don't want to read any of it, targeted at me or anyone else. There's a select dirty dozen that seem to enjoy this kind of bs on the forum, why should others have to be exposed to it? And a blanket statement like "just don't read it" doesn't cut it when all of a sudden someone from the dirty dozen shows up in a good discussion and starts with all the bs.

And btw, why do you think this is such a dramatic thing to add to the forum? The only people this will affect are the ones looking to clutter up the forum with drival?

"Oh and nice try with the jailbaird-wannabe comment, so youd come across tougher,,,,, didnt work tho"

Dude...at my age my toughness left years ago. ;)
texafana
Cassette Tape

Return to MR Site Updates, Forum News & Requests