Problem with melodicrock phpBB board: Scrolling problems

Whatever forum news there might be...see here...and suggest any new forums.

Moderator: Andrew

Problem with melodicrock phpBB board: Scrolling problems

Postby Jonny B » Fri May 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Hey Andrew,

Not sure if other people have encountered this problem, but the scroller on the textbox which I'm typing in seems to be glitchy. If I'm typing a post, and I make said post longer than the textbox allows, the scroller appears, but for some reason, the scroller always defaults to the exact middle of the message. If I scroll up or down, or click the mouse to the text lower than the middle, it moves my cursor and the scrollbar back to the middle, and sometimes backl to the top. It's making it difficult to type longer posts when I can't see what I'm typing or deleting. So that said, is this a recurring problem with other people who use this phpBB forum, or am I the only one experiencing this problem?

Regards,
JB
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby jrnyman28 » Sat May 09, 2009 2:06 am

I haven't experienced a problem like that yet. But I would recommend using word or notepad to construct longer posts and then C&P the post here. That way a board glitch won't wipe out an entire post. I had that problem a lot when the Boards were erroring all the time before Drew upgraded.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Re: Problem with melodicrock phpBB board: Scrolling problems

Postby Blueskies » Sat May 09, 2009 3:20 am

Jonny B wrote:Hey Andrew,

Not sure if other people have encountered this problem, but the scroller on the textbox which I'm typing in seems to be glitchy. If I'm typing a post, and I make said post longer than the textbox allows, the scroller appears, but for some reason, the scroller always defaults to the exact middle of the message. If I scroll up or down, or click the mouse to the text lower than the middle, it moves my cursor and the scrollbar back to the middle, and sometimes backl to the top. It's making it difficult to type longer posts when I can't see what I'm typing or deleting. So that said, is this a recurring problem with other people who use this phpBB forum, or am I the only one experiencing this problem?

Regards,
JB
Yes, I've encountered the same thing.
Blueskies
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Jonny B » Sat May 09, 2009 9:42 am

jrnyman28 wrote:I haven't experienced a problem like that yet. But I would recommend using word or notepad to construct longer posts and then C&P the post here. That way a board glitch won't wipe out an entire post. I had that problem a lot when the Boards were erroring all the time before Drew upgraded.

This is what I've been doing. I appreciate the temp solution, however. 8)
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
Jonny B
8 Track

Return to MR Site Updates, Forum News & Requests