Luke talks 40th anniversary and future...

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Luke talks 40th anniversary and future...

Postby WalrusOct9 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:09 am

tj wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:A new greatest hits with 2 or more brand new songs is what I'm expecting we'll get for the 40th. That's fine with me! :D

Maybe something like the Eagle's Hell Freezes Over. Old hits reworked (loved the Hotel California version) and a few new songs.

If they stuck to lesser-known tunes, that could be interesting. I'd love to hear the current band's take on some old songs that maybe didn't get the best treatment the first time around. There's definitely a handful that could've rocked a lot harder, but didn't for whatever reason.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby r@y » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:07 am

Saw tweet from Luke saying new album will be out circa early 2018 on Sony. They're going to be working with Elliott Scheiner and will have raw unEQ cuts, mainly from the first 3 albums, and new songs.
In the land of the pigs, the butcher is King..!
r@y
LP

Postby r@y » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:46 am

Holy shit......5...FIVE unfinished basic tracks with Jeff and Mike from the 80s that Toto is finishing for the 40th anniversary album !

Am I the only going ape shit over this news ??? Haha.

Ray
In the land of the pigs, the butcher is King..!
r@y
LP

Postby brandonx76 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:19 am

r@y wrote:Holy shit......5...FIVE unfinished basic tracks with Jeff and Mike from the 80s that Toto is finishing for the 40th anniversary album !

Am I the only going ape shit over this news ??? Haha.

Ray

Heh - yeah I saw those too, pretty cool! Although I'm not sure if they would be on the new album or part of the remastered re-issues (spread out over different albums) Good year to be a Toto fan , although I'd wager we won't see the new album until 2018...

And if we can get some of the unreleased material from KOD (On the Run, and another track), that would be really cool too..
brandonx76
Cassette Tape

Postby WalrusOct9 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:57 am

From the wording on various posts/tweets, it sounds like there's going to be a new album, probably a "Toto XX" style kind of thing, finishing unreleased/unfinished tracks, and a few newly written things. At least I hope this is the case. It'd be great if the catalog reissues had bonus tracks, but I don't think they'd go through this much effort just to finish bonus tracks and not release them as their own thing.

From the comments, Luke confirmed at least one of the tracks is going to have Sklar on bass, so that's cool.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:25 am

r@y wrote:Saw tweet from Luke saying new album will be out circa early 2018 on Sony. They're going to be working with Elliott Scheiner and will have raw unEQ cuts, mainly from the first 3 albums, and new songs.

Can't wait. How cool is it that Joseph will now have done 4 cds with the guys? His era was always a missed opportunity. Not anymore.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Previous

Return to Toto