Toto ALL IN... what a disaster!

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

Toto ALL IN... what a disaster!

Postby St.George » Sat May 12, 2018 10:05 pm

Hey guys...

Remember that lazy TOTO Box set that it was intended for ...well, TBH I keep wondering who was it intended for.

So far, there are no extra details about the box, no promos, no nothing... looks like nobody gives a f*ck about it. It was supposed to be on presale exclusively through their official website until April 10th. Well, it's May 12th and the box is still there, so it's pretty obvious it ain't selling. IMO this is because:

- It has zero interest for hardcore fans, since it's very pricey and it doesn't offer anything that they don't already have: no rare concerts, demos, early takes, documentaries, merch and whatnot...

- It has zero interest for normal fans, since it's very pricey and they're not going to spend that much in records that they already have. But on top of it all, the box comes in a stupid double CD+LP package, increasing unnecesarily their retail price

- It has zero interest for new fans/millenials since they're not going to spend 500$/420€ in a band they're still discovering. It's easier/cheaper to listen to them on Spotify or any other online platforms.

- Hell, not even the admins of some of their FB groups are going to buy this thing, basically for many of the reasons explained above.

So who's this box intended for? Who was the "brilliant" team that was in charge of it? It's a real pity that it came this way...
St.George
Ol' 78

Re: Toto ALL IN... what a disaster!

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun May 13, 2018 1:03 am

Personally, I'm waiting to buy many of the albums when they are sold individually.
I also think the title, "Old is New", sounds like it was cooked up by a Sony suit. Uninspired.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby WalrusOct9 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:54 am

A set of unreleased/vault/live material would've generated a lot more interest, I think.

The first seven albums are easily available on vinyl (and all sound really, really nice), so I'm not sure how much interest there is in reissued LP's of those. I'm sure a lot of fans are waiting for individual titles, to pick up the 90's stuff.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby artinis1 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:21 am

Did they ever post what the track list will be for the live cd?
artinis1
Ol' 78

Return to Toto