New Toto Album 2014

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

New Toto Album 2014

Postby Sundet » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:37 pm

There will be a new Toto album next year. You heard it here first.
Sundet
45 RPM

Re: New Toto Album 2014

Postby brandonx76 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:39 am

Sundet wrote:There will be a new Toto album next year. You heard it here first.

Lineup?
brandonx76
Cassette Tape

Postby r@y » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:11 pm

For real ???

Ray
In the land of the pigs, the butcher is King..!
r@y
LP

Postby Andrew » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:16 pm

Ray - fix your avatar please.

As fr speculation on a new Toto album at any point...just speculation folks.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby TotoStu » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:39 am

Where did you get this info from dude?
TotoStu
Ol' 78

Postby Andrew » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:54 am

ChickenStu wrote:

Speculation.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Irwin M Fletcher » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:52 pm

Would be nice but FALLING IN BETWEEN would be a hard album to top i feel, it was just fantastic from start to finish :)
...And the cradle will rock...
Irwin M Fletcher
45 RPM

Postby TotoStu » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:33 pm

Deleted
Last edited by TotoStu on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
TotoStu
Ol' 78

Postby Irwin M Fletcher » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:07 pm

ChickenStu wrote:
Irwin M Fletcher wrote:Would be nice but FALLING IN BETWEEN would be a hard album to top i feel, it was just fantastic from start to finish :)

Yeah, I love FIB. But that wasn't really a classic Toto lineup. As far as I'm aware - aside from a guest appearance from Williams - Kimball and Lukather were the only original members of the band! Now that the band has Paich and Porcaro back full time I personally would love to hear some new material. Kimball not being with them will always be a bit of a sore point for me - but that doesn't mean a new album needs to be a repeat of Farenheit or The Seventh One.

If they could continue the hard rock trajectory of FIB - I think it would be interesting to hear Williams belt out some hard rock monsters. Hopefully by then (and I know this is very wishful thinking) they could make peace with Kimball and have him guest on a track the way the had Williams guest on a track on FIB. [/b]

Actually it was the classic lineup....well as classic as it can be without Jeff Porcaro. The album had STEVE LUKATHER, DAVID PAICH, BOBBY KIMBALL, MIKE PORCARO, SIMON PHILLIPS and GREG PHILLINGANES as well as STEVE PORCARO on 7 songs and JOSEPH WILLIAMS on 1 song....so its prob more classic than most TOTO albums. 8 members in total on the 1 album is rare! I think your gettin mixed up because PAICH didn't do the FIB tour due to personal reasons and MIKE started the tour but then had to leave due to his poor health and LELAND SKLAR filled in for him...so sad. But at least they all did get back together. Peace.
...And the cradle will rock...
Irwin M Fletcher
45 RPM

Postby DracIsBack » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:38 am

ChickenStu wrote:
Irwin M Fletcher wrote:Would be nice but FALLING IN BETWEEN would be a hard album to top i feel, it was just fantastic from start to finish :)

Yeah, I love FIB. But that wasn't really a classic Toto lineup.

Seems as classic as you can get to me. Even more 'classic' than the previous couple of Toto albums.

- Lead Vocals: Luke, Bobby, David, Greg
- Background Vocals: Joe and Greg
- Guitar: Luke
- Keys: David, Greg, Luke and Steve Porcaro
- Bass: Mike
- Drums: Simon
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby TotoStu » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:15 am

Deleted
Last edited by TotoStu on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
TotoStu
Ol' 78

Postby DracIsBack » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:26 am

ChickenStu wrote:but I didn't realise Paich WAS. I thought Phillinganes had replaced him.

Phillinganes is actually in the band photo with Paich on the album! :-) They both sing on it and they even write together. For example, Let It Go is written by all six guys!
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby TotoStu » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:03 am

DracIsBack wrote:Phillinganes is actually in the band photo with Paich on the album! :-) They both sing on it and they even write together. For example, Let It Go is written by all six guys!

I don't really look at the little booklets that come with CDs.
TotoStu
Ol' 78

Postby St.George » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:16 pm

Andrew wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Speculation.

Well Andrew,

Apparently it's been confirmed by Steve Lukather in a recent interview with a Norweegian magazine:

http://touch.moss-avis.no/kultur/superg ... -1.7814258

For those who doesn't read Norweegian, use google translate.
St.George
Ol' 78

Postby r@y » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:02 am

St.George wrote:
Andrew wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Speculation.

Well Andrew,

Apparently it's been confirmed by Steve Lukather in a recent interview with a Norweegian magazine:

http://touch.moss-avis.no/kultur/superg ... -1.7814258

For those who doesn't read Norweegian, use google translate.

Well I'll be......

Ray
r@y
LP

Postby r@y » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:04 am

Norweigian translation :

This summer, specifically 29 June, playing super group concert in Moss, in the old industrial area to the Peterson factory.

This winter, the band also release a new album. It confirmed the guitarist and frontman Steve Lukather (pictured) to Moss Avis, when we met him in Oslo this weekend.

The band has not released new material since 2006, so the news will surely delight Toto's large fan base worldwide.

- We just received the offer and have decided to do it. I never thought it would happen, but in 2014 there will be new material Toto, Lukather says
r@y
LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:23 am

I'd love some clarification on this. If "Bottom of Your Soul" is any indication of a new Williams album, we are in for a classic. I still listen to FIB from time to time.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby DracIsBack » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:08 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I'd love some clarification on this. If "Bottom of Your Soul" is any indication of a new Williams album, we are in for a classic. I still listen to FIB from time to time.

I really liked that album too. Much more than Mindfields or Through the Looking Glass actually.
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:19 am

I like alot of it. "Spiritual Man" and "No End in Sight" are the only real duds, but even they have some interesting thing going on.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby WalrusOct9 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:44 pm

IMO, Falling In Between was the most consistent start-to-finish Toto album since The Seventh One.

If this is true, this would be the best news I've heard in a long, long time.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby Sundet » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Andrew wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Speculation.

No. Lukather said as much in Oslo two weeks ago and now also to the press (see above). And please, before simply shrugging something off as "speculation" do at least ask for a source or link.
Sundet
45 RPM

Postby brandonx76 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:10 pm

Hey, I really hope they do, and it gets released...but I'll believe it when it sees the light of day
brandonx76
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:16 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I'd love some clarification on this. If "Bottom of Your Soul" is any indication of a new Williams album, we are in for a classic. I still listen to FIB from time to time.

Brillaint album and still massive fan of it. And Spiritual Man is AWESOME!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:17 pm

Sundet wrote:No. Lukather said as much in Oslo two weeks ago and now also to the press (see above). And please, before simply shrugging something off as "speculation" do at least ask for a source or link.

Just adding to the fun...

I know exactly what the situation is.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:17 pm

Luke is pretty prolific on Twitter and social media...why doesnt he throw his US fans a bone. A new TOTO cd deserves a proper press release.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Andrew » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:47 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Luke is pretty prolific on Twitter and social media...why doesnt he throw his US fans a bone. A new TOTO cd deserves a proper press release.

I'm sure some things are said off the record or behind the scenes before anything is actual official fact. News will come in due course if that's the way things will go. One certainly hopes so.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:46 am

Andrew wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:Luke is pretty prolific on Twitter and social media...why doesnt he throw his US fans a bone. A new TOTO cd deserves a proper press release.

I'm sure some things are said off the record or behind the scenes before anything is actual official fact. News will come in due course if that's the way things will go. One certainly hopes so.

That's not a denial! I'll take it.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Re:

Postby WalrusOct9 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:28 am

Andrew wrote:

IMO it's best to wait until an album is underway before 'officially' announcing it. Who knows if the magic will still be there or the material up to par? I want a new Toto album more than anything, but I also hope they take their time and make something special rather than forcing it.

But the important thing is that the legal hurdles appear to be out of the way.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby TotoStu » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:49 am

Deleted
Last edited by TotoStu on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
TotoStu
Ol' 78

Postby WalrusOct9 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:53 am

ChickenStu wrote:I think they should call it Toto XIII or The Thirteenth One. I know it ain't particularly original but it keeps with a theme. I just hope they bury the hatchet with Kimball and allow him to guest on a right ROCKER for it. Before you all jump on me for that, YES. I know it'll never happen - but one can dream.

Seeing as how it could easily be the last Toto album, it'd be cool to have a track with all three singers guesting, kinda like Joseph's solo version of "Goin' Home." Probably won't happen, but then again, I think serious Toto fans are listening to the music more because of the players than the singers.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Next

Return to Toto