Books on Toto?

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

Books on Toto?

Postby Dublinproud » Tue May 26, 2015 4:55 am

Hey guys,
Just wondered are there any books available on the band?
Any of the guys write an autobiography i may have missed?
I've done a search online and found nothing. Find it strange there's not one book out there when the band has been going for so long!
Any help would be appreciated.
Dublinproud
Fresh Air

Re: Books on Toto?

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed May 27, 2015 11:12 pm

Dublinproud wrote:Hey guys,
Just wondered are there any books available on the band?
Any of the guys write an autobiography i may have missed?
I've done a search online and found nothing. Find it strange there's not one book out there when the band has been going for so long!
Any help would be appreciated.

Luke spoke awhile back about writing an autobiography, but those plans have been put on hold. There is a documentary film about the Porcaro family that is currently in production (link below). Beyond that, most archival material has been behind-the-scenes concert footage. Andrew wrote the liner notes to the Poland dvd. So maybe someday he will write the definitive TOTO book!

https://www.facebook.com/porcarofilm
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby WalrusOct9 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:06 am

I hope Luke gets around to it one day, it'd be a fantastic read. Especially since I imagine the older he gets, the fewer f@#ks he gives about who he might offend by telling the true stories about what went down.

I'd love a definitive book on the band, but not sure who would be qualified to write it. No offense to Andrew, but I think he's a bit too close to a few of the band members to write a nonbiased read. I'd love something like the Beatles Anthology or that Genesis book, a kind of coffee-table thing told in the band's own words, rather than someone trying to write an objective bio.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby Dublinproud » Thu May 28, 2015 5:57 am

Cheers for the info Noble!
Crazy to think all these years there's not a decent book to read about the history of the band!
Dublinproud
Fresh Air

Postby DracIsBack » Thu May 28, 2015 12:27 pm

WalrusOct9 wrote:I hope Luke gets around to it one day, it'd be a fantastic read. Especially since I imagine the older he gets, the fewer f@#ks he gives about who he might offend by telling the true stories about what went down.

Plus he's got an incredible memory for detail and has got to be one of the funniest people in rock and roll.
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby Sundet » Thu May 28, 2015 6:49 pm

I think Lukather stated quite clearly at one point that he wouldn't offend anyone or provide the really juicy stories in the book.
Sundet
Ol' 78

Postby WalrusOct9 » Fri May 29, 2015 1:09 am

Sundet wrote:I think Lukather stated quite clearly at one point that he wouldn't offend anyone or provide the really juicy stories in the book.

Yeah. But I hope if this ever comes to fruition, he can write honestly about things that happened without it being salicious, if that's possible. Biographies without a bit of a dark side generally aren't very interesting.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Return to Toto