Hungate Out !

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

Hungate Out !

Postby JohnH » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:44 pm

Kind of figured this would happen. He just posted it on FB:

FYI--
An old friend of the original Toto said it best...
“There's no place like home,”
.... particularly after 4 months on the road.
Just finished the 2015 tour. The past 2 years reunion with Toto has been one of the sweetest experiences, and greatest honors of my life. All good things must come to an end however. I no longer have the stamina and resilience required for extended touring, and I do need to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Much gratitude to the fans and friends who have supported the band over the years, and to my brothers in Toto... I can never thank you adequately for the music, the laughs and the friendship going back 40 years. Love and happy trails to you all.
JohnH
8 Track

Re: Hungate Out !

Postby JohnH » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:46 pm

I'd love to see Nathan East back. Saw that lineup in 2012 and just caught some of the Toto DVD. Nate just brings it.
JohnH
8 Track

Postby WalrusOct9 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:00 am

Bummer. I really enjoyed seeing him with the band this year. I always figured he got off the road originally because he had kids (they both live here and are super nice and really talented musicians), but now that his kids are grown and married and all that, I was hoping maybe he'd be back in the band for good.

Clapton seems to be winding down his touring, so East coming back isn't terribly farfetched. Not sure what Sklar is up to these days.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:51 pm

I believe Hungate said he would go out with the guys and then hang up his bass. So I never expected it to be a long term gig. Both East and Sklar are the shit.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:22 pm

Too bad. He was so friendly (albeit very soft-spoken) at the meet and greet last month. Glad I got to see him once with the band. Incredible player.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby Sundet » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:35 pm

A legend. I never thought I'd see him back with the band in the first place, so I'm happy I got the chance to see a couple of gigs with him.

I wonder who they'll bring in the for the January 2016 tour. My bet is on Sklar or East. Or maybe Tal Wilkenfeld?
Sundet
Ol' 78

Postby DracIsBack » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:28 pm

Glad to have seen him back with them twice.

He actually went longer than I expected, with two full tours when the original plan was one ... and he played on XIV.
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby JohnH » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:21 am

Lee Sklar is back.
JohnH
8 Track

Return to Toto