2017 Summer US Tour - Post Set List Here

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

Re: 2017 Summer US Tour - Post Set List Here

Postby Ehwmatt » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:44 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:FB update from Luke....


Hey guys! My computer has been acting up on tour.. its old like me. hahaha I will be getting a new one when I get home . for SOME weird reason I can read and now write r here but I cant reply to anyone on a thread. maybe its Gods way of saying. " dont do it bro' haha I need to clarify a misunderstanding about something. Internet is so full of shit sometimes It is hard to keep up with... #1. The reason WHY Hold the line is tuned down a 1/2 step this tour is NOT cause of Joe but because I did not want to change guitar after the first song! Joe has never sung better and listen to Great Expectations live if you think Joe does not bring it. Its REAL not fake and he is the best LIVE singer this band has ever had .. my fave. #2 . Bobby and I are cool. We hugged at the NAMM show last Jan and all is well and I wish him all the success for his new record and for his life. I wish to stop internet rumors. I cant stop haters. They are what the are.. We are having so much fun and we only had 3 rehearsals with 2 new guys and its out 6th show tonight . The new guys Shem and Warren are really doing a fantastic job and there is SO much new stuff and mew music , my book, world tours playing places me wissed over the upcoming next few years. We try our best every night and yeah.. we make mistakes I DO.. we are human and its not a ' dance to the pro tools' tour. We want to thank everyone for coming to see us and making this one of the best USA tours ever as we are doing better business than ever worldwide. Things are on the UP not down. We are very excited about our new SONY record and all of the REAL re -masters and thank you all for the support. I am sorry we cant play everyone s fave tune.. there are too many. I CAN say that next year for there 40th we are gonna do ' The history of Toto' tour with film and all.. and we are going to play stuff of every record.. REALLY trying to do some stuff we have never done live and we will come back and do a ' fan request of deep suits' in a fee months to get YOUR input nd ideas. Obviously we can play all 250 of our songs in one night and with a huge production we plan on bringing next year.. it has to be more rehersed to work. There will be some jamming and we dont fake it up there cause.. not one is coning see how my ass looks in the jeans ya know. hahaha I was also in an tour bus accident last year that fucked my left shoulder and I live in 24 hour pain and NO operation can help me. I have been to 5 specialists in LA etc.. I cant risk losing my left hand with a botched operation! I can play .. assuming you ever thought I could haha... but I am playing less and with more taste then ever as I just CANT 'shred' as the muscles wont allow it .. and really .. I play better when I think less, play a little less and just enjoy the night. BUT the good news is that the speed wars are over. I am NOT in competition with anyone. There is a 5 year old kid that plays faster than anyone but cant play in time with a band. haha I am becoming a more mature player and the accident has caused me to play more methodically rather than default ' fast lick' due to whatever reason.. There are a million guys better than me and that is REALLY ok with me!! I have a 40 year career and I am most grateful for that! I am a fan of great guitar players too. I am just grateful to still be able to play and tour and make music with my brothers. Things are going great and we are having fun. Thank you'll for the support and I hope this clears any bullshit up. Thanks for listening.
Your friend.
Luke xx

PS Dont feel bad for me on the shoulder accident. If thats the worst thing I get in this life thats ok. It aint cancer. I have lost 54 friends in the last 2 years. 2 of my very best... as one gets older and lives thru this.. you get a different viewpoint. Thanks for the good vibe from you all and I am more than fine. Blessed is the word! Oh and sorry for any mis pulled stuff. I am in a hurry and type fast. hahaha


Damn, that's such shitty news about Luke's shoulder. No matter how copacetic he seems to be about it, that's some bullshit that his talent/physical ability has been impaired by a car accident. Unlike Neal, who's gotten a little out of control these days, Luke usually seems to shred tastefully and within reason (see, e.g., the solo in Holy War... somewhat shreddy in parts but a great piece of tasteful guitar work overall). Hope he can still pull some of that stuff off.
User avatar
Ehwmatt
MP3
 
Posts: 10845
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: 2017 Summer US Tour - Post Set List Here

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:02 am

Ehwmatt wrote:Damn, that's such shitty news about Luke's shoulder. No matter how copacetic he seems to be about it, that's some bullshit that his talent/physical ability has been impaired by a car accident. Unlike Neal, who's gotten a little out of control these days, Luke usually seems to shred tastefully and within reason (see, e.g., the solo in Holy War... somewhat shreddy in parts but a great piece of tasteful guitar work overall). Hope he can still pull some of that stuff off.


I did notice Luke shreddingslightly less. At times it seems like he's extending notes longer. If anything, it adds an even more more melodic sound to his playing. As for Neal.... his live sound lately is very messy. It's like he thinks he's Satriani or something. Should focus again on soul and feeling and phrasing. Those are all things that Luke is the reigning master of.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 12394
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: 2017 Summer US Tour - Post Set List Here

Postby TotoFan77 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:24 pm

Luke's paranoia and insecurity is on a whole other level. In every interview and post, this guy is always talking about accusations and criticisms from people that are simply not true. Luke, I know you're reading this right now, listen dude, you need to stop this paranoid bullshit, no one is criticizing you, no one is attacking you, no one is doubting your ability, and no one is shitting on the band, you need to chill the fuck out Luke and relax. Some random guy on the internet makes a remark and you think thousands of people are out to get you.
TotoFan77
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:51 am

Re: 2017 Summer US Tour - Post Set List Here

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:14 am

TotoFan77 wrote:Luke's paranoia and insecurity is on a whole other level. In every interview and post, this guy is always talking about accusations and criticisms from people that are simply not true. Luke, I know you're reading this right now, listen dude, you need to stop this paranoid bullshit, no one is criticizing you, no one is attacking you, no one is doubting your ability, and no one is shitting on the band, you need to chill the fuck out Luke and relax. Some random guy on the internet makes a remark and you think thousands of people are out to get you.


Too harsh. The reason TOTO is still around and still vital is because Luke actually cares.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 12394
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: 2017 Summer US Tour - Post Set List Here

Postby TotoFan77 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:14 am

It's not harsh at all, it's a compliment. I'm saying he has no reason to think like this.
TotoFan77
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:51 am

Re: 2017 Summer US Tour - Post Set List Here

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:27 pm

My 5th row tickets were actually more like 2nd or 3rd row tickets. It was at a historic theater, so you had a few rows of like folding lawn chairs and then the real seats began. I was in the real seats. I wanted to stand for the entire show, but most people only stood for Hold the Line etc. By the time of Africa, Luke implored the audience to rush up to the stage. It was a badass show. At one point, the roadie pulled the guitar off Luke and you could see it hit his shoulder and he winced. As someone who has been going to multiple chiros for 7 months to fix my shoulder, I could feel his pain. But he soldiered on. Funny as always and Red House was a tour de force. Paich spent a lot of time dancing. His belt buckle was open and dangling. Maybe he took a piss before the show. I dunno. Warren Ham and Schem fattened the sound in more ways than one. Whole show blew me away. I think many of the attendees only knew a handful of songs but by the end of the night they had all become die-hard converts. Great Expectations I didn't think would be pulled off live, but it did and it had everyone mesmerized. One of the best concerts I have ever seen - bar none. Long live TOTO.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 12394
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: 2017 Summer US Tour - Post Set List Here

Postby Dublinproud » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:44 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:My 5th row tickets were actually more like 2nd or 3rd row tickets. It was at a historic theater, so you had a few rows of like folding lawn chairs and then the real seats began. I was in the real seats. I wanted to stand for the entire show, but most people only stood for Hold the Line etc. By the time of Africa, Luke implored the audience to rush up to the stage. It was a badass show. At one point, the roadie pulled the guitar off Luke and you could see it hit his shoulder and he winced. As someone who has been going to multiple chiros for 7 months to fix my shoulder, I could feel his pain. But he soldiered on. Funny as always and Red House was a tour de force. Paich spent a lot of time dancing. His belt buckle was open and dangling. Maybe he took a piss before the show. I dunno. Warren Ham and Schem fattened the sound in more ways than one. Whole show blew me away. I think many of the attendees only knew a handful of songs but by the end of the night they had all become die-hard converts. Great Expectations I didn't think would be pulled off live, but it did and it had everyone mesmerized. One of the best concerts I have ever seen - bar none. Long live TOTO.


I don't usually contribute alot here just usually lurk but iI just wanted to say I love your posts in here. You're knowledge of everything Toto is incredible.

Fingers crossed I will be seeing this amazing band in April for only my second time. Sadly Toto don't come around these parts too often but I'm blessed to see them even once with my favourite Toto frontman too so no complaints here.

Anyways dude keep up the great posts I for one most certainly appreciate them!
Dublinproud
Fresh Air
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:28 pm

Re: 2017 Summer US Tour - Post Set List Here

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:02 pm

Dublinproud wrote:I don't usually contribute alot here just usually lurk but iI just wanted to say I love your posts in here. You're knowledge of everything Toto is incredible.

Fingers crossed I will be seeing this amazing band in April for only my second time. Sadly Toto don't come around these parts too often but I'm blessed to see them even once with my favourite Toto frontman too so no complaints here.

Anyways dude keep up the great posts I for one most certainly appreciate them!


Thanks. I really appreciate that. Tell Andrew to give me a raise! :wink:
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 12394
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: 2017 Summer US Tour - Post Set List Here

Postby TotoFan77 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:40 pm

Want to know a sad thing about Noble Cause?

Andrew went behind Noble Cause's back, gave Luke his e-mail address and Luke sent him a personal e-mail filled with attacks, profanity, and insults....all because Noble made a constructive criticism about something Toto related.

Andrew did the same thing to me. Luke sent me the most angry (and hilarious) over the top email filled with as much swearing as you would expect from Luke
TotoFan77
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:51 am

Re: 2017 Summer US Tour - Post Set List Here

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:45 am

TotoFan77 wrote:Want to know a sad thing about Noble Cause?

Andrew went behind Noble Cause's back, gave Luke his e-mail address and Luke sent him a personal e-mail filled with attacks, profanity, and insults....all because Noble made a constructive criticism about something Toto related.

Andrew did the same thing to me. Luke sent me the most angry (and hilarious) over the top email filled with as much swearing as you would expect from Luke


I partially disagree with this characterization. A lot of the stuff I was saying was out of line. Drew already had my personal email and I interviewed him for a project many years ago, so I was okay with it.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 12394
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: 2017 Summer US Tour - Post Set List Here

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:18 am

Another reason I'm proud to be a fan of this band. God bless this guy and his family.

https://www.chicagoreader.com/Bleader/a ... -last-date
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 12394
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: 2017 Summer US Tour - Post Set List Here

Postby Andrew » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:48 pm

TotoFan77 wrote:Want to know a sad thing about Noble Cause?

Andrew went behind Noble Cause's back, gave Luke his e-mail address and Luke sent him a personal e-mail filled with attacks, profanity, and insults....all because Noble made a constructive criticism about something Toto related.

Andrew did the same thing to me. Luke sent me the most angry (and hilarious) over the top email filled with as much swearing as you would expect from Luke


What a dick. Your reign as this board's resident asshat has come to an end. SEE YA!
User avatar
Andrew
Administrator
 
Posts: 9631
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:12 pm
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Re: 2017 Summer US Tour - Post Set List Here

Postby Marzdog » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:47 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Another reason I'm proud to be a fan of this band. God bless this guy and his family.

https://www.chicagoreader.com/Bleader/a ... -last-date

A little warning to grab a tissue box next time, TNC?

This is really cool. Wish that family peace as the days count down... #fuckcancer
Marzdog
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:05 am
Location: Beautiful Southern California

Previous

Return to Toto

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests