EDM / TOTO collaboration

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

EDM / TOTO collaboration

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:15 am

Fans who have seen the band live recently have heard this played before/after shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boYs0DhLVBI

Minor quibble - his name is spelled Lukather, not Lukarther. Wtf.

"It was incredible working with the full band in studio. I plugged my laptop into the protools session, as did Lukarther with his guitar & a few vocal mics. I’d play loops, chord progressions & beats & the guys would riff over the top. Lukarther even replayed one of my synth riffs on guitar which became the main hook in the chorus of the song. I walked away from that session with about 120 recordings of ideas & it took me about 3.5yrs & many revisits to fully realise the piece & pull it together."
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Re: EDM / TOTO collaboration

Postby Anymajordude » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:08 am

This is super for Toto. Finally getting some cred from the hipsters. They deserve it!
Anymajordude
Radio Waves

Re: EDM / TOTO collaboration

Postby tedpruitt » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:07 am

I’d play loops, chord progressions & beats & the guys would riff over the top. Lukarther even replayed one of my synth riffs on guitar which became the main hook in the chorus of the song.

Yes, Lukather actually PLAYED the riff that you cut and pasted into your Protools session, ugh - don't get a grouchy old musician started on today's "musicians"....

However, rant aside, it's a cool song, frankly, would have been a cool song without all of the cliché, EDM build-up beat BS inserted ...but, hey, that's me.
tedpruitt
Ol' 78

Return to Toto