Toto ALL IN... what a disaster!

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Toto ALL IN... what a disaster!

Postby St.George » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:56 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:As a fan, I should be happy that the new cd is prohibitively expensive? Can you relate to your readership anymore?

Agreed 100%. But don't voice it too much, or you'll be accused of moaning and whining and whatnot...

It is something very cool for diehard long time fans buying this amazing box.

Not true: sorry to say, but this is not for the diehard fans. Lots of diehard fans are really pissed off with this. You can read their comments in twitter and FB. When there's such an amount of fans angry with this release, there must be something right behind their rage, I reckon.

I stick to what I posted on my very first post: this is a release to milk some $$$ from their rich and obsessive fans, but IMO they don't take into account the whole and varied community of fans they have around the globe.
St.George
Ol' 78

Postby Andrew » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:03 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Can you relate to your readership anymore?

Can you be anymore of an asshole?

I have no doubt there will be individual CD releases at some point.

Meanwhile, pony up for the box set so you can read my amazing liner notes.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:04 pm

St.George wrote:Not true: sorry to say, but this is not for the diehard fans. Lots of diehard fans are really pissed off with this. You can read their comments in twitter and FB. When there's such an amount of fans angry with this release, there must be something right behind their rage, I reckon.

I haven't seen any. I must go and have a good search.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Andrew wrote:Can you be anymore of an asshole?

The role of a journalist is to stand up for the little guy. You can insult me (and other posters) all you want. You do it all the time now.

I will fondly look back on and remember the Andrew in the 90s who gave Minfields around a C -. I really looked up to that dude. Now, if somebody in this forum gave a TOTO cd that grade, you would probably insult them. You know it, I know it, and everybody reading this knows it.

If I win the lotto, I will let you know.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Andrew » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:37 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:The role of a journalist is to stand up for the little guy. You can insult me (and other posters) all you want. You do it all the time now.

I will fondly look back on and remember the Andrew in the 90s who gave Minfields around a C -. I really looked up to that dude. Now, if somebody in this forum gave a TOTO cd that grade, you would probably insult them. You know it, I know it, and everybody reading this knows it.

If I win the lotto, I will let you know.

I don't have any time for bullies and RWNJs....that's about it.

I like Mindfields...I gave it a good review. The covers album I disliked.

And no...I wouldn't.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby TotoStu » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:55 am

I was a tad bummed out when I heard that the CD only box wasn't going to come out. Even if I could afford the Deluxe box, I'd have no use for it anyway. Never been into vinyl.

I hope they do decide to release the CDs individually - or do a CD only box set one day. I'd have no problem buying that.

I hope it is on the cards eventually. Sounds like the boys put a lot of effort into remastering these albums. Surely all that blood sweat and tears wasn't just for the limited amount of people who could afford that box.

Off topic slightly... my daughter and I went to see the gang in London back in April.

FUCKING SENSATIONAL.

I understand there was talk about a CD/DVD of that tour... anyone got any word on that?

Andrew wrote: The covers album I disliked.

Am I the ONLY Toto fan who liked that? I honestly think I am!!! :lol:
TotoStu
Ol' 78

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:07 am

Andrew wrote:I don't have any time for bullies and RWNJs....that's about it.

It's apparent you don't have time for fans who engage in actual legit discussion about the band.
Otherwise, you wouldn't be so quick to call people names. Why is this forum even open?
Ehwmatt and St. John have already called you on it.

Andrew wrote:I like Mindfields...I gave it a good review. The covers album I disliked.

You gave Mindfields a C -.
But that's not even my point...
I love Mindfields.
My point is, back in the day, fans (and webmasters alike) used to be allowed to honestly discuss the band around here.

http://www.melodicrock.com/reviews_bak/ ... dfields.p3
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Andrew » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:33 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Andrew wrote:I don't have any time for bullies and RWNJs....that's about it.

It's apparent you don't have time for fans who engage in actual legit discussion about the band.
Otherwise, you wouldn't be so quick to call people names. Why is this forum even open?
Ehwmatt and St. John have already called you on it.

Andrew wrote:I like Mindfields...I gave it a good review. The covers album I disliked.

You gave Mindfields a C -.
But that's not even my point...
I love Mindfields.
My point is, back in the day, fans (and webmasters alike) used to be allowed to honestly discuss the band around here.

http://www.melodicrock.com/reviews_bak/ ... dfields.p3

I don’t rate in letters.
And you don’t like being challenged. Period. You used to be an intelligent debater with interesting views. Now I don’t enjoy conversing with you at all. So I won’t.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:06 am

Andrew wrote:I don’t rate in letters.

I provided the link to the MR review. You called it disappointing and gave it a 71% Where I'm from, that's a C-

And you don’t like being challenged. Period.

Drew, I refuse to engage in personal attacks with you. I hope the box set sells millions of copies and I hope you get some of the proceeds. Honestly.

You used to be an intelligent debater with interesting views. Now I don’t enjoy conversing with you at all. So I won’t.

It's entirely reasonable for fans to have sticker shock over the price of the box set and to be disappointed that they can't purchase the new cd. Even if you can't relate, that does not warrant name-calling.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby LtVanish » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:45 pm

I won't be surprised if all the remasters get released on their own in a couple of years with bonus tracks (Old Live Tracks and such), forcing people like me who bought the box set to have to buy all the albums yet again. It does seem to be a set up to a major money grab. I understand completely why fans would be upset. I wasn't thrilled shelling out all this money for this set, but I do like vinyl and looking forward to hearing KOTK, Tambu and Mindfields on Vinyl.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby St.George » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:03 pm

Andrew wrote:
St.George wrote:Not true: sorry to say, but this is not for the diehard fans. Lots of diehard fans are really pissed off with this. You can read their comments in twitter and FB. When there's such an amount of fans angry with this release, there must be something right behind their rage, I reckon.

I haven't seen any. I must go and have a good search.

All of these together in a row. And there are quite a few more below. Thank God they can't delete tweets... :roll:

https://imgur.com/a/aPM5QUN

There were a few more in their FB page, but there was a purge and they were deleted...

https://imgur.com/a/WX6R92Z

BTW, I'd swear that the guy talking on this one is YOU, isn't it? Are you sure you haven't seen any, little liar? :roll:
St.George
Ol' 78

Postby Andrew » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:08 pm

Fans will get the CD reissues as their own boxed collection at some stage.

Right now there’s 200 “All In” left and that’s the priority for now. There hasn’t been a lot of PR because they’ve been selling themselves.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby TotoStu » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:35 am

Andrew wrote:Fans will get the CD reissues as their own boxed collection at some stage.

Got any confirmation on that?
TotoStu
Ol' 78

Postby Andrew » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:06 pm

TotoStu wrote:
Andrew wrote:Fans will get the CD reissues as their own boxed collection at some stage.

Yes. It will happen.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:21 pm

Andrew wrote:
TotoStu wrote:

Yes. It will happen.

I'd gladly spend $150-$200 on that.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby St.George » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:53 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
I'd gladly spend $150-$200 on that.

Same here.
St.George
Ol' 78

Postby brandonx76 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:09 am

Got a confirmation its shipping today. 15lbs!!

Good thing I'm working from home currently - would be a tragedy of epic proportions if a porch pirate got this!!
brandonx76
Cassette Tape

Postby TotoStu » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:14 am

brandonx76 wrote:Got a confirmation its shipping today. 15lbs!!

Good thing I'm working from home currently - would be a tragedy of epic proportions if a porch pirate got this!!

Do this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHI3vqNo7sk
TotoStu
Ol' 78

Postby brandonx76 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:28 am

Anyone in US get an update on their shipping? Mine's been sitting at "label printed' since 11/27. Seems a little strange

Ok heard others are having a similar delay - not just me...I'll be patient...waited this long...Seems EU is getting these distributed a little sooner (Friend in Germany already has) cheers
Last edited by brandonx76 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
brandonx76
Cassette Tape

Postby TotoStu » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:42 am

Andrew wrote:
TotoStu wrote:

Yes. It will happen.

Can you say anything more? Come on Bro, I seriously need some good news today...
TotoStu
Ol' 78

Postby Andrew » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:16 am

TotoStu wrote:
Can you say anything more? Come on Bro, I seriously need some good news today...

Not yet. No plans afoot until new year and once All In sold out. It’s not far from that now.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby TotoStu » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:17 am

Andrew wrote:
TotoStu wrote:

Not yet. No plans afoot until new year and once All In sold out. It’s not far from that now.

Can't wait. The Rock Candy remasters are OK I suppose - but I really want to hear it done by the boys themselves.
TotoStu
Ol' 78

Postby LtVanish » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:45 am

brandonx76 wrote:Anyone in US get an update on their shipping? Mine's been sitting at "label printed' since 11/27. Seems a little strange

Ok heard others are having a similar delay - not just me...I'll be patient...waited this long...Seems EU is getting these distributed a little sooner (Friend in Germany already has) cheers

Mine came in last Saturday, It is an amazing box, I'm just starting to sink my teeth into these remasters, reaching for Kindom of Desire first.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby brandonx76 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:54 am

LtVanish wrote:
brandonx76 wrote:Anyone in US get an update on their shipping? Mine's been sitting at "label printed' since 11/27. Seems a little strange

Mine came in last Saturday, It is an amazing box, I'm just starting to sink my teeth into these remasters, reaching for Kindom of Desire first.

Cool looking forward...mine's still sitting in TN...very strange
brandonx76
Cassette Tape

Postby artinis1 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:18 am

To those that have it, what does the Live in Japan consist of and how does it sound?
artinis1
Ol' 78

Postby St.George » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:23 pm

artinis1 wrote:To those that have it, what does the Live in Japan consist of and how does it sound?

It sounds great, from what I've known
St.George
Ol' 78

Postby artinis1 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:04 am

Thanks for the info, but only 5 songs, wow that’s really disappointing
artinis1
Ol' 78

Postby brandonx76 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:37 am

Shipping update - it's moving finally...due next week...back to porch pirate watch, lol
brandonx76
Cassette Tape

Postby TotoStu » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:49 am

brandonx76 wrote:Shipping update - it's moving finally...due next week...back to porch pirate watch, lol

Set a trap for the fuckers! And film it and post it in here, cause I tell you man - I could use a damn good laugh right now!
TotoStu
Ol' 78

Postby brandonx76 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:53 am

TotoStu wrote:
brandonx76 wrote:Shipping update - it's moving finally...due next week...back to porch pirate watch, lol

Set a trap for the fuckers! And film it and post it in here, cause I tell you man - I could use a damn good laugh right now!

There's no guarantee..most of these people are grabbing random Amazon packages and following the delivery trucks around...pretty sorry stuff...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5EBI5jGSs8 -
brandonx76
Cassette Tape

PreviousNext

Return to Toto