Songs with Girls Names

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

Songs with Girls Names

Postby Sundet » Wed May 29, 2019 5:00 pm

So we all know Toto have recorded quite a few songs with girls names in them. But what is more, Toto members have also written a few songs with girls names recorded by other artists than Toto.

The quiz question is thus: Can you name three songs titled with female names not recorded by Toto but written by past or present Toto members only (i.e. not with co-writers who have not been in the band)? For example, Kimball's 'Annalies' wouldn't count here, as it was co-written by Bruce Gowdy and Guy Allison, who's never been in the band. Nor would Frederiksen/Phillips' 'Oh Diane', which was written by Ricky Phillips. But there are three (at least, there might be more for all I know) that would meet these criteria.
Sundet
Ol' 78

Re: Songs with Girls Names

Postby TotoStu » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:03 am

Sorry dude. I'd love to join in, but I'd have to think too much for this one! :lol:
TotoStu
Ol' 78

Postby Sundet » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:19 am

Alright, then.

Elaine - written by David Paich, recorded by Cherie & Marie Currie (Messin' with the Boys, 1980)
Marie - written by Steve Lukather, recorded by Brandon Fields (Other Places, 1991)
Angelie - written by Joseph Williams & Steve Porcaro, recorded by Joseph Williams (This Fall, 2008) (this was the trick part of the question)
Sundet
Ol' 78

Postby WalrusOct9 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:15 am

I've always wondered whether there's Toto-member-sung demos or outtakes of these songs flying around. Like "True Love" from that Jefferson Airplane reunion album, and stuff like that. I know a few things ended up on Toto XX in '98 but surely there's more, even if they're just demos and not fully produced tracks.

I wish Toto was more interested in digging up that kind of stuff...demos and outtakes and such. I'm sure there's several songs with alternate versions sung by a different band member, for starters.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Return to Toto