Luke Interview

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

Luke Interview

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:07 am

"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Re: Luke Interview

Postby r@y » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:02 am

Great interview, as always with Luke.

So, by his own admission, they got sued....and lost. It's not just ongoing.

Damn shame....
In the land of the pigs, the butcher is King..!
r@y
LP

Postby LtVanish » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:47 pm

It sounds like after this tour at a minimum there is going to be a long break from Toto. Hopefully Luke will do another solo album, I thought his last 3 were really good.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby Sundet » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:56 pm

LtVanish wrote:It sounds like after this tour at a minimum there is going to be a long break from Toto. Hopefully Luke will do another solo album, I thought his last 3 were really good.

I'm also hoping for a Joseph Williams solo album. He's really a great songwriter so whenever he has the time to sit down and write his own songs for his own albums great things usually happen. Much as I love his vocals, I've never been overly keen on his 'Vertigo' and 'Friestedt/Williams/(Champlin) stuff as I think the quality of the songs is uneven, whereas his proper solo albums have some fantastic moments owing in no small part to his songwriting abilities.

At some point I also wish Joseph would find the time to finish the project he started with his brother in the early 90's. Some of the songs from those sessions have surfaced on their respective solo albums (i.e. If I Seem to Wonder, I've Made Loving You a Habit, Need a Miracle, Don't Pull the Plug) but I really wish they'd finish and release the whole thing. I asked Joseph about it a few years back and he didn't appear overly interested, whereas I know his brother Mark wanted to complete the record a while back. Maybe they should have a chat about it.
Sundet
45 RPM

Return to Toto