New album and song

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

New album and song

Postby BBKlima » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:52 pm

New song Somehow Someway is awesome!

The new album Don't Let Up hits March 24th. The album cover is sweet featuring 3 Detroit muscle cars (70 Challenger, 70 Camaro and 69 Mustang, these are guesses from just the front of each car). I LOVE THE ALBUM COVER!!

Can't wait until March 24th.

NrrrNr
iauo o
gnlc l
hgek l
res
r
BBKlima
Ol' 78

Re: New album and song

Postby BBKlima » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:02 pm

One negative, it appears from the track list that they covered a Beatles song. Groan. We Can Work It Out

One of the things I always loved about NR was no cover songs on their original albums. I hope maybe this song just has the same title? But they are huge Beatle fans (I can't stand the Beatles) so I kind of doubt if it is just a reused title. Oh well.
BBKlima
Ol' 78

Postby BBKlima » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:37 am

I think Jack mentioned my post above in this interview! LOL

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/night-ra ... view-2017/

This is the part:

"I think it’s funny. I read a thing on a fan site that they were saying, “Oh God, I just saw the track listing, it looks like they did a cover of the Beatles’ ‘We Can Work It Out’” and I was so tempted to write back at him, “You’re going to be surprised!” But I didn’t. I thought I’d let the people be surprised when they hear it. Because I think on the track listing, people are thinking that we did a cover song on the album, which it’s going to be fun when they discover it’s not.

Read More: Night Ranger's Jack Blades Talks New Music: 'We Can Do Whatever We Want' | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/night-ra ... ck=tsmclip"

LOL

Also, that track is phenomenal! I will be writing my own review of Never Let Up in a couple of days. But I am LOVING this new record!!
BBKlima
Ol' 78

Postby Memorex » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:21 pm

BBKlima wrote:I think Jack mentioned my post above in this interview! LOL

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/night-ra ... view-2017/

This is the part:

"I think it’s funny. I read a thing on a fan site that they were saying, “Oh God, I just saw the track listing, it looks like they did a cover of the Beatles’ ‘We Can Work It Out’” and I was so tempted to write back at him, “You’re going to be surprised!” But I didn’t. I thought I’d let the people be surprised when they hear it. Because I think on the track listing, people are thinking that we did a cover song on the album, which it’s going to be fun when they discover it’s not.

Read More: Night Ranger's Jack Blades Talks New Music: 'We Can Do Whatever We Want' | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/night-ra ... ck=tsmclip"

LOL

Also, that track is phenomenal! I will be writing my own review of Never Let Up in a couple of days. But I am LOVING this new record!!

Pretty cool.

Hi Jack - bring the tour to MN and I'll go. Album sounds great. And don't be afraid to post. Only the assholes are assholes and we can all ignore them together. - Memorex
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby domino65 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:34 pm

the album is getting impressive selling since its release:
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #29 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
#1 in CDs & Vinyl > Hard Rock & Metal
#14 in CDs & Vinyl > Rock
#29 in CDs & Vinyl > Pop

i predict the best Billboard chart score since ManInMotion, probably getting a top50 spot!
The bitch bends over and i forget my name!
domino65
Ol' 78

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:53 am

Favorite song off the CD is "Don't Let Up". This CD is nowhere near as good as "High Road". Which may be my favorite they've ever released. Gonna keep listening through the spring and hopefully the summer if it grows on me.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby BBKlima » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:28 pm

RedWingFan wrote:Favorite song off the CD is "Don't Let Up". This CD is nowhere near as good as "High Road". Which may be my favorite they've ever released. Gonna keep listening through the spring and hopefully the summer if it grows on me.

No where near as good? Maybe not as good, but this is an excellent record in its own right. Big Life and Hole In The Sun were underappreciated in their time too.
BBKlima
Ol' 78

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees