What happened to Alan Fitzgerald?

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

What happened to Alan Fitzgerald?

Postby PMA » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:06 am

I have researched the internet and can't seem to find any info on why Alan "Fitz' Fitzgerald left Night Ranger. Does anyone know why he left and what he is doing now?
PMA
Radio Waves

Postby RockInDetroit » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:24 am

The official word from Night Ranger is that Fitz left Night Ranger because he doesn’t like to tour. But shortly after leaving Night Ranger, Fitz has been seen touring with many other artists including Van Halen and Bruce Springsteen. So take it for what it is worth.

Fitz has been heard playing with the band called Alliance…..The band includes a couple former Sammy Hagar band members and Robert Berry. They recently released a double cd with both of their studio albums on one cd it is called Destination Known.
RockInDetroit
LP

Re: What happened to Alan Fitzgerald?

Postby paste » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:28 am

PMA wrote:I have researched the internet and can't seem to find any info on why Alan "Fitz' Fitzgerald left Night Ranger. Does anyone know why he left and what he is doing now?

He is on tour with Van Halen right now. He is the guy behind the stage either playing the keyboard parts or making sure the prerecorded bits kick in when they are supposed to. He's done this on every VH tour since 91, with the exception of the 98 tour with Cherone on vocals - he was back in Night Ranger at that point.
paste
Radio Waves

Postby RockInDetroit » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:47 am

Surprised he is still doing that. I thought he played with Van Halen due to his friendship with Sammy Hagar.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby paste » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:38 am

RockInDetroit wrote:Surprised he is still doing that. I thought he played with Van Halen due to his friendship with Sammy Hagar.

I was kind of surprised, too. Besides the lack of Sammy, they are also playing a lot fewer keyboard songs than they did with Sammy.
paste
Radio Waves

Re: What happened to Alan Fitzgerald?

Postby Voyager » Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:14 pm

Happy Birthday Alan!

born July 16, 1949
Voyager
Compact Disc

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees