NIGHT RANGER SET LIST - Tampa, FL 12/30/1988

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

NIGHT RANGER SET LIST - Tampa, FL 12/30/1988

Postby dabstudio » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:40 am

MAN IN MOTION TOUR

University of South Florida Sun Dome
Tampa, Florida

Opening Act - KANSAS

Touch of Madness
When You Close Your Eyes
Man In Motion
Sentimental Street
Don't Start Thinking
This Boy Needs To Rock
Let Him Run (unplugged)
Goodbye (unpluggged)
Reason To Be (unplugged)
Four In The Morning
Sister Christian
Night Ranger
Don't Tell Me, You Love Me
ENCORE:
(You Can Still) Rock In America
dabstudio
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:45 pm
Location: ROCK in the USA

Postby Logan 5 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:34 pm

I was at that show...but I thought Kansas was headlining...I might be wrong, that was a long time ago. I know I'm not wrong when I say that was a great show...even when Jack fell off the stage. He got right back up on stage like nothing had happened :lol:
Logan 5
Fresh Air
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:59 pm
Location: Downtown Tampa

Postby RockInDetroit » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:41 am

I saw them in Detroit on that tour. Same setlist. I could not believe Night Ranger opened for Kansas. Met Kelly before the show...one of my first experience meeting a famous rock star. You could tell from him and you could tell from watching the boys on stage that something was not right. A short time after they broke up.

I was really bummed about that show because the promotors had booked both Kansas and Night Ranger for two shows. One at 7 and One at 11. I had 2nd row for the second show. Found out that same day that the second show was canceled...not because of tickets sales but because NR and Kansas did not know they were to play two shows til they got there....Kelly told me.

So instead of having second row I got last row in the upper deck....last two tickets available. What a bummer.
RockInDetroit
LP
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:44 am

Postby Logan 5 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:24 pm

Ouch...well that's better than not being there at all lol.

I never got the feeling you did about them...I thought they looked happy and all. I had met them the year before when Helix opened for them and I also met them...great guys, except for Brad...he seemed a little standoffish so I didn't go near him but sitting and talking with Jeff Watson about the live video from '85 was a treat I'll never forget...He said "they had me dressed up like a faggot" :lol:
Night Ranger was always my favorite band so you could imagine it was very surreal to not only meet them but talk with them as well! I still have the paper that they all signed (cept Brad). I ended up getting his autograph on a water bottle I caught that he threw at a different concert a few years later :lol:
Did you ever see them when Gary Moon was singing for them? They opened for Foreigner here in Tampa in the early '90s or so. I actually loved the Feeding Off The Mojo CD...every song is good. Next to Man In Motion it's probably my favorite.
Logan 5
Fresh Air
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:59 pm
Location: Downtown Tampa

Postby Toph » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:09 am

Logan 5 wrote:I was at that show...but I thought Kansas was headlining...I might be wrong, that was a long time ago. I know I'm not wrong when I say that was a great show...even when Jack fell off the stage. He got right back up on stage like nothing had happened :lol:


Kansas did headline that tour. I saw it in Atlanta.

Kansas was plugging the "In The Spirit Of Things" album which was a collosal FLOP!
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Postby RockInDetroit » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:06 am

Logan 5 wrote:Ouch...well that's better than not being there at all lol.

I never got the feeling you did about them...I thought they looked happy and all. I had met them the year before when Helix opened for them and I also met them...great guys, except for Brad...he seemed a little standoffish so I didn't go near him but sitting and talking with Jeff Watson about the live video from '85 was a treat I'll never forget...He said "they had me dressed up like a faggot" :lol:
Night Ranger was always my favorite band so you could imagine it was very surreal to not only meet them but talk with them as well! I still have the paper that they all signed (cept Brad). I ended up getting his autograph on a water bottle I caught that he threw at a different concert a few years later :lol:
Did you ever see them when Gary Moon was singing for them? They opened for Foreigner here in Tampa in the early '90s or so. I actually loved the Feeding Off The Mojo CD...every song is good. Next to Man In Motion it's probably my favorite.


Yes, I have the Mojo cd. Not a fan of Gary Moon's voice and style. I liked him on the title track though. My problem with the cd was that Kelly only same three songs on the cd and the cd was titled a Night Ranger cd.

I met all five originals. Kelly first (on the MIM tour). Later met Brad and Kelly on the Mojo tour. Then all of them on the Neverland Tour a couple times. I know what you mean by a little stand offish for Brad....he is a little more stand offish then the others but still very nice. But I haven't spoke with him since Neverland.
RockInDetroit
LP
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:44 am

Postby sniper16 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:18 pm

met these guys many times since midnight madness tour, everybody was always extremely nice , invited us to the bar to hang ut with them and quiet riot, brad was the first one to come out last summer and chat.
User avatar
sniper16
8 Track
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:24 am
Location: cincinnati ohio

Postby masque » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:22 am

Toph wrote:
Logan 5 wrote:I was at that show...but I thought Kansas was headlining...I might be wrong, that was a long time ago. I know I'm not wrong when I say that was a great show...even when Jack fell off the stage. He got right back up on stage like nothing had happened :lol:


Kansas did headline that tour. I saw it in Atlanta.

Kansas was plugging the "In The Spirit Of Things" album which was a collosal FLOP!


in the spirit of things was a flop but was actually one of the best KANSAS records ever.
masque
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:17 am

Postby Pelata » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:12 am

That's the setlist on the Live In Japan CD I have...
User avatar
Pelata
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:50 am
Location: NC - USA


Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest