Thoughts on the Soundbytes for the new NR album?

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

Thoughts on the Soundbytes for the new NR album?

Postby lfhlaw » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:29 pm

Wanted to hear other people's input on this new NR Hole in the Sun album.

I kinda like the sound, it's much heavier and rocks much more than the last 2 albums. Sounds stripped back. Can't wait to hear some of the Guitar solos and dueling guitar work by Jeff and Brad. Been Waiting along for this album since andrew announced it a while back.

Man with the soundbytes here, I'd rather have the release date much sooner. Have to pre-order the new NR album somewhere.
lfhlaw
Radio Waves

Postby Deuce » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:58 pm

I think that all five of the songs are enjoyable, but so far nothing jumps out at me like, "Whoa, this is premium Night Ranger!" I think that Neverland is one of their best albums, but I'm just not sure if Hole In The Sun is going to have a smoking rocker like "New York Time" or a beautiful ballad like "Forever All Over Again." I think that the new album could end up being their "worst" or "second worst," but all of their albums are very good or better, so that's not really a terrible thing. All of the albums have to end up somewhere. This is just my initial reaction after five clips, though. Clips can definitely be misleading. No matter what, I think that we will get an enjoyable album and I completely laud Night Ranger for making new music. That's what bands should be about.
Deuce
Ol' 78

Postby leftovertu » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:00 am

didn't care much for them, really. for my money, the new kelly keagy sounds more like night ranger than night ranger does.
leftovertu
Radio Waves

Postby 7 Wishes » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:47 pm

Wow. I disagree completely. I think "Tell Your Vision" sounds like the hardest-rocking track in 25 years, and "There is Life" sounds like a classic NR power ballad. Of course, Kelly's CD f***ing rocks!
7 Wishes
Stereo LP

Postby Deuce » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:59 pm

"Tell Your Vision" is heavy, but Night Ranger was never about being a hardcore death metal band. "There Is Life" does sound like a very good ballad.
Deuce
Ol' 78

Postby maglore » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:39 am

I thought so far so good.
"Tell ME Your Vision Rocks"
I think this will be a great album.
It has been a long time coming and with Kelly's new album being awesome this is going to be a great year fo NR fans!
MAGLORE
maglore
Fresh Air

Re: Thoughts on the Soundbytes for the new NR album?

Postby tom27b » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:04 pm

Well, Night Ranger is sadly no longer Night Ranger. They have developed into a musical style which sounds like any other group today. Too sad the days are gone where Night Ranger used to stand for classic melodic rock - writing great songs with nice melodies.

I let some former big-time Ranger fans listen to the soundbytes posted and everyone disliked them (sorry to say). Even newcomer bands are creating better melodies and offer much better production. So one of the gems of melodic rock are forever gone with this release.

Cheers
Tom
tom27b
Fresh Air

Postby Deuce » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:55 am

I'm not crazy about the new stuff, but I think that we should still wait to listen to the full album. Sometimes clips are very misleading. "Wrap It Up" sounds pretty cool and there are some other interesting things, so I definitely don't think that this album will be completely worthless. I also don't think that Night Ranger is necessarily gone forever. This could be a big experiment for them and there's always a chance that they'll return with one final, rockin' album in classic Night Ranger style.
Deuce
Ol' 78

Postby AR » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:04 am

I don't like it at all. I loved Neverland - that was the last NR one that I really was into.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby RockInDetroit » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:38 pm

Guys, don't rush to make judgement of the sound samples. Full versions of every song were circulating on the internet last week. I have heard the entire cd. It is a really awesome cd. At first listen you think...this aint Night Ranger....then you listen to the entire song a couple times and you go..........DAMN this is awesome. This cd is better than Neverland or Seven by far. You will be pleasantly surprised....great stuff by Night Ranger. The melodies are there and their creative juices where flowing bigtime.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby Deuce » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:56 am

RockInDetroit is right about the samples being misleading. I have also heard the entire album and I now like it a lot. I don't like it as much as Neverland (which I love), but I probably like it more than Feeding Off The Mojo and Seven. The guitars are totally smokin' all over this album.
Deuce
Ol' 78

Postby JohnH » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:56 am

Just downloaded the samples (except for track 5 There is Life, Andrew please fix) and I'm very very impressed. I like the different feels. I can't wait to get this. My b day is the 19th but all my presents come on the 20th from Frontiers, including this and JLT's new one!

JH
JohnH
8 Track

Postby X factor » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:19 am

7 Wishes wrote:Wow. I disagree completely. I think "Tell Your Vision" sounds like the hardest-rocking track in 25 years, and "There is Life" sounds like a classic NR power ballad. Of course, Kelly's CD f***ing rocks!

Agreed, 7. TELL YOUR VISION could damn near be a hit on modern radio, I think.
X factor
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:14 am

I have listened to the CD once. There are some classic NR tunes, but also there are some that sound very different. I am ok with that. However, I am not crazy about many of the vocals. I am thinking they are Kelly's, I am not sure what happened but his singing style is not as pleasing to me anymore.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:13 pm

I've been listening to this cd alot lately. Revolution 4AM is a great track!!!! I love the chorus rocks.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby sniper16 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:58 am

i like that they are heavier, and not a mor as some band have put out, but i wont be buying it because of the tuned down guitar, you dont hear eddie van halen changing his guitar sounds, face it your not going to get any us airplay by going modern, so just stick with the sound that got you there, you can update the sound without changing the style(see bon jovi)
sniper16
8 Track

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees