Reb Beach

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

Reb Beach

Postby tapsmiled » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:42 am

The story on the front page only solidifies what I wrote before on this site......Reb Beach is not a background player!!! The story mentioned that he was emotionless and that "It was evident during the first few minutes, however, that Gillis was the lone lead guitarist as Beach remained in the background for much of the show." THAT IS A BIG LOAD OF CRAP!!! Beach is infinitely better than Gillis and, in no way, belongs at the back of anyone's stage. As much as I would love to hear Reb Beach shred through some of NR's songs live, I wish that he would just return to his duties with Winger and/or Whitesnake where he has the chance to shine and not be someone else's rhythm player....he deserves so much more than that.
tapsmiled
Radio Waves

Postby 7 Wishes » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:23 am

I saw the show in Raleigh. He shared many of the solos, ran around the stage like a man possessed, and played his ass off. He was unreal, and was clearly having a great time. The reviewer is full of shit.
7 Wishes
Stereo LP

Postby RockInDetroit » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:39 am

News for you Tapsmiled, This is Night Ranger and Reb Beetch is just a fill in so that is all he should be...a backgrouind player. The guitars in this band now belong to Brad Gillis.

Reb is welcome to play in front of Winger...if there was any demand for them to still be playing.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby Pelata » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:10 am

7 Wishes wrote:I saw the show in Raleigh. He shared many of the solos, ran around the stage like a man possessed, and played his ass off. He was unreal, and was clearly having a great time. The reviewer is full of shit.

I was wondering about that. I've seen Beach before and he was full of energy. And, if Beach is a background player then so was Watson, cuz he's covering all of Watson's guitar parts... :roll:
Pelata
Cassette Tape

Postby aggieangelcrys » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:26 am

Pelata wrote:
7 Wishes wrote:I saw the show in Raleigh. He shared many of the solos, ran around the stage like a man possessed, and played his ass off. He was unreal, and was clearly having a great time. The reviewer is full of shit.

I was wondering about that. I've seen Beach before and he was full of energy. And, if Beach is a background player then so was Watson, cuz he's covering all of Watson's guitar parts... :roll:

Hiya Pelata!
Don't stop believing,
Crys

My serenity is directly proportional to my level of acceptance.
Learning to Live Life...One Day at a Time

www.myspace.com/aggieangelcrys
aggieangelcrys
LP

Postby Pelata » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:08 am

aggieangelcrys wrote:
Pelata wrote:

Hiya Pelata!

Hey... 8)
Pelata
Cassette Tape

Postby Angiekay » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:36 am

I saw them Friday night. He's a good player and he looked like he was having a good time, but the back and forth chemistry that Brad and Jeff had just isn't there.

Angiekay
Stereo LP

Postby IngoK » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:44 am

Found out that Reb Beach and Kelly Keagy played together in a Band called "The Mob" in 2005. Kelly had lead vocals on the Ballad "The Magic". Sorry if this was posted earlier...
IngoK
LP

Postby YankeeRose » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:02 pm

Reb is one of my favorite guitar players. He is great in Winger and Whitesnake. His solo album is also very very good! I also like the album he did with Dokken, and he plays amazing on their live DVD Into The Sun. I agree he shouldn't be a background or 2nd guitar player.

Moderator at www.vhlinks.com
YankeeRose
Ol' 78

Postby RockInDetroit » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:54 pm

Guys this is old news, I don't even think Reb plays with NR anymore. He was replaced by Joel Hoefstra.

Besides, The only person who belongs on the left side of the stage is Jeff Watson.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby Ladelock » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:17 pm

RockInDetroit wrote:The only person who belongs on the left side of the stage is Jeff Watson.

AMEN!!

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but when are three fellers going to wake up and realize they are missing a vital part of the band?!?!?! Is Jeff that hard to work with?!?!?!?

Nothing against Reb Beach. He did a good job when I saw NR in Sept. BUT he is NOT, nor will he ever be Jeff Watson!

Haven't seen Joel Hoekstra, don't know anything about him. BUT he is NOT, nor will he ever be Jeff Watson!

(deep breath) Sorry, just needed to vent there.
Ladelock
Radio Waves

Postby RockInDetroit » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:20 am

Ladelock wrote:
RockInDetroit wrote:The only person who belongs on the left side of the stage is Jeff Watson.

AMEN!!

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but when are three fellers going to wake up and realize they are missing a vital part of the band?!?!?! Is Jeff that hard to work with?!?!?!?

Nothing against Reb Beach. He did a good job when I saw NR in Sept. BUT he is NOT, nor will he ever be Jeff Watson!

Haven't seen Joel Hoekstra, don't know anything about him. BUT he is NOT, nor will he ever be Jeff Watson!

(deep breath) Sorry, just needed to vent there.

That is the way I feel too. More than any other band in my opinion this band needs it's originals. I honestly can not muster up enough interest to see them without Jeff. If Jeff had left on his own or Jeff had poor health than ok, but Jeff was kicked out. Maybe Jeff had his issues, but I think it is more that Jeff has passion. Maybe Jeff needs to realize that it is a band and when 'the jury' can not decide strongly on an issue majority rules. but Jeff needs to be in Night Ranger and without him I boycott Night Ranger. Yes, we are beating a dead horse, but enough of us diehards feel strongly about it.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby Real rock fan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:48 am

RockInDetroit wrote:Guys this is old news, I don't even think Reb plays with NR anymore. He was replaced by Joel Hoefstra.

Besides, The only person who belongs on the left side of the stage is Jeff Watson.

Spot on mate! :)

A pale shadow of classic Night Ranger :(
Real rock fan
Ol' 78

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees