A taste of how it was way back when

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

A taste of how it was way back when

Postby tapsmiled » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:45 am

Some awesome person posted these on youtube last month, and they are a reminder of how amazing this band was at one point. "Don't Start Thing" sounds almost note perfect to the CD. I don't know where these vids came from, but I would kill to get my hands on a copy of this DVD. Enjoy....oh and check out the new NR site. I wish they would add a forum there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-kZWm7w ... ed&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9dQEgj2 ... ed&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTorRz_CUps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxQAb6Kxc8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWF-vSpeITk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ziLrFeQkiY

Friggin awesome!!!!
tapsmiled
Radio Waves

Postby Ladelock » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:25 pm

Wow! Thanks TAP. I have been checking the "Tube" regularly for anything NEW, like from
the latest tour and such, but I usually don't watch the old stuff.
Two things: 1)Who was on keyboards? and 2)Did you notice Jeff didn't sing backup vocals
back then? I never understood why you never saw him singing in the old stuff. He has a terriffic
voice!

I can't wait til the new site gets the "merch" up and running. I was able to get my hands on a
new NR world tour 07 t-shirt at the Knoxville, TN show on Sept. 10. They had some beautiful
shirts, just not in the smaller sizes, so we had to settle for the basic black. What we really had
our eyes on was a baby blue and a gray. Hopefully, those will be available in our sizes soon.
AND hopefully, they will get a new forum up for us! I really miss it.
Ladelock
Radio Waves

Postby TimS » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:51 pm

These came from the Japan In Motion dvd. It's the same show/set that was released on cd in '89 as Live In Japan with Jesse Bradman on keys. I got mine from ebay a few years ago.
TimS
Fresh Air

Postby wwotr » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:55 am

I'm trying to get my hands on a Night Ranger from San Mateo, Ca 2007.
They are supposed to do some "new songs" from and upcoming album!
:D
wwotr
Fresh Air

Postby Ladelock » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:36 pm

WWOTR- are you talking about a video made this year or tickets for an upcoming show?

I saw the show in Knoxville, TN Sept. 10 and the only song (note singular) from Hole in the Sun was Tell Your Vision. In fact they hardly mentioned it at all! I had my copy with me and was waving it in the air when Jack saw it, pointed to me and said, "Yeah, I see that!" Hubby and I tried to get back stage to get the cd case autographed, but could not. This was our 13 yr old daughter's first concert. That would have made it so special for her (and for us, too!).
Ladelock
Radio Waves

Postby wwotr » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:25 pm

Ladelock,
No it was a show this year and I guess a local guy filmed it. :P
wwotr
Fresh Air

Postby Ladelock » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:50 am

Thanks for the clarification! I have no problem with a boot-leg. It is my personal opinion that since the band will not put
out a concert dvd for their fans, then it us up to us to get one anywhere we can. I have ordered 2 different ones off ebay in the last few years. One was not worth the tape it was on, and I think the scam artist has quit selling it or was run out of the ebay community. The second was the Yeatmans Cove shot in Cincinnati, OH. It was of decent quality, and we have enjoyed watching it many times. Having said that, I will be the first one in line to purchase a fully licensed, legit dvd should NR decide to market one sometime in the next 20 years! :roll: Let us know how yours works out.
Ladelock
Radio Waves

Postby wwotr » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:53 am

I feel the EXACT same way about Van Halen! :P
Roger
wwotr
Fresh Air

Postby RockInDetroit » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:57 am

Ladelock wrote:Thanks for the clarification! I have no problem with a boot-leg. It is my personal opinion that since the band will not put
out a concert dvd for their fans, then it us up to us to get one anywhere we can. I have ordered 2 different ones off ebay in the last few years. One was not worth the tape it was on, and I think the scam artist has quit selling it or was run out of the ebay community. The second was the Yeatmans Cove shot in Cincinnati, OH. It was of decent quality, and we have enjoyed watching it many times. Having said that, I will be the first one in line to purchase a fully licensed, legit dvd should NR decide to market one sometime in the next 20 years! :roll: Let us know how yours works out.

Hey, no concert dvds but tons of live cds. How many live versions of "Don't Tell Me You Love Me" do I need?
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby Ladelock » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:41 am

Why DO they keep doing that?! I could not believe all the LIVE versions listed on the revamped nightranger.com. I wouldn't mind having a LIVE version of some of the newer stuff, but I already have 2 and I'm not buying anymore of the same stuff! Who is in charge/managing NR now anyway?
I still love the band, but you gotta wonder what they're thinking sometimes!

BTW-Glad you decided to chime in here again, Rock! I thought you had abandoned us. LOL
Ladelock
Radio Waves

Postby RockInDetroit » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:37 am

I am disgruntled with Night Ranger. I was a really big fan. But everything that has happened with them lately I tired of it. Annual Live cds. No Dvds. They finally come out with a cd and the political internal BS killed my mood….even though I liked the cd….but it left a sour taste in my mouth. They shut the website down and no more forum. They haven’t come to Detroit in SO LONG…even Shaw Blades ignored here. I just am tired of it. I think they really need to get a grip because they are losing the loyal fans they had. I still haven’t totally kicked them aside….I guess just weening my self off. It is too bad. But I look at them now and I just see half the band. I was ok with it the first time but this time it is too fresh….I guess I need a break from it more than they do this time.
RockInDetroit
LP

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees