New live album

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

New live album

Postby Deuce » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:56 am

Hopefully there will be some songs on there that haven't been on their other live releases. I'm particularly hoping for "This Boy Needs To Rock," "The Secret Of My Success," and some songs from Hole In The Sun.
Deuce
Ol' 78

Postby Real rock fan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:15 am

Lets hope so, nothing worse than hearing the same old tired classics.
Real rock fan
Ol' 78

Postby RockInDetroit » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:47 am

I saw the track list a while back on this site. There where about 5 Hole In the Sun songs on there. I believe Secret was on there but not sure. Search the archives on this site.

Me, I am not that excited about this release. First off, only three guys on it are Night Ranger and the other two are subs in my opinion. Secondly, I have a couple live cds already. I have wanted a dvd, not another live cd. Now I am not sure I will ever get that dvd because Jeff and Fitz are both out of the band. I want to see a Night Ranger concert that is what i consider Night Ranger.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby MichaelB1975 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:35 am

Man gotta agree with ya both on that. The Night Ranger live CD's I have have a lot of overlapping songs on them. I'd like to see them change it up just a little bit this time. Kinda a shame they can't play some of the cover songs they've been doin in concert recently.
MichaelB1975
Radio Waves

Postby RockInDetroit » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:15 am

For those of you that care. Here is the track list.

CD1: ‘This Boy Needs To Rock’, ‘Tell Your Vision’, ‘Sing Me Away’, ‘Touch Of Madness’, ‘Drama Queen’, ‘Rumors In The Air’, ‘Seven Wishes’, ‘Secret Of My Success’, ‘There Is Life’, ‘Eddie’s Comin’ Out Tonight’, ‘Sentimental Street’.

CD2: ‘Forever All Over Again’, ‘High Enough’, ‘Goodbye’, ‘Whatever Happened’, ‘Four In The Morning’, ‘When You Close Your Eyes’, ‘Don’t Tell Me You Love Me’, ‘Sister Christian’, ‘Your Gonna Hear From Me’, ‘(You Can Still) Rock In America’.

Since we are on the topic of a Night Ranger concert. I remember when they used to play Coming of Age in concert. I personally miss it......although I must say I haven't seen the guys in years......they don't play Detroit. It was definitely a much better DY song then High Enough....live especially. It used to be towards the end of the show and the audience loved it. I know many did not like having the DY songs in the shows....I did not mind that one. So if you had a preference would you rather hear High Enough or Coming of Age live? Gotta pick one of the two songs.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby Deuce » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:41 pm

That's a pretty great song selection...a lot of new stuff and songs that haven't been on live albums before. This will be awesome. Speaking of Night Ranger's live albums, they have to be the least imaginative band when it comes to naming them...Live In Japan, Rock In Japan '97, Rock In Japan 2007... :lol:

RockInDetroit, I would take "Coming Of Age," especially because I've seen them do "High Enough" twice but never "Coming Of Age." Even if I had never gotten either, I would go with "Coming Of Age." Seeing "High Enough" live was awesome, though.
Deuce
Ol' 78

Postby RockInDetroit » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:42 am

So how many of you plan on paying the high japanese import prices for this release? Myself, I'd pay it for a new studio release or live dvd (with jeff) but not for another live cd when I already have a couple of those.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby IngoK » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:55 am

Japan Import, not a worldwide release?
IngoK
LP

Postby Deuce » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:30 am

I'll definitely be getting this album no matter what.
Deuce
Ol' 78

Postby RockInDetroit » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:54 pm

I believe it is only available as a japanese import so I would not get too excited. Japanese imports with one cd run about $25 but this a a double cd.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby Ladelock » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:42 pm

Hopefully, it will be available through NEH Records. I have ordered imports from them a couple of times in the last year. AND they are one of the sponsors of this site!

Now as to whether or not I will order ANOTHER Live/Rock in Japan cd - I don't know.
I'd do it in a heartbeat if it was a DVD!

Do we really need another Live in Japan cd?
OK, so there are 5 songs off Hole in the Sun, which, by the way, STILL has not been released in the US. Neither of the songs Jeff wrote are on the new "R I J" cd list (Wrap it Up was my favorite on "Hole"). Who should we assume is playing the guitar parts (other than Brad) since there has been a revolving door in that area?

I belong to the Jack Blades fan club (I have never posted there since I am sure my comments would not be welcome - they are very protective of him there), but someone posted this week they had met w/Jack at the Gitmo show and he said his son James is managing the band now. In my opinion, there has been SOME improvement (NR.com is back up), but if they are serious about putting out stuff people WANT they need to fire him and get someone who has some idea what their fans really want.

****NEWS FLASH****LIVE DVD****
Ladelock
Radio Waves

Postby RockInDetroit » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:48 am

Ladelock wrote:Hopefully, it will be available through NEH Records. I have ordered imports from them a couple of times in the last year. AND they are one of the sponsors of this site!

Now as to whether or not I will order ANOTHER Live/Rock in Japan cd - I don't know.
I'd do it in a heartbeat if it was a DVD!

Do we really need another Live in Japan cd?
OK, so there are 5 songs off Hole in the Sun, which, by the way, STILL has not been released in the US. Neither of the songs Jeff wrote are on the new "R I J" cd list (Wrap it Up was my favorite on "Hole"). Who should we assume is playing the guitar parts (other than Brad) since there has been a revolving door in that area?

I belong to the Jack Blades fan club (I have never posted there since I am sure my comments would not be welcome - they are very protective of him there), but someone posted this week they had met w/Jack at the Gitmo show and he said his son James is managing the band now. In my opinion, there has been SOME improvement (NR.com is back up), but if they are serious about putting out stuff people WANT they need to fire him and get someone who has some idea what their fans really want.

****NEWS FLASH****LIVE DVD****

I know the dvd thing is confusing to me. One of my other favorite bands Saga has 5 dvds and they don't have nearly the same reach as Night Ranger. I mean I could go look up any band and most have something out.

But ladelock, would you really buy a dvd with Jack, Brad, Kelly and two subs? I always wanted a live dvd but I want it to be Night Ranger, not 3/5ths Night Ranger. At this point I would rather them just rerelease the 7 Wishes Tour VHS show on DVD. I want it to be the Night Ranger that brought me wonderful feelings not the split Night Ranger because of internal squabbles.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby Ladelock » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:14 am

RockInDetroit wrote:But ladelock, would you really buy a dvd with Jack, Brad, Kelly and two subs?

Tough question! I guess I was thinking they would put out something older with the originals. I'd say the chances of that are slim to none though. If they no longer want Jeff around, I guess they wouldn't want him to profit from any future releases.

So to answer your question (after 2 days of deliberation) I will buy a new LIVE DVD, even if it is with 2 subs, should the band EVER decide to put one out! After all, my family did go to the concert (with 2 subs) last Sept. We really missed seeing Jeff, but we enjoyed being there and hearing the music.

On another note........Thank you, Andrew, for the Alliance update today! It was wonderful to see Fitz is alive and doing well. If you haven't already, you should check out the link to "Nothing Else I Can Do". Good stuff!
Ladelock
Radio Waves

Postby RockInDetroit » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:04 am

Ladelock wrote:
On another note........Thank you, Andrew, for the Alliance update today! It was wonderful to see Fitz is alive and doing well. If you haven't already, you should check out the link to "Nothing Else I Can Do". Good stuff!

Ah, Haven't heard the song yet, but I have their first two cds. Not bad stuff.
RockInDetroit
LP

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees