why dont they tour sheds in the summer

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

why dont they tour sheds in the summer

Postby sniper16 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:25 am

i dont understand why NR dont hook up with someone like journey, hagar, or even poison.
and do a proper summer tour.
sniper16
8 Track

Postby Ladelock » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:56 am

A. It appears they are touring JAPAN this summer.

B. The sad reality is people don't come out for the shows. When I went to the Knoxville show in Sept., there were a lot of empty seats. We were shocked to see how little turn out there was. We thought the place would be packed! Doesn't EVERYONE want to see Night Ranger!? It couldn't be because the ticket prices were too high because tickets were only $7.50. About half the theater was general admission seating which were FREE. It was an open air theater at the TVA fair and the weather was perfect. There were a few of us "die-hard" fans there that could sing the new songs, had on the old concert Tee's.
It would be interesting to see how much tickets are to the Japan concerts versus the US.

C. They did that kind of tour in 1999 with Quiet Riot, Slaughter, Ted Nugent and I can't remember who else. It was a pretty good show, the only thing is each band is more limited to the number of songs they play. Night Ranger was the next to the last band to play right before Ted.
Ladelock
Radio Waves

Re: why dont they tour sheds in the summer

Postby paste » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:48 am

sniper16 wrote:i dont understand why NR dont hook up with someone like journey, hagar, or even poison.
and do a proper summer tour.

Since the Rock Never Stops tour in the late 90s, they've only been doing fly out dates on the weekend. From interviews, it seems like they all have other things going on outside the band, so I am guessing they don't want to or need to do a full on bus tour doing 4 to 5 shows a week for a couple months at a time.
paste
Radio Waves

Postby RockInDetroit » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:18 am

All I know is that it has been about 10 years (for sure before 2000) since they have even come to Detroit. I saw them about three years ago in Bay City which is about 2 hours away and a much smaller population center than Detroit. That was the only time I saw them with Lardie. I don't understand it. Since the 96 reunion.....I do remember Night Ranger coming one summer...probably last time i saw them with Loverboy. I saw them play a theater show here with Survivor. I saw them play an outdoor amphitheater with Nazerth. They usually came with someone else when I saw them. The Bay City Show was a free festival show...others I paid for.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby sniper16 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:46 pm

same here in cincinnati, i saw them when they first reunited around 99/00, and they havnt been here since.
had to drive to st louis last memorial day to see them.
i know bands make big money doing these fest/fair free shows.but it would be nice to see them every other year or so.
sniper16
8 Track

Postby RockInDetroit » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:39 am

You know what sucks about these festival shows? Usually although free to the general public. All the seats up close are for corporate people. The real fans get thrown to the back. I remember it that way at the Bay City Show and other 'free shows' I saw from other bands.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby paste » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:32 am

There is a rumor going around on Metal Sludge that Night Ranger will be doing a tour this year with Cinderella and a reunited Warrant, so they might be hitting some of the medium sized sheds this year.
paste
Radio Waves

Postby Allied Forces » Fri May 09, 2008 9:38 am

Night Ranger has done the "sheds" before.
Never brag about your conquests to virtual strangers.
Allied Forces
45 RPM

Postby sniper16 » Fri May 09, 2008 10:28 pm

not since reforming, i guess they dont want to go out for 2/3 months.

would love to see sammy hagar/night ranger tour together
sniper16
8 Track

Postby JohnH » Fri May 16, 2008 3:09 pm

It just seems impossible to believe they never play in Los Angeles. It's nuts.

John
JohnH
8 Track

Postby sniper16 » Wed May 21, 2008 12:28 am

i know, they played cincinnati in 2000 and not since.two shows within an hour drive this summer whoooo.
sniper16
8 Track

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees