Anyone seen the new incarnation of Night Ranger?

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

Anyone seen the new incarnation of Night Ranger?

Postby lfhlaw » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:32 am

with Joel Hoekstra?

In addition....is he just another replacement or..

if the band decides to record will he be included or will Night Ranger continue to shuffle through guitar players?

Ideally yeah it'd be nice to have jeff Watson, but.... oh well.
lfhlaw
Radio Waves

Postby sniper16 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:31 pm

saw them last year with reb beach - they were still great.
seen joel with scrap metal twice, he can play..
im sure hes just a sideman, and recordings, im sure brad can handle the leads just fine.
sniper16
8 Track

Postby RockInDetroit » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:59 pm

The band has officially named him as a member, but I am sure they can drop him like a used hat.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby stevebuk1 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:31 am

.saw the band in vegas in february.
classic show as always.
was strange not seeing jeff there..............or michael.
new guy was good.
different line up...............but nightranger still rock.
stevebuk1
Radio Waves

Postby RockInDetroit » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:49 pm

stevebuk1 wrote:.saw the band in vegas in february.
classic show as always.
was strange not seeing jeff there..............or michael.
new guy was good.
different line up...............but nightranger still rock.

Still debating if they come to Detroit (first time in like 10 years) if i will go. It is sad to me only seeing three-fifths Night Ranger.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby DarrenUK » Sun May 11, 2008 2:46 am

Seen them open for Dennis DeYoung in February and they were amazing......Jack is still the king of smooze
DarrenUK
Cassette Tape

Postby Tito » Tue May 13, 2008 6:01 am

Saw them at the end of December, with Reb and Christian. They were very good. I do admit, it didn't feel the same without Jeff (mostly) and Fitz. But, Fitz has been gone awhile, so I've come to accept that. Maybe, because he kept a low profile. This was the first time without seeing them without Watson, so maybe over time I'll get use to it. All things, considering it was good, I'd go see them again in a second.
Tito
Stereo LP

Postby 7 Wishes » Tue May 13, 2008 8:43 am

They're still one of the all-time great live bands, period. Jack can work any crowd into a frenzy - he runs around stage with even more enthusiasm and passion than he did 25 years ago. Amazing, amazing core group of musicians there, with or without Watson. Keagy is one of the most under-rated drummers in the universe.
But around town, it was well known...when they got home at night
Their fat and psychopathic wives
Would thrash them within inches of their lives!
7 Wishes
Stereo LP

Postby Rick » Fri May 30, 2008 12:20 pm

7 Wishes wrote:They're still one of the all-time great live bands, period. Jack can work any crowd into a frenzy - he runs around stage with even more enthusiasm and passion than he did 25 years ago. Amazing, amazing core group of musicians there, with or without Watson. Keagy is one of the most under-rated drummers in the universe.

Saw them last October and you're right, fantastic show. Brad Gillis is quite animated as well and an excellent guitarist. We had a great time. Got to speak to Christian for a bit after the show. Nice kid.
Rick
Super Audio CD

gonna go see them

Postby lfhlaw » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:59 am

In pittsburgh. Since i live in the area and it's also FREE!
They're playing at a Rib Festival Labor Day Weekend. I've seen them there before and they put on a good show though it was mostly the popular hits.

The band did come out later to chat which was nice. My friend got a guitar pick lol. She was so excited although really confused Jack and Kelly up lol. I don't think kelly liked that too much.

Hopefully I'll get to talk to them again after the show.
I also hope they play some of the newer stuff. I believe it's only them this time. The previous time they had to share the stage, but we'll see.

Anyone, headed down, I'll probably be the only asian down there lol. (probably not true, but close to it)
lfhlaw
Radio Waves

Postby cabokami » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:54 am

I seen them in St.Clair Michigan for the Riverfest Festival this past July, I think it was the 28th. That was the first time I have seen them with the new line up. I thought they were stilll awesome. The only complaint was that the show was about 1:15 long. Kinda short. On a side note the stage was a barge on the lake it was pretty cool. The Tubes warmed up that night and were VERY entertaining. I was never a big fan but Fee Waybill Puts on a great show.
cabokami
Ol' 78

Postby RockInDetroit » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:49 am

cabokami wrote:I seen them in St.Clair Michigan for the Riverfest Festival this past July, I think it was the 28th. That was the first time I have seen them with the new line up. I thought they were stilll awesome. The only complaint was that the show was about 1:15 long. Kinda short. On a side note the stage was a barge on the lake it was pretty cool. The Tubes warmed up that night and were VERY entertaining. I was never a big fan but Fee Waybill Puts on a great show.

I was at that show too. While Fee Waybill is entertaining...I think the problem with the Tubes is they only have two good songs. The props are what keep me from sleeping.

Your first time seeing Night Ranger...too bad you did not get to see them with all five originals. While they are still very good...they were better with Jeff. You really saw guitar chemistry with Jeff/Brad....it was amazing.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby cabokami » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:23 pm

Thanks, Rock in Detroit. You are right about the Tubes and Im glad you had a good time as well.
cabokami
Ol' 78

Postby RedWingFan » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:29 am

RockInDetroit wrote:Your first time seeing Night Ranger...too bad you did not get to see them with all five originals. While they are still very good...they were better with Jeff. You really saw guitar chemistry with Jeff/Brad....it was amazing.

The first time I saw them was the "Neverland" tour I believe. They played at the Clio Area Ampitheater, here in Michigan. Great show. Crappy turnout though. I think it was around 900 who showed. :?
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby RockInDetroit » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:11 am

RedWingFan wrote:
RockInDetroit wrote:Your first time seeing Night Ranger...too bad you did not get to see them with all five originals. While they are still very good...they were better with Jeff. You really saw guitar chemistry with Jeff/Brad....it was amazing.

The first time I saw them was the "Neverland" tour I believe. They played at the Clio Area Ampitheater, here in Michigan. Great show. Crappy turnout though. I think it was around 900 who showed. :?

I was at that show as well. I actually thought the crowd was good concidering they were playing in the middle of no where. The city of Clio may not even have 900 people. GREAT SHOW that was. All five originals. Survivor opened up. Got to listen to the sound check...believe they were Sing Me Away and New York Time. Also, met the band before the show. One of the best concert experience I have ever had.
RockInDetroit
LP

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees