Damn Yankees/ Shaw Blades

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

Damn Yankees/ Shaw Blades

Postby zino » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:25 pm

Is there any chance we will seen anything form either of these again ?? Shaw Blades will probably happen but what about DY ???
Zino

Leave The gun, take the Cannoli's

Take her to the Zoo Rock.... retards like the Zoo.
zino
8 Track

Postby weatherman90 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:04 am

I really don't care to see the Damn Yankees. I'd rather see Ted do his thing, Styx do their thing, and Night Ranger do their thing.

It was a one time only supergroup as far as I'm concerned, I don't think there's a need for a reunion since all its members are off and busy with the bands they started

A one night only concert would be fun, but I think doing a full tour would just take away from the great things that Styx, Ted, and NR have going on with their respective tours.
Matt
--------------------------------------
www.melodicrockconcerts.com
weatherman90
Cassette Tape

Postby RockInDetroit » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:16 pm

weatherman90 wrote:I really don't care to see the Damn Yankees. I'd rather see Ted do his thing, Styx do their thing, and Night Ranger do their thing.

It was a one time only supergroup as far as I'm concerned, I don't think there's a need for a reunion since all its members are off and busy with the bands they started

A one night only concert would be fun, but I think doing a full tour would just take away from the great things that Styx, Ted, and NR have going on with their respective tours.

I agree 100% with this.

Personally, and ironically because I am from Detroit. I could careless if I ever see Nugent again. The guy is so freakin arrogent. Also imposes his political beliefs on everyone. Honestly feel his music is almost novelty music.

That being said Styx and Night Ranger put out much better stuff than the Damn Yankees.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby jrnyman28 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:11 am

They all seem to continue working together...just not under the Damn Yankees moniker.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Hollywood » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:11 am

Unless Styx decide to be creative and put new music out then what is the point? I'd rather have the main groups take a year off and record and Damn Yankees record and tour. Styx needs a year off bad and it wouldn't hurt Night Ranger or Nuge to do the same.
"We Were Born To Be Loved'"
Hollywood
LP

Postby mini mankind » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:32 am

let uncle ted be uncle ted !!
mini mankind
Fresh Air

Postby bru87tr » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:26 pm

I don't, styx is tired as well as NR being tired. DY would be a nice change.

as for the comment of a one time only supergroup they put out two GREAT albums!!!! does anyone remember how big they were ?

my bet is DY could do better things together than they do with the tired respective bands. its time to bring that back and see if these guys can create something great again.

there is alot of great songs on both those albums.
bru87tr
Ol' 78

My take

Postby RockInDetroit » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Never was a fan of DY. Tommy felt it was his time to prove to every one he was a rocker.....Dressed all tough and just screamed on all the rockers. Ted (being from Detroit) never liked him...way too arrogant. I felt the song writing wasn't as strong as NR was anyways. Felt Tommy was better with Styx. Ted was better with his solo career. And Jack was way better with Night Ranger.....Jack goes better with Kelly and the twim NR guitar sound. As for Styx being tired I agree. How many Styx/REo tours can there be? Another one this summer. But as for Night Ranger...the guys are not visible enough...they played my area for the first time in many years last year. They don't beat you to death with concert dates every summer. Id' rather the guys all do their thing with their original bands.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby Abitaman » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:13 am

First DY cd was very good, the second was "been there, done that" feel to it. They put on a good show everytime I saw them. Would like to see Styx take a year off the road and see a new shaw/blades cd and tour, then another Styx cd and tour. But as for a DY cd, I would buy it, but it would have to outstanding for me to want to go see them in concert. Or have a good double or triple bill concert.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees