US Version of Hole In the Sun

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

US Version of Hole In the Sun

Postby RockInDetroit » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:13 am

I bought the Japanese (or was it European) version as soon as it was released. Wondering if someone has both versions. My question is what is different other than the cover and the acoustic bonus song? Is all the Jeff Watson stuff in the booklet?

I wonder because Night Ranger offered a special autographed booklet on-line with the purchase. It would make no sense to have the booklet autographed by Hoekstra/Cullen rather than Watson/Lardie, because neither Joel nor Christain played on the cd. But I can not see Jeff signing the booklet either. I guess this leads to another question did anyone get the booklet? How did they handle this issue?
RockInDetroit
LP

Re: US Version of Hole In the Sun

Postby paste » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:25 pm

RockInDetroit wrote:I bought the Japanese (or was it European) version as soon as it was released. Wondering if someone has both versions. My question is what is different other than the cover and the acoustic bonus song? Is all the Jeff Watson stuff in the booklet?

I wonder because Night Ranger offered a special autographed booklet on-line with the purchase. It would make no sense to have the booklet autographed by Hoekstra/Cullen rather than Watson/Lardie, because neither Joel nor Christain played on the cd. But I can not see Jeff signing the booklet either. I guess this leads to another question did anyone get the booklet? How did they handle this issue?

I got an autographed copy through Newbury Comics and it was only autographed by Jack, Kelly, and Brad. When I saw NR last month, they were selling autographed copies (for $35, I think) and it looked like Christian and Joel also signed them.
paste
Radio Waves

Postby RockInDetroit » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:23 am

paste wrote:
RockInDetroit wrote:I bought the Japanese (or was it European) version as soon as it was released. Wondering if someone has both versions. My question is what is different other than the cover and the acoustic bonus song? Is all the Jeff Watson stuff in the booklet?

I got an autographed copy through Newbury Comics and it was only autographed by Jack, Kelly, and Brad. When I saw NR last month, they were selling autographed copies (for $35, I think) and it looked like Christian and Joel also signed them.

Thanks for the response. Everything else but the cover (bonus song) the same on the US version?
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby paste » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:31 am

RockInDetroit wrote:Thanks for the response. Everything else but the cover (bonus song) the same on the US version?

I haven't listened to the import version in months, but I didn't notice any difference between the two other than the two bonus acoustic songs.
paste
Radio Waves

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees