NR in Arlington Heights, IL @ Frontier Days on 7/2

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

NR in Arlington Heights, IL @ Frontier Days on 7/2

Postby mrsromek » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:12 pm

Anyone else heading to this show? LtVanish and I will be there. I may wear my MRF2 shirt. Send me a PM if you are going so we can all meet up!
mrsromek
45 RPM

Re: NR in Arlington Heights, IL @ Frontier Days on 7/2

Postby Saint John » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:31 am

mrsromek wrote:Anyone else heading to this show? LtVanish and I will be there. I may wear my MRF2 shirt. Send me a PM if you are going so we can all meet up!

:x :evil: :( I thought I'd be going to the show with you guys, but I'm flying out to Omaha to attend a friend's 4th of July party. On the positive side, we're going to the free Kansas, Styx and Foreigner show the very same night you guys will be seeing Night Ranger. Have a good time and hopefully we can all catch a show later this summer.
Saint John
Super Audio CD

Re: NR in Arlington Heights, IL @ Frontier Days on 7/2

Postby LtVanish » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:14 pm

Saint John wrote:
mrsromek wrote:Anyone else heading to this show? LtVanish and I will be there. I may wear my MRF2 shirt. Send me a PM if you are going so we can all meet up!

:x :evil: :( I thought I'd be going to the show with you guys, but I'm flying out to Omaha to attend a friend's 4th of July party. On the positive side, we're going to the free Kansas, Styx and Foreigner show the very same night you guys will be seeing Night Ranger. Have a good time and hopefully we can all catch a show later this summer.

Yeah too bad you can't come to the show, you'll have a great time though in Omaha, I mean you'll be in Nebraska for crying out loud, it doesn't get much better!
Wig Wam is the greatest band since bread was sliced.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby mrsromek » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:46 pm

Kansas, Styx and Foreigner. That's a great lineup. Doesn't Kansas still have most of the original band in the band? Foreigner should be Lou & Mick, not Mick and some goofballs. Then again, Jeff Pilson is cool....only because he was sick of all the bitching in Dokken. I won't get into that version of Styx, because I really like TS and hope he, Jack, Ted & Michael get DY back together for a tour.
mrsromek
45 RPM

NR can still rock in America!

Postby mrsromek » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:04 pm

NR was great tonight! All the hits were played, as well as acoustic renditions of High Enough & Roadhouse Blues. Coming of Age was also done, and may have been the hilight for me.

What always amazes me about these guys live is their energy. Gillis' musicianship on the guitar is always phenomenal, and Blades truly knows how to be a frontman. Having never seen NR in the 80's, I have always wondered why Keagy is on the side of the stage. I admire him for singing and playing the skins at the same time a la Collins and Henley, but I've just always wondered why he's on the side?

Coolest part of the gig may have been when each of the guys was talking about their first concert: Kelly-The Doors; Gillis-Zeppelin & The Tubes (and I thought I have seen some shitty opening bands); Jack-Monkees & Hendrix; Christian-VH; Joel-Maiden!
mrsromek
45 RPM

Re: NR can still rock in America!

Postby LtVanish » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:18 am

mrsromek wrote:NR was great tonight! All the hits were played, as well as acoustic renditions of High Enough & Roadhouse Blues. Coming of Age was also done, and may have been the hilight for me.

What always amazes me about these guys live is their energy. Gillis' musicianship on the guitar is always phenomenal, and Blades truly knows how to be a frontman. Having never seen NR in the 80's, I have always wondered why Keagy is on the side of the stage. I admire him for singing and playing the skins at the same time a la Collins and Henley, but I've just always wondered why he's on the side?

Coolest part of the gig may have been when each of the guys was talking about their first concert: Kelly-The Doors; Gillis-Zeppelin & The Tubes (and I thought I have seen some shitty opening bands); Jack-Monkees & Hendrix; Christian-VH; Joel-Maiden!

I am pretty sure Kelly drums on the side so when he sings he is facing the crowd. The show was excellent by far the best set i have seen from Night Ranger in all the times I have seen them. You are correct that Blades is truely a great frontman, very fun to watch.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby mrsromek » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:38 pm

I got to thinking today....I think NR should add some Damn Yankees from their second album to their set. Which song/s, I have no idea...just a thought.

I like Silence is Broken (as it's featured in the Van Damme movie, Nowhere to Run), but I think Shaw has the lead in that one.
mrsromek
45 RPM

Postby LtVanish » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:09 pm

mrsromek wrote:I got to thinking today....I think NR should add some Damn Yankees from their second album to their set. Which song/s, I have no idea...just a thought.

I like Silence is Broken (as it's featured in the Van Damme movie, Nowhere to Run), but I think Shaw has the lead in that one.

Always nice to hear DY songs but I would like to hear more NR songs. The accoustic part was cool when they played their first concert songs, but it would of been better to play 2 more NR songs during all the time that took up. Makes me feel a bit cheated at a free show even. Especially when they completely ignore their last 2 albums.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby mrsromek » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:54 am

Good point. The problem for NR is that probably 75% of the people that go and see them at festivals in the US in the summer don't even know they still made an album a few years ago. They want to hear the 80's hits, which they get, and then there's that 50% of the crowd that go "oh yeah, I remember hearing about that band Damn Yankees, and oh yeah, I do remember seeing that little guy with the sunglasses on when I saw their videos on MTV."
mrsromek
45 RPM

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees