New album i 2011!!!

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

New album i 2011!!!

Postby Seven Wishes2 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:46 am

Woo woo! My favorite band is back in the studio!

Now, let's hope it's more along the lines of the first 3 records or Neverland. Hole in the sun was...well...ugh. Horrible.
Seven Wishes2
Cassette Tape

Postby Real rock fan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:12 am

Alway good to hear a new Night Ranger album, preferably with Jeff Watson.

They need to tour the UK as they`re one of the only of my favourite bands I`ve never seen!

Can`t beat the first three classic albums, Hole In The Sun had some very good moments but was slightly disappointing overall.
Real rock fan
Ol' 78

Postby Seven Wishes2 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:55 am

This just in: the album consists of 12 Neal Sedaka covers! Hell yeah!!!
Seven Wishes2
Cassette Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:40 am

Seven Wishes wrote:This just in: the album consists of 12 Neal Sedaka covers! Hell yeah!!!

You're nuts. From the opening riff of "Tell Your Vision", the cd pretty much rocks.

Sure there may be 2 or 3 fillers on there.

Revelation 4AM is classic Night Ranger! My favorite tune by them since the 80's.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby JohnH » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:51 am

Hole in the Sun horrible?????????????????? I play it all the time it's totally brililant. That's crazy! I like every song.

I just met Kelly at Namm and told him I thought it was their best since the first two. He was extremely cool to meet- a great guy. I just walked up to him to tell him how much I loved the album (which I did with Jack a year or two ago) and we ended up talking for ten minutes. Kelly is so cool! I told I thought maybe Jeff tried to take over when they made the album, and so they got rid of him, but he said it was more of a matter of Jeff wanting to do other things and he didn't want to tour. He didn't duck the answer like Brad does.

For every great thing, there will be someone who says it sucks, no biggy, that is life. I even saw a post a year ago or so on You tube that said the amazingly talented- late great keyboardist TLavitz is "one of the worst keyboardists in the world."
:oops:
JohnH
8 Track

Postby Seven Wishes2 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:53 pm

I've been trying to wrap my ears around this album for a year now.

I loved "Neverland" and I hope that's the direction they go in this time, with the notable exception of not starting the album off with a run-of-the-mill ballad such as "Forever All Over Again," but rather with a classic rocker like my all-time favorite "As Always I Remain".
Seven Wishes2
Cassette Tape

Postby JohnH » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:29 pm

It's cool everybody has different tastes, it happens. People love the new Lukather album but I can't get into it at all and thought Ever Changing and Falling In Between are among his best stuff.

Putting it away and will give it another chance again in a few months.
JohnH
8 Track

Postby sniper16 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:55 am

didnt like most of it, dont like the vocal style jacks using, hope he returns to his normal one
sniper16
8 Track

Postby domino65 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:56 pm

Seven Wishes wrote:I've been trying to wrap my ears around this album for a year now.

I loved "Neverland" and I hope that's the direction they go in this time, with the notable exception of not starting the album off with a run-of-the-mill ballad such as "Forever All Over Again," but rather with a classic rocker like my all-time favorite "As Always I Remain".

Yeah Neverland was their best release after reunion. Hole in the sun is just ok. My fave NR album is Man in Motion , definetely!
The bitch bends over and i forget my name!
domino65
Ol' 78

Postby Seven Wishes2 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:31 am

Dawn Patrol, by a fraction over Madness and Neverland.
Seven Wishes2
Cassette Tape

Postby RockInDetroit » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:59 pm

Hole in the Sun was WAY better than Neverland. Neverland had only three good songs on it. Hole in the Sun was in my opinion strong all the way through. THe sound is a little different, but I like it when a bad takes chances as long as it is good. Night Ranger's worst cd is Seven, but Neverland is the runner up if you ask me. Are you saying Neverland is even better than Big Life and Man in Motion?????
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby RockInDetroit » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:26 am

JohnH wrote:Hole in the Sun horrible?????????????????? I play it all the time it's totally brililant. That's crazy! I like every song.

I just met Kelly at Namm and told him I thought it was their best since the first two. He was extremely cool to meet- a great guy. I just walked up to him to tell him how much I loved the album (which I did with Jack a year or two ago) and we ended up talking for ten minutes. Kelly is so cool! I told I thought maybe Jeff tried to take over when they made the album, and so they got rid of him, but he said it was more of a matter of Jeff wanting to do other things and he didn't want to tour. He didn't duck the answer like Brad does.

For every great thing, there will be someone who says it sucks, no biggy, that is life. I even saw a post a year ago or so on You tube that said the amazingly talented- late great keyboardist TLavitz is "one of the worst keyboardists in the world."

John the Jeff thing was not as simple as Kelly lead you to believe. I got Jeff's version. That being said there are two sides to every story...and it is none of my business.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby RockInDetroit » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:26 am

JohnH wrote:Hole in the Sun horrible?????????????????? I play it all the time it's totally brililant. That's crazy! I like every song.

John the Jeff thing was not as simple as Kelly lead you to believe. I got Jeff's version. That being said there are two sides to every story...and it is none of my business.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby JohnH » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Seven Wishes wrote:This just in: the album consists of 12 Neal Sedaka covers! Hell yeah!!!

When I saw the name Neal, I thought that was going to say 12 Neal Schon covers!

LOL.
JohnH
8 Track

Postby JohnH » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:14 pm

Thanks Rock in Detroit. It may be that the band has their stories they tell to diffuse the reality. Brad just totally stonewalls anybody that brings it up in interviews.
JohnH
8 Track

Postby Seven Wishes2 » Thu May 12, 2011 6:58 am

Saw the show in Smithtown, NC, last Saturday - fantastic show, amazing! They played some stuff I hadn't heard live since the Neverland tour in '97. Jack was his usual enigmatic, energetic self. Joel is AMAZING - he looks just like Sebastian Bach and he can flat out shred. Kelly was suffering from a head cold, and his range was pretty diminished, which is why I think they played more of the Jack material than usual. I have some clips I'll post soon. These guys still flat-out rock, balls to the wall. And I'm fucking PUMPED about the new record. Journey, Night Ranger, the Outfield, John Waite, Def Leppard, and Van Halen all releasing albums in 2011!!!!
Seven Wishes2
Cassette Tape

Re: New album i 2011!!!

Postby BBKlima » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:16 am

Seven Wishes wrote:Woo woo! My favorite band is back in the studio!

Now, let's hope it's more along the lines of the first 3 records or Neverland. Hole in the sun was...well...ugh. Horrible.

Horrible? Wow. I thought it pretty solid myself.

Anyway, pre-ordered Somewhere in California. Will buy the MP3 version on Tuesday.

NIGHT RANGER ROCKS!!!
BBKlima
Ol' 78

Somewhere hitting amazon

Postby domino65 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:48 am

Man, the new cd is selling much more than the previews. Here is the Amazon chart:
# Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #95 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)

* #44 in Music > Rock
* #91 in Music > Pop

It's quite 20 years since i haven't seen any NR cds in any the top100 chart!
The bitch bends over and i forget my name!
domino65
Ol' 78

Postby sniper16 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:28 pm

the new cd does rock, the chuncky guitar sound is mostly gone, still something in jacks shouting/singing, but the songs are good first listen through
sniper16
8 Track

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees