Burgettstown Aug 27 - 2011 concert info?

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

Burgettstown Aug 27 - 2011 concert info?

Postby lfhlaw » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:58 am

Anyone headed down to see Night Ranger to do the the Meet and Greet?

Also, when does Night ranger play in the order of the bands...assuming Journey is top bill and last.
and how long are they getting to play?
lfhlaw
Radio Waves

Postby RockInDetroit » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:23 pm

Night Ranger plays first, which is really an injustise. Not only are the they best live act of the three....they are the only one with the original singer(s). Foreigner has just one original member (the guitarist). it just goes to show how stupid people are and that you can just label something and they don't care how authentic it is. I expect Night Ranger to play no more than 45 minutes, that and the cost of the show are making me lean towards skipping and I have seen Night Ranger every time they have played within two hours of my house. I won't get lawn tickets for anything.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby lfhlaw » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:39 am

Well, then I guess i get to listen to the hits....again... and not much more. Ugh! I do prefer it when they play longer sets. I saw them last year when they were at the Station Square amphitheater. It was a very cool concert. I will say this. It will be interesting to meet Hoesktra and Eric Levy(the new keyboard player). And to see what they do play and how it is played considering the new keyboardist. Don't expect a ton of piano, keyboard songs.

what i would love to hear played live: Call my Name

what I don't like to hear being played but they'll probably play: High Enough, Coming of Age
(this is only because it prevents 2 original Night Ranger songs from being played)

I'll probably take a huge break during Foreigner considering.....it's like a cover band with a diff't singer. I'll come back for Journey but who knows how long.
lfhlaw
Radio Waves

Postby Hollywood » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:05 am

lfhlaw wrote:Well, then I guess i get to listen to the hits....again... and not much more. Ugh! I do prefer it when they play longer sets. I saw them last year when they were at the Station Square amphitheater. It was a very cool concert. I will say this. It will be interesting to meet Hoesktra and Eric Levy(the new keyboard player). And to see what they do play and how it is played considering the new keyboardist. Don't expect a ton of piano, keyboard songs.

what i would love to hear played live: Call my Name

what I don't like to hear being played but they'll probably play: High Enough, Coming of Age
(this is only because it prevents 2 original Night Ranger songs from being played)

I'll probably take a huge break during Foreigner considering.....it's like a cover band with a diff't singer. I'll come back for Journey but who knows how long.

This is something you'll get to hear on disc if they quit pushing back the live disc from 1984. It is a budget line release so it should be cheap to obtain.
"We Were Born To Be Loved'"
Hollywood
LP

Postby RedWingFan » Thu May 12, 2011 12:35 am

lfhlaw wrote:I'll probably take a huge break during Foreigner considering.....it's like a cover band with a diff't singer. I'll come back for Journey but who knows how long.

Dude, BIG MISTAKE. Saw Foreigner play an acoustic show in April. Kelly Hansen is the real deal. He's gonna bring it. I love Night Ranger, but I'm expecting the most from Foreigner because of KH...with Journey bringing up the rear.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby RockInDetroit » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:18 pm

Who cares if Kelly Hansen is the real deal? Foreigner used to be a band now it's the Mick Jones project. Nighrt Ranger should not be opening for a cover band.

As for Call My Name live, you can find the CD Night Ranger Live in America on Ebay. It is the King Biscuit show from 1984 and has two songs that never appeared on a Night Ranger cd on it.

Call My Name used to be a regular at many Night Ranger shows. I believe it is also on the 7 Wishes live video which was released on VHS many years ago.
RockInDetroit
LP

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees