Night Ranger's new "Growing Up In California" vide

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

Night Ranger's new "Growing Up In California" vide

Postby G.I.Jim » Tue May 17, 2011 9:51 am

Check this out! Sounds pretty cool to me, but I must say, the sound is much more modern than I thought we were getting. :? Don't get me wrong... it's still cool! Just wish it had a more classic sound. Hope you like it. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6CfEKIu ... r_embedded
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby JohnH » Tue May 17, 2011 2:08 pm

Wow that was awesome!!!!! This sounds like vintage NR to me.
JohnH
8 Track

Postby RockInDetroit » Fri May 20, 2011 11:21 pm

I liked the song and the video. The video was just awesome and I am sure it helped with me liking the song. My only concern is that I hope this isn't another Seven. First impressions are good, but Seven lacked the hooks. It's odd because I thought Hole In The Sun (although more modern) had the hooks so I remain optimistic.

What got me about the earlier cds is that the quality went form the first singles all the way down to the lesser popular songs. Again very optimistic I hope that each and every song was given it's proper attention.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby Rocker Chic » Fri May 20, 2011 11:27 pm

RockInDetroit wrote:I liked the song and the video. The video was just awesome and I am sure it helped with me liking the song. My only concern is that I hope this isn't another Seven. First impressions are good, but Seven lacked the hooks. It's odd because I thought Hole In The Sun (although more modern) had the hooks so I remain optimistic.

What got me about the earlier cds is that the quality went form the first singles all the way down to the lesser popular songs. Again very optimistic I hope that each and every song was given it's proper attention.

For me, it's the opposite: I dug the shit out of "Seven" but absolutely hated "HitS"!

I really like the music in the new single, but think the lyrics/subject matter of the song is a bit juvenile for their age and stage of their career. If the rest of the album shows their maturity and writing skills a bit more, I will probably overlook this minor detraction and enjoy the whole album.

Can't wait to hear it, but I really miss Jeff Watson. The double-axe attach of him and Brad were utterly amazing!

Debbie
Rocker Chic
8 Track

Postby sniper16 » Sat May 21, 2011 4:24 am

i just dont like jacks vocal style in night ranger since seven, and im tired of the chuncky guitar sound
this is nowhere near classic sound night ranger, the songs not bad, its funny he doesnt sing like that live.
sniper16
8 Track

Postby RockInDetroit » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:00 am

It's weird how everyone has different tastes. I am ok with it if a band wants to try something different but too often they abandon the hooks and say that because they now produce their own cds without much record company pressure they abandon the "commericial" sound. To me that is a band sayin they are making a cd without melodic hooks. The meaning of hit (even Commericial) is GOOD....in my opinion. I loved Hole In the Sun because it had hooks. Too me the first 5 songs and last 2 were fantastic. Seven was garbage. Sure it had it's rocking moments but tell me which songs on that cd had any hooks?
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby domino65 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:21 pm

the song rocks. hope get some airplay too. some classic rock stations (kggo and some others) are givin' the song some spins. Hope it get the success it deserve.
The bitch bends over and i forget my name!
domino65
Radio Waves

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees