Time of Our Lives

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

Time of Our Lives

Postby domino65 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:50 pm

I think this is one of the best NR ballads ever. If this song came out in mid 80's sure would have been a #1 hit. Hope they will release it as a single.
The bitch bends over and i forget my name!
domino65
Ol' 78

Postby Aaron » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:06 am

Dude, I'm with you. It is an EXCELLENT song and arguably the best on their new cd.

If they don't play this song at Indy, I'll be the guy up front flipping them the bird. :)
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby RockInDetroit » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:21 am

Aaron wrote:Dude, I'm with you. It is an EXCELLENT song and arguably the best on their new cd.

If they don't play this song at Indy, I'll be the guy up front flipping them the bird. :)

I think the song is ok, but it is no Good-Bye or Sentimental Street....and honestly I like There is Life better.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby Aaron » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:32 am

Interesting. I hadn't heard that song in a long time. I think Time of Our Lives is a harder edged song thank Good-Bye or Sentimental Street. It also has more overdriven guitars and more layered vocals which turn my crank. There is Life isn't bad for sure but it doesn't rock as hard as Time of Our Lives. IMHO, Time of Our Lives knocks it out of the ballpark. The others are good songs for sure too.

RockInDetroit wrote:
Aaron wrote:Dude, I'm with you. It is an EXCELLENT song and arguably the best on their new cd.

I think the song is ok, but it is no Good-Bye or Sentimental Street....and honestly I like There is Life better.
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby RockInDetroit » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:15 pm

I guess our definitions of what makes a great ballad is different. You feel it has to be hard edged. I think it should be smooth and catchy. Of course a guitar solo thrown in there. I'll use Hearts Away as an example. The first half of that song was great..ranked right up there, but then it was all guitar solos. A guitar solo is nice but a ballad should not be all about guitars....in my opinion. Goodbye and Sentimental Street are fantastic NR songs...actually I do not like how NR has replaced them in the set with a Damn Yankees ballad....one in my opinion that is not anywhere as good.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby Aaron » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Hey man, they're all good songs. We have different tastes in the details but I like them all. I agree, they shouldn't be playing any DY songs with a 7 song set. They didn't play Time of our Lives. :-( They only played Lay It On Me at the Indy show. I wished they would have played more off of their new cd and dropped the DY cover. They also did a change to an Eagles' song for a few bars on one song. That sucked too and the crowd didn't get it.

With all that being said, they sounded GREAT and were the best of the three in Indy IMHO. Their sound guy deserves credit as the mix sounded very good. Jack and Kelly sounded great and Brad was killer on the guitar. Their songs were in the original key and the guys were having fun on stage. I need to see them on their own so I can hear more from them.

During the Foreigner and Journey sets, you couldn't tell if Mick Jones and Jon Cain were alive or dead. Mick was clearly in retirement mode. I thought an amubulance was going to come in with the paddles at any time to wake Mick up. Jeez

Night Ranger carried the night ....
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Fernando Ramirez » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:54 am

I also felt this song was the best on the CD...I got chills listening to the awesome melody. And Kelly sounds FANTASTIC on it. Not to mention the AWESOME as hell solo by Brad.

But I love the WHOLE new CD... bought it from Amazon ('cause none of the retailers here carried it)!

Confession: I've played this song more than the others!
Fernando Ramirez
45 RPM

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees