Rubicon

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

Rubicon

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:00 pm

I've heard that years ago a few members of Night Ranger had a band called "Rubicon" that later became Night Ranger.

Does anyone know if there are any recordings of any kind of "Rubicon?" Any demos or bootlegs or anything like that?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:11 pm

After I posted this thread I found out a little bit about "Rubicon." It would appear that they had 2 albums out back in the late 1970's.

I'm still interested in some background on the band, though.

Are those 2 albums hard to find? Do they sound anything like Night Ranger?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Don » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:24 am

Don
Super Audio CD

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:31 am

Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Re: Rubicon

Postby RockInDetroit » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:19 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:I've heard that years ago a few members of Night Ranger had a band called "Rubicon" that later became Night Ranger.

Does anyone know if there are any recordings of any kind of "Rubicon?" Any demos or bootlegs or anything like that?

If you ask me the Rubicon stuff was awful. I have the Lps. While Jack and Brad were in the band...Kelly I don't believe is on the recordings. Jack same like one song...they had another signer and he was not my style. Don't waste your time tracking it down...sounds nothing like Night Ranger....or Rock N Roll for that matter. The best thing about the lps is one of them has early pictures of Jack and Brad. Jack looked like a nerd. Hawaiian Shirt and glasses. Brad looked so young he looked like a teenager. Worth it for the picture not the music.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby RockInDetroit » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:15 am

Here is a photo of Rubicon (Brad and Jack). Never seen Kelly in any photos. More are online. Jack got a makeover before Night Ranger. LOL.

RockInDetroit
LP

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees