New album and video

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

New album and video

Postby BBKlima » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:14 am

So.....

The big questions is do we get a classic Night Ranger CD, or do they do a Seven / Hole In The Sun change up?

I personally love HitS. I also think Seven was a good release. Of the post-reunion albums I would rank them like this:

1. Neverland
2. Somewhere In California
3. Hole In The Sun
4. Seven

Maybe Neverland is #1 just because it was the first release by the OG lineup in 8 years. IDK, I l just loved that CD. The solo for New York Time had me hooked right from the get-go.
BBKlima
Ol' 78

Re: New album and video

Postby RockInDetroit » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:05 pm

In order of my preference:

California
Hole In The Sun
Neverland
Seven

California is the strongest of the 4 top to bottom. Grown Up in California is my favorite tune of the 4 cds.

Neverland in my opinion has only 3 good songs: Neverland, Forever all Over Again, and New York Time. To me Jack's time away from Night Ranger changed many things about the sound. It sounded more Damn Yankees in a way. Jack's singing changed and not enough Kelly songs.

Seven is a mess. Missing hooks. I personally hate this cd because to me it signaled that the old Night Ranger was gone. The writing style on this cd was even different.

Hole in the Sun has a different vibe to it but many quality songs. I don't mind when bands do something new but you need hooks and Night Ranger did have them on this cd. There are some songs I did not like, but overall a strong cd. I can skip over the bad tracks.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby RumTumJM » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:52 am

I put this on the Noticeboard, but I guess it's worth it to put it here, too.

Here is the new EPK for the album. You get to hear a little of High Road & Knock Knock Never Stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ51eY23DAE#t=123

High Road sounds...different. Knock Knock sounds KILLER. (But, is that autotune on Jack's voice at the beginning or just a doubling effect?)
RumTumJM
45 RPM

Postby BBKlima » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:47 pm

Holy crap, the new album sounds incredible!

CAN'T WAIT FOR JUNE 10!
BBKlima
Ol' 78

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees