Recent Set List - Are They Doing the Same Shite?

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

Recent Set List - Are They Doing the Same Shite?

Postby Aaron » Fri May 05, 2017 12:03 pm

Has anyone saw them lately? If so, would you mind sharing a set list? I love the last 3 records but they choose to play all classics and DY along with fkn covers! Are they playing any new stuff? I love their show and energy but I've seen the same set list the last 4 shows and I really want to see some new stuff off the last 3 record. The last 3 have been better than the classics IMO.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Re: Recent Set List - Are They Doing the Same Shite?

Postby BBKlima » Wed May 24, 2017 9:52 pm

Driving into work today I was listening to Big Life. I would give my eye teeth to hear them do Rain Comes Crashing Down instead of SOMS.

Lose the covers too, and add back in tunes like Night Ranger, and something off of Man in Motion. (Would love to hear Don't Start Thinking I'm Alone Tonight!)

They have to do the classic hits, but that doesn't mean that can't do a few more off of the other albums.
BBKlima
Ol' 78

Postby paste » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:57 am

Saw them last night and even without a keys player, Eric's wife had a baby the night before, they played their standard set with nothing newer than Secret of My Success: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/night-ranger/2017/old-shawnee-days-shawnee-ks-3be70cb4.html
paste
Radio Waves

Postby Aaron » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:01 pm

sigh... nothing new.
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby RockInDetroit » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:43 am

I saw them do a free show in Detroit two weeks ago. They do Somehow Someway and the same setlist with Jack saying the same exact thing he has said the last 10 times I have seen them. You get the two DY songs, Alice song, Ozzy Song, and Don't Tell Me You Love Me (with Highway Star). Still get Touch of Madness as the first song. Honestly I thought the guys even looked bored this time.

Each tour they pick one song of the new cd dropping the new song from the last cd.....so High Road is gone.

I kind of enjoyed the Chicago Show DVD. It was all Night Ranger songs. The real live shows don't interest me anymore.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby RockInDetroit » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:45 am

BBKlima wrote:Driving into work today I was listening to Big Life. I would give my eye teeth to hear them do Rain Comes Crashing Down instead of SOMS.

Lose the covers too, and add back in tunes like Night Ranger, and something off of Man in Motion. (Would love to hear Don't Start Thinking I'm Alone Tonight!)

They have to do the classic hits, but that doesn't mean that can't do a few more off of the other albums.

Exactly, they could do some lesser know songs if they got rid of the covers.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby Aaron » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:10 am

Agree 100% and thanks for your feedback on latest set list.

RockInDetroit wrote:
BBKlima wrote:Driving into work today I was listening to Big Life. I would give my eye teeth to hear them do Rain Comes Crashing Down instead of SOMS.

Exactly, they could do some lesser know songs if they got rid of the covers.
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Seven Wishes » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:03 am

Just saw them in SC last Friday. As usual, the performance was stratospheric, and the chemistry was amazing.

BUT...

They should have axed the covers - two Styx songs, since DDY was on the DL with a "sore throat" - the horrendous rendition of "Boys of Summer" and the obligatory Alice Cooper...added in "As Always I Remain," "Time of Our Lives," Kelly Keagy's "I'm Alive," as well as "Reason to Be" and "Rain Comes Crashing Down". And, for fuck's sake, how the hell can you cut "Eddie" from your set list? WTF?
Seven Wishes
Ol' 78

Postby Aaron » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:37 pm

Crap, sounds like it's getting worse. The wife and I have been looking to travel out to see them, sounds like its not worth the effort.

It's hard to believe their set list is bad when their last 3 CD's are so good. :cry:
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby jimbeamblack » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:56 pm

Just cutting "Secret of my Success" and adding "Why Does Love Have To Change" or "Call My Name" would be great...
jimbeamblack
Radio Waves

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees