Man In Motion

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

Man In Motion

Postby TageRyche » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:55 am

I wrote my latest Cassette Chronicles article on the band's 1988 album Man In Motion.
TageRyche
LP

Re: Man In Motion

Postby BBKlima » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:58 pm

Interesting take. I found a few things interesting in your review:

1) That you were a fan for Midnight Madness and 7 Wishes, but not later. I think this was Night Ranger's problem in the late 80s. For whatever reason many of their "fans" moved on. Maybe it was Guns N Roses? Maybe it was that you had either be full out pop or full out metal, and their blend of the two didn't find an audience. I've never really been sure, but both Big Life and Man In Motion were awesome releases by a very talented band.

2) You hardly even mention Don't Start Thinking I'm Alone Tonight, which is my favorite track off the album. Reminds me a lot of Whey You Close Your Eyes.

3) A couple of asides. Man In Motion was originally Mad Emotion, but the band thought Kelly sounded like he was sing man in motion so they changed it. I still hear him saying Mad Emotion though. Also, the song I DId It For Love was not written by the band. The label insisted they record it as the first single. The band decided to make it as heavy as they could and when the record label heard the finished product they were so peeved they pulled all marketing for the album.

I've loved that album for 29 years.
BBKlima
Ol' 78

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees