Rush for KISS

All The Highlights Of That Headlong Flight

Moderator: Andrew

Rush for KISS

Postby Liam » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:49 am

I'm headed to KISS later this afternoon, and I loaded my phone with a bunch of Rush for the roadtrip. :lol:
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Re: Rush for KISS

Postby MCM » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:34 pm

Liam wrote:I'm headed to KISS later this afternoon, and I loaded my phone with a bunch of Rush for the roadtrip. :lol:

Review please :) I see this show in September, I'm hearing good and bad but still looking forward to it.
Image[/URL] Image
MCM
45 RPM

Postby Liam » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:19 am

Crue SUCKED. Vince sounded like shit. Plus...they opened with Saints Of LA, which, let's face it, who knows it? Die hards.

KISS on the other hand ROCKED. This was my first time seeing 'em, so it was a mindfuck for me. lol

Sorry for such a crap review, but I'm still tired and a bit hungover. :lol:
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby JrnyScarab » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:11 pm

Liam wrote:Crue SUCKED. Vince sounded like shit. Plus...they opened with Saints Of LA, which, let's face it, who knows it? Die hards.

KISS on the other hand ROCKED. This was my first time seeing 'em, so it was a mindfuck for me. lol

Saw Kiss 36 years ago back when I was 17. The good ol days with the original members. It was totally mindblowing. One of the best SHOWS I have ever seen. They were also the LOUDEST band I've ever seen to this day. The opening band was "The Rockets". We were 3/4 of the way back on the floor at the Providence Civic Center in Rhode Island. The Rockets were pretty damn loud but we didn't know what was about to hit us.

After their set, all of a sudden, we heard a roadie test out one of Kiss's guitars through the PA system. ONE guitar was louder than the whole opening band :shock: . When Kiss commenced to play, I tried cupping my hands around my buddy's ears and yelled as loud as I could, but he could not hear a single thing I was saying.

After the show on the ride home, we had the radio on but could barely hear it. We reached down to turn it up only to find out the volume was already ALL THE WAY UP :shock: :shock:

Damaged my hearing forever I'm afraid, but well worth it :lol: :lol:
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby MCM » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Liam wrote:Crue SUCKED. Vince sounded like shit. Plus...they opened with Saints Of LA, which, let's face it, who knows it? Die hards.

This seems to be the opposite of what I've been hearing. Proof that everyone goes to their own show. Sad, but most people don't even know Crue released the SoLA album. I wasn't that bad really, I like bits of it. I'm looking forward to both bands, hopefully Crue will not suck her in 'da burn, Besides Pittsburgh gets this show on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, how can you not go when you've got a long weekend.
Image[/URL] Image
MCM
45 RPM

Postby livin2do » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Saw the tour last week here in PHX. I loved that Crue opened with SOLA, which I found to be a great return to form record for them. I first saw Crue on Cruefest a few years back, and let me tell you - Vince was A LOT better sounding this time around. He was nails on a chalkboard bad on the Cruefest tour. This was a good show for casual fans (like me, admittedly), as they played all the radio hits and barely touched on lesser known tracks.

KISS was fun, of course. I had been boycotting their tours because I saw the farewell tour with Ace and Peter back in 2000 I think. The show is such a spectacle - always has been. But you can really hear that Paul's voice has had its better days, and if I am not mistaken I think they let Tommy or Eric take over vocals for him on a couple songs. I could deal with hearing some of the less obvious choices from them, but it was good considering they only had about an hour and a half to play. I'd like to see a longer set that includes Strutter, Hard Luck Woman or Deuce. Still a good time!
livin2do
45 RPM

Postby Liam » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:50 am

Glad ya had a good Crue show. Glad it was only Houston then.
Liam

Liam
MP3

Return to Rush