Entre Nous

All The Highlights Of That Headlong Flight

Moderator: Andrew

Entre Nous

Postby JRNYMAN » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:40 am

Listening to PW today and had forgotten how much I like Entre Nous. Granted it's not the most intricate or complex of their catalog it's just a cool little tune with a kind of sweet melody and a few very cool phrases. The opening line, "We are secrets to each other, each one's life a novel no one else has read..." was my sig in a different forum for the longest time. One of my daughters happened to see one of my posts a few years back and after reading my sig said to me, "That's pretty cool! It's so...... so..... I don't know what the word is..." "Profound...?" I said, and for her it was one of those epiphany moments where you'd swear you can literally see a light bulb come on... :lol: :lol: "Yeah.... profound. That's it! I never really knew what that word meant 'til now." :lol: 8) 8)

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is especially fond of it as well. And by "it" i mean Entre Nous. Liam, was kind enough to point out my vagueness as to that question. :oops: :oops: :lol:
Last edited by JRNYMAN on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
JRNYMAN
Cassette Tape

Postby Liam » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:29 am

Neil's lyrics that hit me the most?? Or Entre Nous?

Lyrics: There are so many to choose from, that I don't know if I could pick one without bleeding into another.....except for Afterimage. That's the first song I listened to after my best friend, Billy died. Kind of eerie that THAT was the next song in my car stereo when I was leaving the hospital. And it had already gone through the intro, so "Suddenly you were gone....from all the lives you left your mark upon" was the first thing I hear.

Entre Nous: Great song, but I don't think that was one of the ones that HIT me, ya know?
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby JRNYMAN » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:53 am

Liam wrote:Neil's lyrics that hit me the most?? Or Entre Nous?

Lyrics: There are so many to choose from, that I don't know if I could pick one without bleeding into another.....except for Afterimage. That's the first song I listened to after my best friend, Billy died. Kind of eerie that THAT was the next song in my car stereo when I was leaving the hospital. And it had already gone through the intro, so "Suddenly you were gone....from all the lives you left your mark upon" was the first thing I hear.

Entre Nous: Great song, but I don't think that was one of the ones that HIT me, ya know?
Sorry... I guess I was kinda vague there...
I meant Entre Nous specifically. Geez... that would be a most difficult question to ask (and expect any single answer from anyone) to cite a specific lyric or phrase by Neil - Damn! makes my head hurt just to think of thinking about that one! :lol: :lol:
Liam wrote:And it had already gone through the intro, so "Suddenly you were gone....from all the lives you left your mark upon" was the first thing I hear.
Dayummmm! That's fairly spooky! I can just imagine the look on your face and your overall reaction! I would have probably wrecked the car or, at the very least would have had to pull over and stop freaking the fuck out! :shock: :lol:
JRNYMAN
Cassette Tape

Postby Liam » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:16 am

Luckily, I was still parked, getting my seatbelt on and everything, then BOOM. And I WOULD'VE wrecked with the way I reacted.
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby JRNYMAN » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:12 am

Liam wrote: And I WOULD'VE wrecked with the way I reacted.
So, I'm guessing you did more than raise your eyebrows with curiosity? :lol: :lol: :shock:
JRNYMAN
Cassette Tape

Postby Liam » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:13 am

Slammin' my head on the steering wheel and broken down might've done it.
Liam

Liam
MP3

Return to Rush