Chickenfoot Rocks!

Ed+Al+Wolf+Dave-Mike(Sammy+Gary=0)=2012 Tour+CD=fans(money)

Moderator: Andrew

Chickenfoot Rocks!

Postby Eyeof » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Nuff Said! Thanks Sammy...Thanks Mikey for keeping 'it' going!
User avatar
Eyeof
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 10:35 pm

Postby cittadeeno23 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 am

Excellent Album. Every single track. Love those Sammy/Mikey harmonies!
cittadeeno23
LP
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:13 am
Location: San Jose, California

Postby ltbob » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:58 am

I have both cds,very rockin good stuff. Watched some live u tube, Joe doesnt suck at all,but he aint a hair on Eds ass....
ltbob
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:06 am

Postby AR » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Horrible live. Distorted and poor setlist. (1st tour). Can't speak for what is going on now. 2nd CD far better than the debut.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
User avatar
AR
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 8495
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:21 am

Postby G.I.Jim » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:24 pm

VH's new album mops the FLOOR with both CF albums combined! I listened to both Chickenfoot albums... ONCE. I haven't stopped listening to VH's new album for WEEKS!!! :D
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3
 
Posts: 10101
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: Your Momma's house

Postby mrsromek » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:07 am

I agree with GI Jim. I got all pumped up for Chickenfoot's second album. Bought it the day it went on sale. I've listened to it 3x total, maybe. Same deal with the new VH album. Each time I give it a new listen I get a new favorite or a different song grows on me. In my opinion, Blood and Fire from ADKOT is better than any song Chickenfoot did on album #2.
mrsromek
45 RPM
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:07 am

Postby Rick » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:45 am

G.I.Jim wrote:VH's new album mops the FLOOR with both CF albums combined! I listened to both Chickenfoot albums... ONCE. I haven't stopped listening to VH's new album for WEEKS!!! :D


I need to listen to the Chickenfoot albums start to finish to do a comparison, but I agree about VH's new album. It's all I listened to for I don't know how long, and I pimped the hell out of it at work to people who acted like they didn't know who VH is. Seriously? Fuckin troglodytes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
User avatar
Rick
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 16722
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:29 am
Location: Texas

Postby G.I.Jim » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:32 pm

mrsromek wrote:I agree with GI Jim. I got all pumped up for Chickenfoot's second album. Bought it the day it went on sale. I've listened to it 3x total, maybe. Same deal with the new VH album. Each time I give it a new listen I get a new favorite or a different song grows on me. In my opinion, Blood and Fire from ADKOT is better than any song Chickenfoot did on album #2.


I went into VH's new album very cautiously, and I honestly thought I would felt let down after I actually heard it. I was pleasantly surprised by it though, and I think it kicks ASS!! I don't care for 4 songs on the album and now I skip them, but for a band with this many wrinkles... this album is AMAZING!!! I really think everyone involved truly brought their "A" game, and I think they did a kick-ass job of writing a new album out of mostly older material, yet making it sound fairly current and STILL making it sound like it could have been the follow-up to 1984. :D I hope they get the itch to record another album, because this one smokes everything I've heard for the last couple of years! :wink:
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3
 
Posts: 10101
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: Your Momma's house

Postby JrnyScarab » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:07 pm

G.I.Jim wrote:
mrsromek wrote:I agree with GI Jim. I got all pumped up for Chickenfoot's second album. Bought it the day it went on sale. I've listened to it 3x total, maybe. Same deal with the new VH album. Each time I give it a new listen I get a new favorite or a different song grows on me. In my opinion, Blood and Fire from ADKOT is better than any song Chickenfoot did on album #2.


I went into VH's new album very cautiously, and I honestly thought I would felt let down after I actually heard it. I was pleasantly surprised by it though, and I think it kicks ASS!! I don't care for 4 songs on the album and now I skip them, but for a band with this many wrinkles... this album is AMAZING!!! I really think everyone involved truly brought their "A" game, and I think they did a kick-ass job of writing a new album out of mostly older material, yet making it sound fairly current and STILL making it sound like it could have been the follow-up to 1984. :D I hope they get the itch to record another album, because this one smokes everything I've heard for the last couple of years! :wink:


Totally agree with your sentiments. Went for a walk tonight and needed something to help me pick up the pace. Hit play on the new VH disk and voila! Picked up the pace just from how hard this CD rocks. It gets my adrenaline pumping like no other album I've heard in a Loooonnnng time. GREAT comeback album.
User avatar
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1136
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:19 am
Location: Merrimack, NH

Postby Rick » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:11 pm

G.I.Jim wrote:
mrsromek wrote:I agree with GI Jim. I got all pumped up for Chickenfoot's second album. Bought it the day it went on sale. I've listened to it 3x total, maybe. Same deal with the new VH album. Each time I give it a new listen I get a new favorite or a different song grows on me. In my opinion, Blood and Fire from ADKOT is better than any song Chickenfoot did on album #2.


I went into VH's new album very cautiously, and I honestly thought I would felt let down after I actually heard it. I was pleasantly surprised by it though, and I think it kicks ASS!! I don't care for 4 songs on the album and now I skip them, but for a band with this many wrinkles... this album is AMAZING!!! I really think everyone involved truly brought their "A" game, and I think they did a kick-ass job of writing a new album out of mostly older material, yet making it sound fairly current and STILL making it sound like it could have been the follow-up to 1984. :D I hope they get the itch to record another album, because this one smokes everything I've heard for the last couple of years! :wink:


It's like they took up where they left off with DLR. He's an excellently creative lyricist, where Sammy is fucking boring. You wanna talk about love? Or do you want to talk about if the doorbell sign says bring it, or don't ring it? I'm waaaaay in DLR's corner in the song writing category. Vocally, who fucking cares? When was Van Halen ever about vocals?
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
User avatar
Rick
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 16722
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:29 am
Location: Texas


Return to Van Halen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest