Chickenfoot Rocks!

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Chickenfoot Rocks!

Postby Eyeof » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Nuff Said! Thanks Sammy...Thanks Mikey for keeping 'it' going!
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby cittadeeno23 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 am

Excellent Album. Every single track. Love those Sammy/Mikey harmonies!
cittadeeno23
LP

Postby ltbob » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:58 am

I have both cds,very rockin good stuff. Watched some live u tube, Joe doesnt suck at all,but he aint a hair on Eds ass....
ltbob
Ol' 78

Postby AR » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Horrible live. Distorted and poor setlist. (1st tour). Can't speak for what is going on now. 2nd CD far better than the debut.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby G.I.Jim » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:24 pm

VH's new album mops the FLOOR with both CF albums combined! I listened to both Chickenfoot albums... ONCE. I haven't stopped listening to VH's new album for WEEKS!!! :D
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby mrsromek » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:07 am

I agree with GI Jim. I got all pumped up for Chickenfoot's second album. Bought it the day it went on sale. I've listened to it 3x total, maybe. Same deal with the new VH album. Each time I give it a new listen I get a new favorite or a different song grows on me. In my opinion, Blood and Fire from ADKOT is better than any song Chickenfoot did on album #2.
mrsromek
45 RPM

Postby Rick » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:45 am

G.I.Jim wrote:VH's new album mops the FLOOR with both CF albums combined! I listened to both Chickenfoot albums... ONCE. I haven't stopped listening to VH's new album for WEEKS!!! :D

I need to listen to the Chickenfoot albums start to finish to do a comparison, but I agree about VH's new album. It's all I listened to for I don't know how long, and I pimped the hell out of it at work to people who acted like they didn't know who VH is. Seriously? Fuckin troglodytes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby G.I.Jim » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:32 pm

mrsromek wrote:I agree with GI Jim. I got all pumped up for Chickenfoot's second album. Bought it the day it went on sale. I've listened to it 3x total, maybe. Same deal with the new VH album. Each time I give it a new listen I get a new favorite or a different song grows on me. In my opinion, Blood and Fire from ADKOT is better than any song Chickenfoot did on album #2.

I went into VH's new album very cautiously, and I honestly thought I would felt let down after I actually heard it. I was pleasantly surprised by it though, and I think it kicks ASS!! I don't care for 4 songs on the album and now I skip them, but for a band with this many wrinkles... this album is AMAZING!!! I really think everyone involved truly brought their "A" game, and I think they did a kick-ass job of writing a new album out of mostly older material, yet making it sound fairly current and STILL making it sound like it could have been the follow-up to 1984. :D I hope they get the itch to record another album, because this one smokes everything I've heard for the last couple of years! :wink:
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby JrnyScarab » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:07 pm

G.I.Jim wrote:
mrsromek wrote:I agree with GI Jim. I got all pumped up for Chickenfoot's second album. Bought it the day it went on sale. I've listened to it 3x total, maybe. Same deal with the new VH album. Each time I give it a new listen I get a new favorite or a different song grows on me. In my opinion, Blood and Fire from ADKOT is better than any song Chickenfoot did on album #2.

I went into VH's new album very cautiously, and I honestly thought I would felt let down after I actually heard it. I was pleasantly surprised by it though, and I think it kicks ASS!! I don't care for 4 songs on the album and now I skip them, but for a band with this many wrinkles... this album is AMAZING!!! I really think everyone involved truly brought their "A" game, and I think they did a kick-ass job of writing a new album out of mostly older material, yet making it sound fairly current and STILL making it sound like it could have been the follow-up to 1984. :D I hope they get the itch to record another album, because this one smokes everything I've heard for the last couple of years! :wink:

Totally agree with your sentiments. Went for a walk tonight and needed something to help me pick up the pace. Hit play on the new VH disk and voila! Picked up the pace just from how hard this CD rocks. It gets my adrenaline pumping like no other album I've heard in a Loooonnnng time. GREAT comeback album.
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Rick » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:11 pm

G.I.Jim wrote:

It's like they took up where they left off with DLR. He's an excellently creative lyricist, where Sammy is fucking boring. You wanna talk about love? Or do you want to talk about if the doorbell sign says bring it, or don't ring it? I'm waaaaay in DLR's corner in the song writing category. Vocally, who fucking cares? When was Van Halen ever about vocals?
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
Rick
Super Audio CD

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara