I wonder... has anyone here heard the album yet???

Ed+Al+Wolf+Dave-Mike(Sammy+Gary=0)=2012 Tour+CD=fans(money)

Moderator: Andrew

Postby Joe Vana » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:30 am

G.I.Jim wrote:
Andrew wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:
You dangle my song which I sent to you many months ago and threaten me with it every time you don't like something I say on here. It's obvious you don't care for me, and that's fine. This is a public music forum. You don't like my posts? that's fine too. You don't have to read them.

Oh for fucks sake. Not THIS shit again???

Dude, you are killing yourself publicly...you sound completely irrational to work with.

Big surprise that you and Eric pop in to give your two cents. :lol: Now go back and read what everyone else has stated about VH, then look at my remarks. Tell me why it was my post that he honed in on. If you don't think he was trying to provoke me... I've got some ocean front property for you.

Andrew, I'm a part-time musician who has a great career. Even if I DID do music for a living, I would never let myself be talked down to or degraded to make a buck. This is not the first time he has provoked me on here, and the only reason I posted it publicly is because he threatened not to work with me publicly over the whole Jeremey thing. I don't need someone like him. I don't NEED to make it in this business. I just do it for fun, and the way he has talked to me is ridiculous. The last time I spoke to him over the phone he talked like shit to me. "you sent a fucking MP3 file?????? Are you fucking CLUELESS???". Yeah... I'm apparently clueless enough to work with a complete self-obsorbed asshole.

Andrew, you say I must be irrational to work with, yet you've already "worked" with me. You completely hosed Alex and I over by promising to put us on the last album, and having us jump through hoops to get our song finished by your deadline just to have you blow us off afterwards and act like you forgot. You then act like I owe you a favor when you included us on the digital download, yet never even thanked us. We certainly didn't make a dime off of it, but you did. I'm sure it wasn't much, but that isn't the point.

I've also helped you raise money for this site (a few times), and have hardly received a thank you. Yet I'M irrational. :?

Have a nice day Jim!!
Last edited by Joe Vana on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The World was flat once....what happened??
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:33 am

Thunderdome!! Two men enter...one man leaves!!!
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby Eyeof » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:00 am

While you argue, Diamond Dave is having his way with your women damit!!!!
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby Joe Vana » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:29 am

Eyeof wrote:While you argue, Diamond Dave is having his way with your women damit!!!!

Hey Eyeof.....not mine!!!!

Haha....
The World was flat once....what happened??
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby G.I.Jim » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:36 am

verslibre wrote:Thunderdome!! Two men enter...one man leaves!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby G.I.Jim » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:39 am

Eyeof wrote:While you argue, Diamond Dave is having his way with your women damit!!!!

As long as he leaves some money on the nightstand... :lol: Either that, or slip me an early copy of their album and I'm good! :D
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby G.I.Jim » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:46 am

Eyeof wrote:Wow....not sure what this is all about....maybe it's time for Diamond Dave to come down and f@ck someone's girlfriend!

Just trying to lighten the mood!

By the way...I love Tattoo and bought my tix for the show on Saturday!

:lol: I was thinking about buying tickets, but with as many as I would need... I think I'll just get some lawn seats at the show and go early. I did that for the Sam/Dave tour and it was still a good night. The 7th can't get here quick enough!!
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby Behshad » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:27 pm

So gang banging Jim is a monthly thing now ?! :lol:
He's not evil like some of you trying to portray him to be.
Joe , last time Jim "manned up" and apologized , your turn this time man ;)
Behshad
MP3

Postby AR » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:45 am

Going to listen to it after dinner. 8)
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby G.I.Jim » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:47 am

AR wrote:Going to listen to it after dinner. 8)

You are gay Ed... so gay. :lol:
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby AR » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:21 am

G.I.Jim wrote:
AR wrote:Going to listen to it after dinner. 8)

You are gay Ed... so gay. :lol:

What do you think it took to get a hold of it?

AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Memorex » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am

Listening now. It's got really good parts and some that make me cringe. Half great/Half annoying. And i generally can take Dave for what he is. I respect him for trying and actually being the sane one for a change. But some things he shouldn't try to do/recreate.

Eddie should have been making music all these years. Such a waste of years. But at least he's great here.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby G.I.Jim » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:19 am

Memorex wrote:Listening now. It's got really good parts and some that make me cringe. Half great/Half annoying. And i generally can take Dave for what he is. I respect him for trying and actually being the sane one for a change. But some things he shouldn't try to do/recreate.

Eddie should have been making music all these years. Such a waste of years. But at least he's great here.

Great to hear!! I'm excited by these full versions, but can't wait to hear the album-quality versions. I can already tell by "Bullethead" that I don't like ALL of the songs, but so far I really like a bunch of them. :D
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby AR » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:22 am

Jim you will get a completely different impression than you did hearing the samples. Also always good to listen straight through in order as intended.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby G.I.Jim » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:39 am

AR wrote:Jim you will get a completely different impression than you did hearing the samples. Also always good to listen straight through in order as intended.

So do you like it more, or less after hearing the whole thing? I have to say... I don't care for "As Is", or "Bullethead" so far. I LOVE "Blood And Fire", "Tattoo", "The Trouble With Never" and "Beats Working For A Living" and "Outta Space". I do know from past experience though, that my opinion can definitely change after I hear the final product in the right order. :D
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby No Surprize » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:52 am

G.I.Jim wrote:
AR wrote:Jim you will get a completely different impression than you did hearing the samples. Also always good to listen straight through in order as intended.

So do you like it more, or less after hearing the whole thing? I have to say... I don't care for "As Is", or "Bullethead" so far. I LOVE "Blood And Fire", "Tattoo", "The Trouble With Never" and "Beats Working For A Living" and "Outta Space". I do know from past experience though, that my opinion can definitely change after I hear the final product in the right order. :D

I'm refusing to hear it until the 7th. I did hear Tattoo and the snippet of Blood and fire. I am going to be like a kid on christmas morning. I'll calmly drive down to the local mall, calmly walk in, calmly pick up and pay for it, calmly run walk back to my ride, rip the motherfucker open, put it on 40 and ROCK my a** all the way back home. Then I will calmly take it out, put in back in when I get inside and play it all day long, over and over and over. No one's gonna spoil my little part of the world on that day, NO ONE!
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby AR » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:56 am

G.I.Jim wrote:

I like it more.

Standouts:

She's The Woman
You And Your Blues
China Town
Blood And Fire
Outta Space (which I was hoping would make it. Original incarnation of it was "Let's Get Rockin" from the Gene Simmons demos which I have a copy of)
Last edited by AR on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby G.I.Jim » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:57 am

No Surprize wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:

I'm refusing to hear it until the 7th. I did hear Tattoo and the snippet of Blood and fire. I am going to be like a kid on christmas morning. I'll calmly drive down to the local mall, calmly walk in, calmly pick up and pay for it, calmly run walk back to my ride, rip the motherfucker open, put it on 40 and ROCK my a** all the way back home. Then I will calmly take it out, put in back in when I get inside and play it all day long, over and over and over. No one's gonna spoil my little part of the world on that day, NO ONE!

This shit had me rolling!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Unfortunately I'll be stuck in meetings all day and won't get to bust it out until I get off. Oh well, it'll be worth the wait. :D
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby G.I.Jim » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:58 am

AR wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:

I like it more.

Standouts:

She's The Woman
You And Your Blues
China Town
Blood And Fire
Outta Space (which I was hoping would make it. Original incarnation of it was "Let's Get Rockin" from the Gene Simmons demos which I have a copy of)

Damn... I forgot about "She's The Woman"! AWESOME track, and thanks for your opinion. :D
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby AR » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:49 pm

I've played it 3 times tonight. Fun listen. It's not Led Zeppelin IV or anything but it's a worthy addition to their catalog and in the year 2012 that is almost astounding.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby slucero » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:18 pm

Van Halen with Hagar = a fucking serious band

Van Halen with Roth = a fucking fun band

Both good in their own way...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby AR » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:21 pm

slucero wrote:Van Halen with Hagar = a fucking serious band

Van Halen with Roth = a fucking fun band

Both good in their own way...

Very good way of putting it :!:
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby mrsromek » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:56 pm

VH 1984 was the cassette that got me into music in 4th grade. Then, DLR left. I waited 20+ years hoping he'd come back into the fold and I could see VH together on stage again. Then EVH booted MA out. So, Wolfie's in. I paid a lot of money for a nosebleed seat to see 3/4 of VH in '07. I wasn't blown away, but it cool seeing what I envisioned as a kid (minus MA, of course).

It's funny how us fans become critics so quickly.

I've read some reviews and listened to a few YouTube snippets. I'll get the thing on Tuesday and play it a few times. It's 2012, and those guys (VH) will do what they want and obviously, they have. It's time to evolve, and they knew it better than any of us. Sure, they re-worked some old demos and all. So what? For years people were complaining they did not put anything out-now they have and those same people are complaining. I can't speak for the rest of the world, but that sounds pretty American to me.

Also, look at the chatter around the globe about this album and their band! Does that happen when other bands put something out? Did people give this many shits when the Eagles got back together and made their sleeper of an album years ago? NO.

VH has commanded quite a presence within the industry all these years, and in my opinion, they are still kings.
mrsromek
45 RPM

Postby No Surprize » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:21 pm

mrsromek wrote:VH 1984 was the cassette that got me into music in 4th grade. Then, DLR left. I waited 20+ years hoping he'd come back into the fold and I could see VH together on stage again. Then EVH booted MA out. So, Wolfie's in. I paid a lot of money for a nosebleed seat to see 3/4 of VH in '07. I wasn't blown away, but it cool seeing what I envisioned as a kid (minus MA, of course).

I've read some reviews and listened to a few YouTube snippets. I'll get the thing on Tuesday and play it a few times. It's 2012, and those guys (VH) will do what they want and obviously, they have. It's time to evolve, and they knew it better than any of us. Sure, they re-worked some old demos and all. So what? For years people were complaining they did not put anything out-now they have and those same people are complaining. I can't speak for the rest of the world, but that sounds pretty American to me.

Also, look at the chatter around the globe about this album and their band! Does that happen when other bands put something out? Did people give this many shits when the Eagles got back together and made their sleeper of an album years ago? NO.

VH has commanded quite a presence within the industry all these years, and in my opinion, they are still kings.

Amen to that.
VH have returned like an ex-lover who knocks on your door after 20 years and without saying a word looks at you with that same gleam in her eye she had back in the day..and damn if the old girl doesn't still get you hard! Then she fucks you silly and you feel young again.... years be damned! This is why we live baby!!
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:51 am

No Surprize wrote:
mrsromek wrote:VH 1984 was the cassette that got me into music in 4th grade. Then, DLR left. I waited 20+ years hoping he'd come back into the fold and I could see VH together on stage again. Then EVH booted MA out. So, Wolfie's in. I paid a lot of money for a nosebleed seat to see 3/4 of VH in '07. I wasn't blown away, but it cool seeing what I envisioned as a kid (minus MA, of course).

Amen to that.
VH have returned like an ex-lover who knocks on your door after 20 years and without saying a word looks at you with that same gleam in her eye she had back in the day..and damn if the old girl doesn't still get you hard! Then she fucks you silly and you feel young again.... years be damned! This is why we live baby!!

That only works if you aged and she didn't. That's the one thing I hate about FB. Reconnecting with these images I had in my head all these years only to find out they got old too.

But with the VH album, they seemed to have stayed young for the most part on this one. Such a clean, crisp mix which always helps.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby strangegrey » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:53 am

I've listened to the whole thing several times through and I feel it's the worst VH record ever released.....I really don't know what Wombats smoking....first praises on that piece of shit by Journey, Eclipse....then this carefully executed turd from the VH boys....are we listening to the same shitty albums?

Energy don't mean shit without songs. VHI Had songs, so did Every other VH Record....this one doesn't....simple as that.

Hugely disappointed!
strangegrey
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:33 am

strangegrey wrote:I've listened to the whole thing several times through and I feel it's the worst VH record ever released.....I really don't know what Wombats smoking....first praises on that piece of shit by Journey, Eclipse....then this carefully executed turd from the VH boys....are we listening to the same shitty albums?

Energy don't mean shit without songs. VHI Had songs, so did Every other VH Record....this one doesn't....simple as that.

Hugely disappointed!

You gotta let all that go man and just enjoy it for what it is. For their age, for being gone, for all the crap, it's not a bad disc at all. It needs more melody and all that, but I just have to let that go.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby AR » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:20 am

:wink:
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby strangegrey » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:58 am

Memorex wrote:
strangegrey wrote:I've listened to the whole thing several times through and I feel it's the worst VH record ever released.....I really don't know what Wombats smoking....first praises on that piece of shit by Journey, Eclipse....then this carefully executed turd from the VH boys....are we listening to the same shitty albums?

Hugely disappointed!

You gotta let all that go man and just enjoy it for what it is. For their age, for being gone, for all the crap, it's not a bad disc at all. It needs more melody and all that, but I just have to let that go.

Let what go?
I'm not harboring any ill will towards EVH and the boys. I've been a huge VH fan for over 30 years (A dirty little secret is that I am a greater VH fan than I ever was a Journey fan) and EVH is the direct reason I am a guitarist.

The fact of the matter is that there are no songs (good, bad or otherwise) on this record. It's crap. To my ears, there's one good song, that's it. The rest sound like late 70s demo rejects that were rehashed. Ironically, that's not too far from the truth. However, EVH and co failed to consider that they should have left 35 year old rejected songs in the past, where they belong.

I should not, as a fan, be forced to consider their age, their absence or any other mitigating factor here when demanding a good product from them or any other band. When they release a pile of rat excrement, I will react accordingly. When they release a great album, I will react accordingly.

Too many people are so enamored with the fact that VH released something, anything at all, to stop and listen to the quality of the piece of shit that was released.

This is Journey Eclipse all over again. Diarrhea gets released, fanbois start having orgasms at the mere thought of drinking said diarrhea....guzzle it all down in a frosty mug, without realizing what they're gulping down.....

and we wonder why the bar has been lowered in this genre of music?!
strangegrey
Stereo LP

Postby AR » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:11 am

I like the CD, but Frank states his case well and I respect his opinion on it. Much like me, he recognizes there is no sense being wishy washy and states a strong opinion.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

PreviousNext

Return to Van Halen