More sammy talk..

Ed+Al+Wolf+Dave-Mike(Sammy+Gary=0)=2012 Tour+CD=fans(money)

Moderator: Andrew

More sammy talk..

Postby brandonx76 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:10 am

""I think it's great that they finally made a record for the fans. The fans deserved a record about 20 years ago…They deserved about 10 records in that amount of time," the Red Rocker declared. "So, I'm happy for the fans that they gave them something. I think they could have done a better job, but that's none of my business.""
brandonx76
Cassette Tape

Postby NealIsGod » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:37 am

Put a sock in it, Sammy. Chickenfoot sucks.
NealIsGod
MP3

Re: More sammy talk..

Postby Don » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:42 am

brandonx76 wrote:""I think it's great that they finally made a record for the fans. The fans deserved a record about 20 years ago…They deserved about 10 records in that amount of time," the Red Rocker declared. "So, I'm happy for the fans that they gave them something. I think they could have done a better job, but that's none of my business.""

But it doesn't stop you from running your mouth like a Mexican housewife..
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby brandonx76 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:28 am

Don wrote:
brandonx76 wrote:""I think it's great that they finally made a record for the fans. The fans deserved a record about 20 years ago…They deserved about 10 records in that amount of time," the Red Rocker declared. "So, I'm happy for the fans that they gave them something. I think they could have done a better job, but that's none of my business.""

Aye yai yai
brandonx76
Cassette Tape

Postby Joe Vana » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:47 am

brandonx76 wrote:
Don wrote:

Aye yai yai

Sounds like a jealous ex wife.....I must say this and what he has said recently makes him look like a small person....

Sad...

JV
The World was flat once....what happened??
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby brandonx76 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:54 am

Joe Vana wrote:
brandonx76 wrote:
Don wrote:

Aye yai yai

Sounds like a jealous ex wife.....I must say this and what he has said recently makes him look like a small person....

Sad...

JV

He goes on to talk about selling a new line of rum...more details here : http://www.955klos.com/rssItem.asp?feed ... d=29803264
brandonx76
Cassette Tape

Postby JTRock » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Sour grapes. They haven't sounded this good since 1984! :lol:
JTRock
Ol' 78

Postby strangegrey » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:37 pm

Bullshit. They haven't sounded worse...

Sammy is spot on.
strangegrey
Stereo LP

Postby No Surprize » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:41 pm

strangegrey wrote:Bullshit. They haven't sounded worse...

Sammy is spot on.

Without Van Halen, Sammy's career would have been along the line of Billy Squier's. Mamby, pamby, bullshit to the max. Hearing Hagar singing is akin to hearing

the Von Trapps yodeling on a swiss mountaintop, irritating to say the least. The new record is beyond awesome. A barn-burning, ass kicking, guitar drenched

work of art that exceeds much of the pre-1984 stuff. Edward, thank you.
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby NealIsGod » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:26 pm

No Surprize wrote:

Sammy is spot on.

Without Van Halen, Sammy's career would have been along the line of Billy Squier's. Mamby, pamby, bullshit to the max. Hearing Hagar singing is akin to hearing

the Von Trapps yodeling on a swiss mountaintop, irritating to say the least. The new record is beyond awesome. A barn-burning, ass kicking, guitar drenched

work of art that exceeds much of the pre-1984 stuff. Edward, thank you.

Sammy was coming off a very successful album (VOA) and hit song (I Can't Drive 55). I think Sammy would have still had a helluva career without VH, but he sure did make them more pop-oriented. I have a lot of respect for Sammy, but he needs to take the high road here.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:31 am

Sammy is spot on.

He is and I don't think it's jealously at all. Chickenfoot, though not VH big is huge and aside from four tracks the albums is mostly kinda "meh."

Now. NEXT record I'd REALLY love to see 5-6 Dave tracks, 5-6 Sammy tracks and maybe even a Cherone track or 2.
I bet all 3 singers would go for it, touring it would be a different story, Dave and Sammy would likely have to take $ concessions.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby brandonx76 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:54 am

Red13JoePa wrote:

Sammy is spot on.

He is and I don't think it's jealously at all. Chickenfoot, though not VH big is huge and aside from four tracks the albums is mostly kinda "meh."

Now. NEXT record I'd REALLY love to see 5-6 Dave tracks, 5-6 Sammy tracks and maybe even a Cherone track or 2.
I bet all 3 singers would go for it, touring it would be a different story, Dave and Sammy would likely have to take $ concessions.

Surely hell would have frozen over for that to occur...
brandonx76
Cassette Tape

Postby NealIsGod » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:32 am

Red13JoePa wrote:maybe even a Cherone track or 2.

Yeah, right. :lol:
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby cittadeeno23 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:47 am

Yea, and David Lee Roth had a Great Career without VH!!! Give me a friggin break. Wasn't he a lounge singer in Vegas for a while???
Sammy's got more musical talent in his pinkie than DLR has in his entire body. And Chickenfoot kicks ass. To say they suck is just plain stupid. Period. If you like classic VH, fine. Enjoy. But to say Chickenfoot sucks is absurd.
cittadeeno23
LP

Postby slucero » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:38 am

cittadeeno23 wrote:Yea, and David Lee Roth had a Great Career without VH!!! Give me a friggin break. Wasn't he a lounge singer in Vegas for a while???
Sammy's got more musical talent in his pinkie than DLR has in his entire body. And Chickenfoot kicks ass. To say they suck is just plain stupid. Period. If you like classic VH, fine. Enjoy. But to say Chickenfoot sucks is absurd.

Chickenfoot kicks ass... just not as much as Van Halen... 8)

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby No Surprize » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:51 am

cittadeeno23 wrote:Yea, and David Lee Roth had a Great Career without VH!!! Give me a friggin break. Wasn't he a lounge singer in Vegas for a while???

Are you saying his solo career was bunk? From Eat em and smile (platinum), Skyscraper (platinum), A little ain't enough (gold), umm, not to bad I'd say. Now

go open your three lock box of selective memory and fire away.

No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:12 am

No Surprize wrote:

Are you saying his solo career was bunk? From Eat em and smile (platinum), Skyscraper (platinum), A little ain't enough (gold), umm, not to bad I'd say.

"A L'il Ain't Enough" and so he got nothing. It was almost prophetic, LOL! Between 1990 and rejoining VH, Roth only flirted with relevance, except for a couple songs in that best-of CD.

Hagar's resumé, OTOH, looks quite different.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby cittadeeno23 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:59 am

Exactly. For 20 years DLR had no music career. 20 years! From 1992 to 2012 NOTHING!
cittadeeno23
LP

Postby No Surprize » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:35 pm

cittadeeno23 wrote:Exactly. For 20 years DLR had no music career. 20 years! From 1992 to 2012 NOTHING!

And spammy has? LOL. He wasn't relevant until joining Halen. An opening act all the way. Let him go on with chickenfeed, it suits him. I can honestly say, a

Hagar the horrible fronted band never be heard by this kid. I can hear him now, yodeling from a mountaintop somewhere in Switerland. lol

No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:43 pm

No Surprize wrote:He wasn't relevant until joining Halen.

How can you say such a thing when everyone knows Montrose was a direct influence on early VH?
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby NealIsGod » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:25 am

No Surprize wrote:
cittadeeno23 wrote:Exactly. For 20 years DLR had no music career. 20 years! From 1992 to 2012 NOTHING!

And spammy has? LOL. He wasn't relevant until joining Halen. An opening act all the way.

I saw Krokus open for Sammy in 1983. So you're wrong about that.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:31 am

Like Neal and Luke, Sammy calls 'em as he sees 'em. That said. Chickenfoot sucks.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby No Surprize » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:33 am

NealIsGod wrote:
No Surprize wrote:

And spammy has? LOL. He wasn't relevant until joining Halen. An opening act all the way.

I saw Krokus open for Sammy in 1983. So you're wrong about that.

Krokus? Seriously man? Krokus? lol.

No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby No Surprize » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:36 am

verslibre wrote:

How can you say such a thing when everyone knows Montrose was a direct influence on early VH?

Now your pulling the rabbit out of the hat. Never heard, nor read that in my life. You gotta do better than that V.

No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby JTRock » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:38 am

This is like the whole "Bewitched" debate, Darren 1 or Darren 2. Both have their fans, both good, just different.
JTRock
Ol' 78

Postby RedWingFan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:00 am

After listening to the new VH cd and seeing the show this week. I've determined that I'd love them to put out new music with Sammy but tour with Roth. :) The cd isn't bad, but it doesn't compare with the last couple with Sammy.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:34 am

No Surprize wrote:
verslibre wrote:

Now your pulling the rabbit out of the hat. Never heard, nor read that in my life. You gotta do better than that V.

Where have you been? Under a bridge with the Travelocity Gnome? :lol:

What's next? You're going to deny the influence of Black Oak Arkansas's Jim Mangrum on DLR in the early days?
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby No Surprize » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:25 pm

verslibre wrote:
No Surprize wrote:
verslibre wrote:

Where have you been? Under a bridge with the Travelocity Gnome? :lol:

What's next? You're going to deny the influence of Black Oak Arkansas's Jim Mangrum on DLR in the early days?

LOL! Good one "V", travelocity gnome. Matter of fact I might of had a few beers with him there. Now, I know Jim Dandy was a major influence on Roth per stage

persona, and Roth took that to the next level. Never though have I heard about Montrose. Montrose? lol. Hey V, here's one for you.."Here we go Marching to

Mars". lol. I bet you like that though.

No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby masque » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:06 am

ok couple of clarifications here;

dave as a solo artist was massive for a couple of albums.....eat and smile was double platinum and skyscraper platinum......plus he was headlining arenas for both those tours.....so let's not get carried away with how pathetic he was without van halen.

a lil aint enough didnt fare as well but not because of quality but because of the grunge movement.....dave could have released the best album of his life in the early 90's and it was gonna die because that kind of music was going away for a while.

now to sammy.....sammy was making huge money and was headlining arenas when van halen called......in fact, sammy took a pay cut to join van halen......now i will say that in all likelihood that joining van halen probably lengthened sammy's relevant career because at the time it seemed to be a combination that really worked well for the public.

and as for sammy making them more pop oriented I think ed wrote all of the majority of the music for those sammy albums so sammy was writing lyrics and melodies to the music he was given so i think ed is just as much responsible for vh going more pop as sammy.
masque
8 Track

Postby texafana » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:59 pm

"maybe even a Cherone track or 2. "

I don't know what it is with Gary. With VH he looked and acted like a queen on stage. I think he over did it for some reason, with Extreme (saw them on Dish recently) he looked and acted fine.
texafana
Cassette Tape

Next

Return to Van Halen