Van Halen to play Tokyo Dome June 21

Ed+Al+Wolf+Dave-Mike(Sammy+Gary=0)=2012 Tour+CD=fans(money)

Moderator: Andrew

Van Halen to play Tokyo Dome June 21

Postby Don » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:02 am

Really surprised with this announcement. The place seats 55,000 people. If VH cancels this date for some bullshit reason, they should be blacklisted from touring forever.
Don
Super Audio CD

Re: Van Halen to play Tokyo Dome June 21

Postby portland » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:32 am

Don wrote:Really surprised with this announcement. The place seats 55,000 people. If VH cancels this date for some bullshit reason, they should be blacklisted from touring forever.

I thought you came down here to get away from the peace and love in the Journey forum :wink: :lol:
What's left After You Fall?.....A Cover Band?
portland
Compact Disc

Re: Van Halen to play Tokyo Dome June 21

Postby Don » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:03 am

portland wrote:
Don wrote:Really surprised with this announcement. The place seats 55,000 people. If VH cancels this date for some bullshit reason, they should be blacklisted from touring forever.

I thought you came down here to get away from the peace and love in the Journey forum :wink: :lol:

Looking at Journey now, they are pretty much on autopilot. Play songs from 1978 to1983, rinse, repeat. It's at the point where I can leave the forum, come back three months from now and nothing will have changed (except Pineda's voice it seems).

I just was amazed that Van Halen is playing such a big venue. Granted, they did play Budokan three nights in a row back in 1998 but I wasn't sure if they still had that big a following these days.

They have played the Tokyo Dome before but that was back with Sammy in 1989.
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby WalrusOct9 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:01 am

It'd be Van Halen's first shows with DLR since the early 80's. They'd fill it.

Hell, Axl & the 5 guys who aren't Slash played the Tokyo Dome a couple years ago. Mick Jagger played it on his 1988 solo tour. I don't know if it's just because Japan likes music more than we do, or if it's just a bigger deal when tours actually go there, but you can sell a LOT of tickets in Japan that you couldn't sell elsewhere.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Return to Van Halen