no new album

Ed+Al+Wolf+Dave-Mike(Sammy+Gary=0)=2012 Tour+CD=fans(money)

Moderator: Andrew

no new album

Postby ltbob » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:35 am

Van Halen is not mixing new record. :( check VHND, they have the real story. :idea:
ltbob
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:06 am

Re: no new album

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:36 am

Hmm, I don't know. Andrew doesn't post BS.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 12420
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: no new album

Postby FamilyMan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:27 am

What is it with this band?! Rampant misinformation, rumors and secrecy. I've never seen a group squander their talent in a lazy malaise as much as this one. At some point, I can't see how anyone will care anymore. The shows on these last two tours weren't that great anyway.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:11 am

Re: no new album

Postby No Surprize » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:54 pm

I agree. No news from them or what their plans are. It's like pulling teeth and EVH is close to becoming a recluse to the point of no return. While I liked ADKOT, I wasn't blown away. It was no Fair Warning, VHII, or 1984. David Lee Roth probably cannot say what's going on or else he get's the boot right up the ass once again. Sad.
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
User avatar
No Surprize
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:55 am
Location: Captiva Island,Florida

Re: no new album

Postby WalrusOct9 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:30 pm

No Surprize wrote:I agree. No news from them or what their plans are. It's like pulling teeth and EVH is close to becoming a recluse to the point of no return. While I liked ADKOT, I wasn't blown away. It was no Fair Warning, VHII, or 1984. David Lee Roth probably cannot say what's going on or else he get's the boot right up the ass once again. Sad.


I liked ADKOT, but considering what much of it was sourced from, I genuinely believe the EVH well has run dry. I'm sure he's got hundreds of ideas and riffs lying around, but obviously not the ability to see them through into polished, serviceable songs.
-Steve C.
User avatar
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:13 pm
Location: Nashville

Re: no new album

Postby No Surprize » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:20 pm

WalrusOct9 wrote:
No Surprize wrote:I agree. No news from them or what their plans are. It's like pulling teeth and EVH is close to becoming a recluse to the point of no return. While I liked ADKOT, I wasn't blown away. It was no Fair Warning, VHII, or 1984. David Lee Roth probably cannot say what's going on or else he get's the boot right up the ass once again. Sad.


I liked ADKOT, but considering what much of it was sourced from, I genuinely believe the EVH well has run dry. I'm sure he's got hundreds of ideas and riffs lying around, but obviously not the ability to see them through into polished, serviceable songs.


Well, that's what a producer is for isn't it? To weed out the shit and polish it into gold. No one really knows what goes on in EVH mind. Not here, not the supposedly inside source's, not the VHnewsdesk website. It's a shroud of secrecy that everyone is getting really tired of, fast!
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
User avatar
No Surprize
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:55 am
Location: Captiva Island,Florida

Re: no new album

Postby Boomchild » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:03 am

FamilyMan wrote:What is it with this band?! Rampant misinformation, rumors and secrecy. I've never seen a group squander their talent in a lazy malaise as much as this one. At some point, I can't see how anyone will care anymore. The shows on these last two tours weren't that great anyway.


There are lots of people who don't care anymore. This has to be one of the most dis-functional bands around.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5727
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: no new album

Postby ltbob » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:48 am

I know Andrew doesn't post b.s., sorry not what I meant. This band is more frustrating than a mother n law.
ltbob
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:06 am

Re: no new album

Postby RockInDetroit » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:50 am

FamilyMan wrote:What is it with this band?! Rampant misinformation, rumors and secrecy. I've never seen a group squander their talent in a lazy malaise as much as this one. At some point, I can't see how anyone will care anymore. The shows on these last two tours weren't that great anyway.


People so love to bash these guys.

First off, as a person who saw Van Halen in their prime with both DLR and Sammy as singers. They were 10 times the band live on the most recent tour. Each time I saw them in the past they were totally blitzed and threw long drunked solos in the middle of their sets. Some of the songs they played in those days were unrecognizable. On the most recent tour that I saw the guys (all 4 of them) seemed sober.

I also get irritated with the people that can not let go the fact Michael is no longer in the band. How many bands out there have all originals? It just doesn't stop with you people. Let it go.

Also, when Sammy was in the band they barely played any DLR era songs and the ones they did sounded totally different (they sucked). Let VH play DLR songs when Dave is the singer and Sammy songs when Sammy is the singer. Personally if you go see a Dave show you should have expected that anyways.

People just love to complain.

That being said, the band should have better communication with their fans. My guess is that the guys have become unreliable because they either like to drink or do drugs. Message to the guys, the fans are getting a little impatient with the BS....I am too but the bashing is constant and really doesn't always make sense.
RockInDetroit
LP
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:44 am


Return to Van Halen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests