what songs are played live

Ed+Al+Wolf+Dave-Mike(Sammy+Gary=0)=2012 Tour+CD=fans(money)

Moderator: Andrew

what songs are played live

Postby ltbob » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:19 am

lots of people bitched bout Sam not singing enough Dave era. Why is it that V.H. doesn't play any Roth solo stuff?
ltbob
Ol' 78

Re: what songs are played live

Postby DracIsBack » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:05 pm

It's all Roth era Van Halen. No solo stuff, no Hagar stuff, no Cherone stuff.

And honestly, from what I've heard, it's not sung very well. Roth is a great showman, but (IMO) one of the worst live singers to step in front of a mike. That said, if you come for the ringleader and not for an "on-key" singer, you might love it.
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby RockInDetroit » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:54 am

One thing that I do not think is far is that people say stuff about how bad VH is live. Actually they are better now than they ever have been. I have seen them Roth Pre-Hagar, Hagar, and Now. While it is true Roth's voice is not great, but it never has been live. He might even be a little better because he is sober. As for the rest of the bad, they are sober also and the band themselves sounds better than they ever have. People love to complain about Anthony missing, the fact is he was not sober in the past either. I'll take a sober Wolfgang over the Anthony we got. We as fans of the band only started to notice because we are more sober also. We expect more out of our concerts. Honestly, I highly recommend seeing the band live with the Roth warts and all. It is a better product. Think about this, why was a live audio or video never officially released?
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby DracIsBack » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:47 am

While it is true Roth's voice is not great, but it never has been live.

I get it, I get it.

One thing i've come to realize about Roth is that he's polarizing among fans.

Camp A thinks: "Hey awesome - it's Roth. The ultimate showman. The coolest songs. The ringleader"

Camp B thinks: "Oh crap - it's Roth. He's arrogant. He's cheezy. And he's completely tone deaf as a live singer who isn't remotely as good as he thinks he is."

You saw it in the media reviews this summer and in the ticketmaster fan ratings as well. People always love Eddie's playing, but people either love Roth or hate Roth on a stage.
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby ltbob » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:16 am

nutn to do with vh, but this site "m.r." has nothing anymore........cya
ltbob
Ol' 78

Return to Van Halen