C.C. DeVille (Poison) Interview

Anything on those classic LA bands - Poison, Warrant, Dokken, Ratt, Motley Crue or otherwise related.

Moderator: Andrew

C.C. DeVille (Poison) Interview

Postby saviour_of_rock » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:53 am

C.C. DeVille - We caught up with the legendary Poison guitarist C.C. DeVille to talk about his recent stints on reality television, being clean & sober and becoming a father...and recording a cover of Justin Timberlake's Sexy Back???

Interview : http://www.savioursofrock.com/interview ... eVille.htm

Full audio/Podcast : http://www.savioursofrock.com/Podcast.htm

Saviours Of Rock.com
www.savioursofrock.com
saviour_of_rock
Radio Waves

Re: C.C. DeVille (Poison) Interview

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:44 am

saviour_of_rock wrote:C.C. DeVille - We caught up with the legendary Poison guitarist C.C. DeVille to talk about his recent stints on reality television, being clean & sober and becoming a father...and recording a cover of Justin Timberlake's Sexy Back???

:roll: Pffff. Know what? I bought Poison'd at Fye instead of Walmart just to AVOID owning the Timberlake cover.

Anybody else get the record yet? Mixed feelings on it so far, but I DIG Can't You See? and Little Willy.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby saviour_of_rock » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:41 pm

I reviewed it there. http://www.savioursofrock.com
Not the Walmart version though. Havnt even heard it.
saviour_of_rock
Radio Waves

Postby Red13JoePa » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:25 am

Agree, it is overall a good album.

And the key to me for the 8 new tracks and WAAB has to be Was fattening up the overall sound, especially the guitarts from the thin, tinny, demo-ey feel of Hollyweird and even RRAN has a thin sound compared to the fat lushness of the new tracks. That and Was' production gives Michaels' voice a new lease on life, he sounds tougher than since Crack A Smile.
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby saviour_of_rock » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:08 am

Red13JoePa wrote:Agree, it is overall a good album.

And the key to me for the 8 new tracks and WAAB has to be Was fattening up the overall sound, especially the guitarts from the thin, tinny, demo-ey feel of Hollyweird and even RRAN has a thin sound compared to the fat lushness of the new tracks. That and Was' production gives Michaels' voice a new lease on life, he sounds tougher than since Crack A Smile.

Yeah, I thought his voice was kickarse, I was worried after Hollyweird. I saw them live on their web concert, playin a few of these songs. Unbeleivable. I thought Poison was washed up and I'd almost given up on them. Man they still rock hard!

As for RRAN, that is a one take demo that they did for Less Than Zero. But, yes it sounds very thin, never liked that cut.
saviour_of_rock
Radio Waves

Postby Red13JoePa » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:20 am

saviour_of_rock wrote:
Red13JoePa wrote:Agree, it is overall a good album.

Yeah, I thought his voice was kickarse, I was worried after Hollyweird. I saw them live on their web concert, playin a few of these songs. Unbeleivable. I thought Poison was washed up and I'd almost given up on them. Man they still rock hard!

As for RRAN, that is a one take demo that they did for Less Than Zero. But, yes it sounds very thin, never liked that cut.

Yep and RNRAN is remastered, too. Play that next to say, Little Willy or We're An American Band and your speakers will blow it's so quiet and thin compared to the new Was songs....I know Was is not a metal producer (Stones are his claim to fame) but they may be onto something there.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:06 am

See Andrew's review of Poison'd?

Hooo boy. Not for the squeamish Poison fan. :lol:
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby saviour_of_rock » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:15 am

I know! Ouch!
Harsh.
And he liked the Tesla one. Although the Tesla one sounded sensational, it was boring as hell.

Poison one was fun and I loved it after a few listens...thought I would hate it, cause I hate cover albums.
saviour_of_rock
Radio Waves

Re: C.C. DeVille (Poison) Interview

Postby Shadowsong » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:03 pm

No there was a half cocked disaster waiting to explode.
~Shadow~

There is a seed within called hope
Waiting for the chance to grow
There's forever flowing from your soul
Waiting for the spirit to be flown
Shadowsong
Cassette Tape

Return to The LA Rocks Board