Was Cinderella getting really good?

Anything on those classic LA bands - Poison, Warrant, Dokken, Ratt, Motley Crue or otherwise related.

Moderator: Andrew

Was Cinderella getting really good?

Postby SF-Dano » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:24 am

I had the opportunity to listend to some of " Long Cold Winter" again for the first time in many, many years the other day. As I was listening it struck me that I liked it way more than I did back when it was released. It was some real good blues based hard rock. With that stated, I remembered back to their debut album and thought about how that was really just raw glam rock music. I think, had the music environment not changed so drastically, Cinderella was on their way to being a quite good band. Of course, you had to develop a taste for Tom's voice. But, I feel their song writing was finally catching up to their playing ability. Does anyone else feel this way? Or, did you maybe prefer their more basic sound (JMO) on the first couple CDs? How would you rank their albums according to your taste?
SF-Dano
Cassette Tape

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:52 am

Heartbreak Station's the bluesiest and my favorite.

You're right, though, Kiefer's pipes are an aquired taste. Not for everyone.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby scarygirl » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:48 am

I loved Long Cold Winter. It's an overlooked gem.
scarygirl
Stereo LP

Postby thechefs2003 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:48 pm

Great band live. I wish they would release another cd.
thechefs2003
Radio Waves

Postby Red13JoePa » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:03 am

Have the Extended Versions live record from '06, dude?

'Drew had it as one of the top live albums of 06 and I picked it up based on that and he was right on the noise as per usual.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby mrsromek » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:20 pm

Long Cold Winter was great then, and it still rocks now. This is yet again a case of if their hair was shorter, they still might be making new music. Too many of the crappier hair bands ruined it for the good ones-or should I say made them all victims of the "lumping together" that so many people do? As a side note, I met Eric and Jeff when they were touring with Naked Beggars. They sat down with us and told us all about the other side of their careers: booking venues, playing smaller crowds, and yes, all about the good old days.
mrsromek
45 RPM

Re: Was Cinderella getting really good?

Postby highvoltage » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:47 am

SF-Dano wrote:I had the opportunity to listend to some of " Long Cold Winter" again for the first time in many, many years the other day. As I was listening it struck me that I liked it way more than I did back when it was released. It was some real good blues based hard rock. With that stated, I remembered back to their debut album and thought about how that was really just raw glam rock music. I think, had the music environment not changed so drastically, Cinderella was on their way to being a quite good band. Of course, you had to develop a taste for Tom's voice. But, I feel their song writing was finally catching up to their playing ability. Does anyone else feel this way? Or, did you maybe prefer their more basic sound (JMO) on the first couple CDs? How would you rank their albums according to your taste?

I think they were a great band from the first CD. Night Songs is a great release... maybe if they had a less glam looking cover on it, it would have been taken more seriously. I still listen to all their CDs, they have stood the test of time for me, Heartbreak Station is probably my favourite. Keifer is a hugely talented musician and songwriter, a lot of people don't like his voice which I just don't understand - i wonder if we are listening to the same thing :lol:
highvoltage
Fresh Air

Postby X factor » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:06 am

I gotta say...the older I get, the LESS I can stand Keifer's voice...

NAKED BEGGARS are way cool, though. I caught one of their first gigs in Nashville a few years back.
X factor
Cassette Tape

Postby highvoltage » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:56 am

are naked beggars still going? I thought I read somewhere they had called it a day but I'm not sure
highvoltage
Fresh Air

Return to The LA Rocks Board