General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Dokken CD Review!

Postby TageRyche » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:30 am

Here's my review of the Dokken compilation The Definitive Rock Collection
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby YngwieSchenkersteen » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:27 pm

I like how you described that awesome George Lynch solo from Back for the Attack, "Mr. Scary". Lynch is right up there with Yngwie and Schenker, and left no doubt about that with this awesome solo!!
YngwieSchenkersteen
Radio Waves

Postby TageRyche » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:47 am

YngwieSchenkersteen wrote:I like how you described that awesome George Lynch solo from Back for the Attack, "Mr. Scary". Lynch is right up there with Yngwie and Schenker, and left no doubt about that with this awesome solo!!

Thanks for reading the review!
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby YngwieSchenkersteen » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:13 pm

Enjoyable review! Are you a big Dokken fan? I have all 4 of their eighties albums, plus Don's 1990 solo album with John Norum on axe.
YngwieSchenkersteen
Radio Waves

Postby TageRyche » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:50 am

YngwieSchenkersteen wrote:Enjoyable review! Are you a big Dokken fan? I have all 4 of their eighties albums, plus Don's 1990 solo album with John Norum on axe.

I'm a huge fan of Dokken. The only album I don't own besides the latest one is Shadowlife. I used to own it but it is a flaming piece of crap and I got rid of it.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby YngwieSchenkersteen » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:23 pm

TageRyche wrote:
YngwieSchenkersteen wrote:Enjoyable review! Are you a big Dokken fan? I have all 4 of their eighties albums, plus Don's 1990 solo album with John Norum on axe.

I'm a huge fan of Dokken. The only album I don't own besides the latest one is Shadowlife. I used to own it but it is a flaming piece of crap and I got rid of it.

I've heard that one is total crap. How were the other Dokken albums from the nineties? I used to assume they probably sucked without Lynch on lead guitar. Did they put out anything on the level of their eighties stuff?
YngwieSchenkersteen
Radio Waves

Postby TageRyche » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:03 am

I didn't really care that much for "Erase The Slate" and "Dysfunctional" was okay. "One Live Night" was good.

Though released this decade, "Live From the Sun" was good and I LOVE "Long Way Home". "Hell To Pay" is pretty good too.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara